Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 39. (Read 409658 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 6
March 07, 2018, 06:22:53 PM
GPU fan is controlled by GPU BIOS and depends on card's temperature, how much was fan RPM before paste change and after? It is possible that now fan rotate speed is lower with new paste and those 63c can be default value programmed in GPU BIOS.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
March 07, 2018, 05:49:13 PM
Ok I don't get it at all. Based on both professional reviews and user reviews, the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is the best paste available if we ignore the cost to buy.
If that's the case, how comes I don't get A SINGLE POINT of Celsius reduction? It was 63 and it's still at 63 on an open case. Could there be something else bottle-necking me? I want to run it silently at night but I can't just reduce the fan speed and let it run at 70C or more!
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 05:42:06 PM
MLM is not profitable anymore, mine RVN!
Which Rvn miner version do you use?
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
March 07, 2018, 04:49:01 PM
Nice that some people like to do research for others  Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 507
March 07, 2018, 12:58:13 PM

Is this normal?

Your temperatures and fan speeds are completly ok, imho.
As far as i remember when mining with lyra2rev2 algo some overclocking of the memory is required also.
So you could check if adding some memory speed will add hashrate
Activity: 4
March 07, 2018, 11:01:26 AM
MLM is not profitable anymore, mine RVN!
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
March 07, 2018, 10:22:26 AM
In what tempratures and fan speeds are you guys running at?

I have the EVGA 1080ti FTW3, stock cooler and paste (the paste is going to be changed later today!)

At the moment I'm mining XVG (Lyra2REv2) at 68.25 MH/s
Power 77%, Memory +0, GPU +85 (I don't understand how the GPU clock works, it's going between 1780 and 1900 MHz)
The tempratures are... GPU: 63°C, POWER: 57°C, Memory: 55°C
The fans are working at 75% (2500rpm)

Is this normal? Maybe I'm used to the super efficient 1070s (both ti and non-ti)? The 1070s were working at under 60°C, 75% power and 40% fan speed.
I'll get the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut today and I'll report my stats after the change.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
March 07, 2018, 09:14:43 AM
Hi guys, as i tried my 2x brand new EVGA 1080ti my profit ( i still think its worth something ) i got about 55 K RVN coins from last 2 weeks or maybe ~ 9 days

was mining on rvnpool.com  but now suddenly its empty since   this morning.  so i switched ti DIXI coin   because they are just at block 5k  and i got about 7 dixi a day i think ( its much because the block reward will be reduced )

thank me later ..

so to answer your questions :  Try  X17 ALGO XVG , AND C11 ALGO DXC, and the best for me :  x16r ALGO RVN

good luck miners !!!!! Tongue
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
March 07, 2018, 08:26:18 AM
He's not using a pool he is solo mining, you can see that on the screenshot.
Yesterday tried with part of my farm the Nexuspool.ru, returns are about $3.5-4.5 per 1080Ti, nothing spectacular.
Solo mining might work better with this coin, but like others have said - most likely just luck factor. You can mine for weeks or mine for an hour and get a block.
Mostly agree with you. But my solo mining another coins were around the calculator, about 5-10 percent error. And it was about 3-6 blocks daily, it`s looks like about screen. It seems to much luck.

+1

I also tried yesterday to mine on a public pool.
Profit gently say - nothing at all. About two days of great luck, something is very doubtful.
Indeed, 1080 TI cards give about 3-4 $ a day from the nexus on the pool.
Right I do not know, maybe I should try a solo?  Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
March 07, 2018, 07:32:57 AM
Booohhhooooo 1080ti is making "only" 7,5$ a day we are all doomed sell your kids sell your wifes Grin We are still making roi in 3-4 months and in some cases way faster(for example i roid on raven in 1 month and i am sure many others did the same)while rx 4xx and 5xx have over 8 months long roi and people are still buying them in large amounts.Yes situation changed a bit because you cant just point your rigs on zec or nice hash and expect to earn 20$ per card but instead you need to be active and search for coins to mine with that kind of profit(they are out there)
Activity: 182
March 07, 2018, 07:15:06 AM
Anyone have a good SPR miner? SP_mod supposedly made one.
MLM has dropped below $9/day now on 1080ti, need to find something else.

9$/day? Are you sure? Maybe last week it was like that...

Ugh. You’re right. It’s currently $7.50 Sad
...which isn't bad at all today.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
March 07, 2018, 07:12:27 AM
No matter what card you have mining will be profitable only with coins that you can benefit on long run,
projects that will survive and go up for the value they have to offer to the world and community.

It depends only on your strategy. You can get much money with shitcoins if you have lots of time to obtain and analyze information.
Merit: 115
March 07, 2018, 03:44:07 AM
No matter what card you have mining will be profitable only with coins that you can benefit on long run,
projects that will survive and go up for the value they have to offer to the world and community.

Activity: 106
March 07, 2018, 12:06:05 AM

Ugh. You’re right. It’s currently $7.50 Sad
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
March 06, 2018, 11:12:25 PM
If you think the business world is just gonna sit and watch us make ROI >1 year and not jump in, you are in for a wakeup call.

I think thats wrong.  History repeats itself.  People never fucking learn.  There are many plausible scenarios where mining revenue is lower than operating costs in a mine, where only the home miner can make a profit.  The home miner is the most efficient miner - he has no other costs than the added electricity bill.  no rent, employees, costs, anything.  Heck he even saves money by not heating his house in winter.  Thus he can mine at a loss in winter, and still come out on top.

If you think the business world wont panic and go bankrupt when profits suddenly disappear (lets see...drop ETH 2/3rds, and drop btc by 1/2 and what do you have ?), then everyone investing is in for a huge wakeup call.  I view 8-10 months ROI standard for a GPU alone.  If its higher, and the gpu price is low...then buy them.  ROI changes fast, and ordering and installing gpus isnt.
Activity: 56
March 06, 2018, 04:56:38 PM
I was mining MLM for the past several days but I think the dificulty is goin up.  Do you guys know any other Coin/Token that would be good to mine that is also on an exchange?  I have 6 X 1080TI's.  Thanks
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
March 06, 2018, 03:17:46 PM
If you think the business world is just gonna sit and watch us make ROI >1 year and not jump in, you are in for a wakeup call.

My 2cents. I'm sure you will absolutely slaugther me, but wanted to share my thoughts.
All valid concerns and probably how this will continue to go.  Though there is some element of chance or difficulty in knowing exactly what will happen.  I am continuing on with the equipment I have and while it's a fun deal and would be great to build more rigs I have a lack of optimism in the future.  Taking a wait and see approach.

Regardless ROI is even worse if you pay your taxes.  Income and then capital gains for mining/selling takes a big chunk out of anything you earn.  People can frequently get away with not claiming anything on their returns however there is no reason to expect getting away with that will get any easier.  If anything it will be harder.
Activity: 13
March 06, 2018, 01:19:41 PM

Activity: 106
March 06, 2018, 12:30:36 PM
Activity: 216
Merit: 13
March 06, 2018, 11:26:00 AM
Good post.
I have to add though, that medium/large businesses invest into steadier endeavors, as they have internal governance and approval processes (often with multiple layers) and added bureaucracy. Even technology centered companies that are entering this field.
Therefore, investing in younger, unknown crypto, new algorithms, and finding some gems which ultimately will bring great technology (ex. ethereum, ex zcash, ex dash, etc) will undoubtedly be rewarded. Indeed you will need to get lucky for this to happen and be on a constant lookout, invest a lot of time in scouring for new tech, and having flexibility and time to experiment.

Another piece of the puzzle is the POW. As long as POW is alive (it's already being phased out or at least being part of hybrid model) mining will be alive.
However as blockchain tech evolves, I believe POW might be superseded entirely, as we see it in more and more projects.

Wow mining is absolutely garbo and only getting worse..

not really, the ROI of about 1 year - 1,5 year is very good in the business world. ROI will continue to go down, its a simple supply/demand/allocation of resources in the business world (which crypto has taken a seat in). As the marked matures, the risk decreases the ROI will also increase.

They will buy cards with quantity discounts, without/low VAT, they will have cheap electricity and they will try to get low taxes. and when nvidia and amd launches new cards they will be before you in the queue. Now let's assume things are going well! Right good for everyone? Not necessary, they will increase their investments into the sector, further increasing ROI and pushing your profits down. Their profits will be larger, their share of the market will increase. ASICS development for algoritms will increase, limiting the flexibility for GPU mining, if some companies with GPU mining has a large "breakthrough" the profits will be temporary, the asics will arrive. Or mining farms.

I have 3 riggs and think its great fun, but I'm not buying more(just replacing cards). Can you still make money on mining? sure. Great money? maybe. But current status and development the effort and risk I dont think see how ROI can go down. You can still get lucky. There is no scenario where we go back to old profits, that was early/first mover advantage (possible exception is an insane increase interest rates and inflation).

My 2cents. I'm sure you will absolutely slaugther me, but wanted to share my thoughts.
Pages:
Jump to: