Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 211. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 21, 2017, 01:37:23 AM
@VoskCoin , looks like you are having the same issue I was.. after hours of troubleshooting it looks like its my motherboard.. two of the PCIe x1 slots are causing issues when they are plugged in to the entire board, but if I avoid those 2 pci e slots (the 2 between the main pci e x16) it works perfect but I cant run all 5 cards. going to call MSI tomorrow

https://imgur.com/a/EGCVE <- the 2 empty pci e x1 slots are the ones causing the issues.. if any GPU is plugged into them it causes all of the GPUs to run like crap and crash.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 20, 2017, 07:02:48 PM
just google 'nvidia profile inspector'. download and run it.
JWT
Activity: 57
September 20, 2017, 05:24:20 PM
Normally when a miner starts, gpu boost 3.0 boosts the core clock to 2025-2075mhz and when miner quits it comes down to original state, but while cooldown the gpu gets boosted even more for a split second causing the nvidia driver to crash. the problem here is that when start or quit, there is not enough power ( i mean software/driver limit). All gpu follow a base profile ( _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) ) here there is a key that states ' CUDA - Force P2 State' its ON by default. you just need to change the state to OFF.

You can check the power state by command-line to get current state
Code:
nvidia-smi -q -d PERFORMANCE

It's P2 for all cards.
How do I set P0?
Couldn't find GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE field in register.
September 20, 2017, 03:37:35 PM
ran out of ideas, installing windows 10 now... will report back results

Issue recap -
4 1080ti GPU's run great/fine on windows 7

Installed 5th, wouldnt work, code 12 error. Changed bios settings shown above and they all showed up and will run, but will run like complete shit. Power % shown all over the place, and some cards capping out at 200 or 400 sol/s when running Equihash or 20-30mh/s with skunk..

Now attempting to install windows 10 pro x64 and ensuring nvidia drivers are up to date

Edit: Windows 10 install did not help at all..
Ran each card individually, with their own riser and cords and they worked on par with the 680-710 sol/s, but the moment I go from 4 to 5 it runs worse than if I had 3

Edit: Now I can't get 4 cards running, 2 on each PSU... originally had 4 on 1 PSU.. feel like selling alll this crap now lol

In my experience that could be motherboard. Some times the same motherboard need different settings.

You need to play with dmi-pci settings in bios. Try this:

1) dmi speed gen 1, pci speed auto
2) dmi speed gen 1, pci speed gen 1

also some mother boards got 2 different setting for pci slot. Play with this settings also.

Where would dmi speed fall under? Only see Peg0 and Peg1 speed
September 20, 2017, 02:43:21 PM
Normally when a miner starts, gpu boost 3.0 boosts the core clock to 2025-2075mhz and when miner quits it comes down to original state, but while cooldown the gpu gets boosted even more for a split second causing the nvidia driver to crash. the problem here is that when start or quit, there is not enough power ( i mean software/driver limit). All gpu follow a base profile ( _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) ) here there is a key that states ' CUDA - Force P2 State' its ON by default. you just need to change the state to OFF.

You can check the power state by command-line to get current state
Code:
nvidia-smi -q -d PERFORMANCE
JWT
September 20, 2017, 02:28:38 PM
How?
September 20, 2017, 02:21:48 PM
No crashing of driver and sniffdog. every thing running smoothly. i just switched the power state of gpus to P0.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
September 20, 2017, 11:53:50 AM
How are your cards taking all that algo switching?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 20, 2017, 11:17:13 AM
sniffdog, 3.8/card last day,not happy.
How do you get $5/card?

sniffdog, 3.1 per card last day, just 18 hours worked, cause some night troubles.
Not $5/card, but at least better than zec.
Can you possibly share your settings please?
Is that on zpool, MPH or Hashrefinery by the way?
I'd like to get Sniffdawwgg to work on my rig of 1080's. Wasn't able to find where the intensities where hidden in the powershell scripts but maybe folks here can shed some light on that.

I think my settings will be useless for you.. I just added my account on MPH to default settings, delete couple algos(I've been crashed on them  Huh), and set interval to 300 after benchmarking. That's all.
I use all available pools, ahashpool and your list.

By the way, I tried to find intensities too, but not success on it... I think my cards crash on some algos, cause intensity is too high for them.
Just edit the ps1 files in miners folder
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
September 20, 2017, 10:59:51 AM
How do you get $5/card?

sniffdog, 3.1 per card last day, just 18 hours worked, cause some night troubles.
I'd like to get Sniffdawwgg to work on my rig of 1080's. Wasn't able to find where the intensities where hidden in the powershell scripts but maybe folks here can shed some light on that.

I think my settings will be useless for you.. I just added my account on MPH to default settings, delete couple algos(I've been crashed on them  Huh), and set interval to 300 after benchmarking. That's all.

By the way, I tried to find intensities too, but not success on it... I think my cards crash on some algos, cause intensity is too high for them.
Ah interesting, I didn't realise Sniffdog was switching between pools as well as algos within one pool.

Annoying to read about the crashes though. Same thing happened to me all the time using Nemosminer. In a way I find comfort in seeing I'm not the only one experiencing those issues.
JWT
September 20, 2017, 10:27:17 AM
Same here,most of the algos and crashes at least once a day
DDL
Activity: 196
Stipend - The Freelancer's Currency
September 20, 2017, 09:39:19 AM
How do you get $5/card?

I think my settings will be useless for you.. I just added my account on MPH to default settings, delete couple algos(I've been crashed on them  Huh), and set interval to 300 after benchmarking. That's all.

September 20, 2017, 08:45:05 AM
How do you get $5/card?

DDL
Activity: 196
Stipend - The Freelancer's Currency
September 20, 2017, 08:25:37 AM
How do you get $5/card?

Activity: 182
September 20, 2017, 06:25:06 AM
Tried to set up Sniffdog on my PC running a GTX 1080 yesterday but no luck. The miner window closes right after it opens. Can't figure out why (unless there's some obscure code in there that prevents it from starting on anything else than a 1080Ti?)...

I have Win10, Powershell v5... any ideas?
Tried to run it in administration mode? In my system it ask for adm. perm. for PowerShell.
September 20, 2017, 06:18:09 AM
Tried to set up Sniffdog on my PC running a GTX 1080 yesterday but no luck. The miner window closes right after it opens. Can't figure out why (unless there's some obscure code in there that prevents it from starting on anything else than a 1080Ti?)...

I have Win10, Powershell v5... any ideas?
copper member
Activity: 59
Merit: 2
Tg: @map_ua Discrod: vjmap#6929
September 20, 2017, 06:08:00 AM

Issue recap -

Installed 5th, wouldnt work, code 12 error. Changed bios settings shown above and they all showed up and will run, but will run like complete shit. Power % shown all over the place, and some cards capping out at 200 or 400 sol/s when running Equihash or 20-30mh/s with skunk..

Now attempting to install windows 10 pro x64 and ensuring nvidia drivers are up to date

Ran each card individually, with their own riser and cords and they worked on par with the 680-710 sol/s, but the moment I go from 4 to 5 it runs worse than if I had 3

Edit: Now I can't get 4 cards running, 2 on each PSU... originally had 4 on 1 PSU.. feel like selling alll this crap now lol

In my experience that could be motherboard. Some times the same motherboard need different settings.

You need to play with dmi-pci settings in bios. Try this:

1) dmi speed gen 1, pci speed auto
2) dmi speed gen 1, pci speed gen 1

also some mother boards got 2 different setting for pci slot. Play with this settings also.
JWT
September 20, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
How do you get $5/card?
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The Future of Security Tokens
September 20, 2017, 05:52:54 AM
What do you guys mine atm?
Ich went with nicehash the last weeks because of idleness, but because of the relatively low ETH price
I gain very little profit.
September 19, 2017, 10:37:16 PM

Issue recap -

Jump to: