Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 29. (Read 409658 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 184
April 02, 2018, 01:00:42 PM
Guys what u doin with mining coins ? keep or sell ?
My strategy is to keep them until the end of the year and pay the electrity from my poket how many months i can....
But with 9x 1080ti  6x 1070ti and 13 x 1070 i make only like 35$ per day....omg.

Grin Grin Grin

Well, judging by the numbers, I understand that you are mining. Then maybe the option - the bob for you. If you mine more normal coins that are trash-scam, but bring x2-x3 from the fact that you are mining, then they need to be sell over immediately. In short, your question is not correct. For it is not indicated that - what you are mining now! Wink

BWK and CRC...

Well, not really bad)))
In my opinion, and it makes sense to hold on a little bit. It's are already like old coins here;) But if you keep everything all the time, then what to eat? )
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
April 01, 2018, 08:55:09 PM
My strategy is to keep them until the end of the year and pay the electrity from my poket how many months i can....
But with 9x 1080ti  6x 1070ti and 13 x 1070 i make only like 35$ per day....omg.

Grin Grin Grin

Well, judging by the numbers, I understand that you are mining. Then maybe the option - the bob for you. If you mine more normal coins that are trash-scam, but bring x2-x3 from the fact that you are mining, then they need to be sell over immediately. In short, your question is not correct. For it is not indicated that - what you are mining now! Wink

BWK and CRC...
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
April 01, 2018, 05:56:40 AM
Depends what i am mining,if its a shitcoin i dump it from start but if i think that certain coin have potential i keep it hoping for better price for it.Imo its all about if you roid your rigs already and if your main living income is mining
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
March 30, 2018, 01:14:49 PM

Grin Grin Grin

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
March 30, 2018, 12:17:09 PM

generally i sell half (pays electric and any left over goes to an upgrade fund), keep half.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
March 30, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
HODL for a long time or mine-sell-cashout. If you need money now - mine and cashout. If you havn`t problems with money - mine, convert to BTC and HODL. May be for the months, may be for years  Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
March 29, 2018, 02:50:34 PM

This is really not a good question, simply because every miner has different situation on his back at the moment, so good strategy for someone is not good strategy for you or vise versa.

Maybe someone bought his cards 2 years ago and someone  2 months ago, electricity cost perk KW can be very high or very low depending on country or region you are living, coins you mined can be long term good projects or trash for pump that already passed, etc....

Also someone bough all this equipment from his pocket -fiat or crypto- , and someone got a loan to start because he saw opportunity.

Activity: 165
March 29, 2018, 01:50:40 PM
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 01:27:38 PM

It could be, but if you are greedy sometimes more is less.
Lessons are sometimes painful and costly Wink
Surely, 3 days ago I had 0.4BTC in alts, today I have 0.1BTC  Grin But this shit looked soo good and profitable  Grin

So it is better to sell the altcoin you mine for the bitcoin as soon as possible.
March 29, 2018, 02:45:38 AM

Surely, 3 days ago I had 0.4BTC in alts, today I have 0.1BTC  Grin But this shit looked soo good and profitable  Grin
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
March 28, 2018, 07:24:04 AM
I sell my 4 aorus 1080TI's xtrem edition, and keep one only for 4K gaming (or maybe 2 in SLI for far cry 5 4K ultra in 2 days..  Roll Eyes )
I can sell very high on ebay that's insane !

Nice to be the seller those days ^^
Everyone making his own choice. As for me - a good time to sell was 2 months ago, now it`s too late.

I sell each one 800€ !
I do not complain lol

800€ = more than 900 USD
And what price was when you bought it? How much profit they brought to you? And i`ll repeat - 2 months ago you could sell it about 1.5k USD

same price, bought at 780€ so I'm fine
So, you haven`t lost money only. And 2 months ago you`d got a nice profit. It`s not bad, but could be better Smiley

March 28, 2018, 07:03:39 AM
I sell my 4 aorus 1080TI's xtrem edition, and keep one only for 4K gaming (or maybe 2 in SLI for far cry 5 4K ultra in 2 days..  Roll Eyes )

Everyone making his own choice. As for me - a good time to sell was 2 months ago, now it`s too late.

I sell each one 800€ !
I do not complain lol

800€ = more than 900 USD
And what price was when you bought it? How much profit they brought to you? And i`ll repeat - 2 months ago you could sell it about 1.5k USD

So, you haven`t lost money only. And 2 months ago you`d got a nice profit. It`s not bad, but could be better Smiley
Activity: 839
March 28, 2018, 03:57:02 AM

I sell each one 800€ !
I do not complain lol

800€ = more than 900 USD

March 26, 2018, 12:13:28 PM

I sell each one 800€ !
I do not complain lol

800€ = more than 900 USD
March 26, 2018, 08:47:26 AM

I sell each one 800€ !
I do not complain lol

800€ = more than 900 USD
March 26, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

March 25, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 05:42:25 AM
With current ROI that's almost at the bare minimum this cards can only be viable if their price is half of the regular gaming cards.
And I am not really sure they will take that path because the profit in that industry is beyond good will for gamers or anyone else for that matter.

They can pretend that they care for one side or the other but in reality for them it's the same if money they take comes from gamer or miner.
With this move they will maybe try to to play good Samaritan with both side.

Whatever they pretend I still can't find cheap Zotac or EVGA 1080ti's... Prices are insane.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
March 25, 2018, 04:54:46 AM
With current ROI that's almost at the bare minimum this cards can only be viable if their price is half of the regular gaming cards.
And I am not really sure they will take that path because the profit in that industry is beyond good will for gamers or anyone else for that matter.

They can pretend that they care for one side or the other but in reality for them it's the same if money they take comes from gamer or miner.
With this move they will maybe try to to play good Samaritan with both side.

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 04:39:24 AM
m before they reveal the next gamign card.
But the points above still stand, resale, warrenty, and fucnctionality.

Unless they are significantly cheaper i think people prefer the chance to go for the gaming cards.

I might pick up a couple of its true, jsut to add to my mini rig and then wait for the next gen ones.

I highly doubt they'll be much cheaper than the normal ones. We've already seen it with their previous attempt (failed one IMO).
Pages:
Jump to: