Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 37. (Read 409658 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 2
March 10, 2018, 08:51:06 AM
Under $2 returns for equihash....time to eat supermarket ramen  Cry

if you really need mining to pay your bills then you really need to rethink your entire life.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
March 10, 2018, 08:42:34 AM
what would you pick.

a 1080 card, or a 1080ti card (price is excactly 20% more for the ti).

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
March 10, 2018, 02:44:05 AM
ugh, between the sig farmers talking to their alts and the overall loss of  overall value on this thread, im considering this one run its course lol
good luck guys, profits are dropping daily, hope your 1080ti's are far ROI like mine Smiley

~Happy Mining?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 11:00:36 PM
What would you mine today?
Mine shitcoin, try to sell it for btc :-) 
Activity: 56
March 09, 2018, 08:51:56 PM
What would you mine today?
Activity: 85
March 09, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
Hello! I want to mine on Nvideo, that you will advise mine and how many video cards you need for an income of $ 1000 per month?

The reality is that chasing new coins, creating wallets, dealing with shaky exchanges, etc. is a lot of work and takes experience.

It sounds like you are a beginner, so you will/should start out on Nicehash while you learn.

he should use MPH instead of Nicehash. Are you a noob too ?  Grin

I used nicehash long time too, there is concrete proof that profits are lower than another other pools?
Pools like Zpool, Zergpool   are hard to tell profits since coins mined have to be confirmed first then pass to an exchange and after that you can increase your real balance.
Activity: 102
March 09, 2018, 05:01:16 PM
Under $2 returns for equihash....time to eat supermarket ramen  Cry
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 04:48:19 PM

we aer going to mine etc with 7 gtx 1070 until the next peak =)
so feel free and look at https://whattomine.com/

Setup this discussion so we know the best way to max out the potential for this expensive GPU.

We know from time to time the profitability shift, so hope here can get advise and suggestion for near optimum profit.

Best Algo/hashrate:
Which pool:
which mining software:
current expected daily profit before electricity:
Any OC (core/memory):

Or any tips on extra mod:

23/Dec posted:
Maybe as we get this discussion further, I will group the list of Algo and coin that is most used by the 1080ti. To do this, might need some help from all of you as I might missed to capture what you have posted.

Could be like:

Current reported profitable coin:
- Date / Coin / Algo / maybe link to the coin or the miner?
- to ensure the list not too long, we will keep it within the top 20 reported by date. Any older date will be moved out (or I might put this to a google spreadsheet link)

As for the setting of the OC, I think just have to do own test as the variance just too large and every card is not the same

What other key info you believe should be in the 1st page?

I know many dont like to share the profitable coin as when it got listed here, likely is taking away the profit from them. but just post only if you are willing to help.
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
March 09, 2018, 03:59:31 PM
Hello! I want to mine on Nvideo, that you will advise mine and how many video cards you need for an income of $ 1000 per month?

Tell please, on which NVIDIA cards you are going to mine the crypto currency.
Cards are different, respectively, and their number to achieve this result will be different.
You decide first on what cards you are going to work, because your question is not quite correct  Wink
Activity: 65
March 09, 2018, 01:31:09 PM
good post about returns.

I also think the ROI especially on pascal will increase If you get the cards today, you will still have at least one new generation nvidia cards, which also will increase ROI from what we can see from the leaks and based on history.

New cards will be really expansive but i don`t sure that their cost will make them best ROI. It depends how you use your cards, can or can`t hodl and a big amount of other vatiables.

I saw the price of 1080Ti dropped about 3% in the last two weeks.
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
March 09, 2018, 07:47:25 AM

The reality is that chasing new coins, creating wallets, dealing with shaky exchanges, etc. is a lot of work and takes experience.

It sounds like you are a beginner, so you will/should start out on Nicehash while you learn.

he should use MPH instead of Nicehash. Are you a noob too ?  Grin
Activity: 23
March 09, 2018, 05:57:11 AM
I see that luxcoin mining is not good either. 30-day average decreases. https://bitverzo.com/currencies/luxcoin

Are there other coins that you should mining 1080TI?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
March 09, 2018, 03:53:34 AM
good post about returns.

I also think the ROI especially on pascal will increase If you get the cards today, you will still have at least one new generation nvidia cards, which also will increase ROI from what we can see from the leaks and based on history.

New cards will be really expansive but i don`t sure that their cost will make them best ROI. It depends how you use your cards, can or can`t hodl and a big amount of other vatiables.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
March 09, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
good post about returns.

Activity: 378
Merit: 197
March 08, 2018, 07:43:43 PM

For example:

I have an extra Nvidia 1080 ti running on Nicehash with some rx580's.  A few minutes ago it was mining Lyra2rev2 and had an income of $1.88. (Nicehash has had lower earnings the last week, part of the game)

The card uses roughly 200 watts of power at $.14 per kilowatt, so consuming $.68 cents a day .

A profit of $1.20 a day. Since the card cost $800 (if you are lucky), breakeven, just for the card, is 666 days.

So, $1000 a month of PROFIT, would be $33/day.  at $1.20 per card, you would need 27 cards.  

At $800 each you would need a $21,6000 investment, just for the cards.

You would also need motherboards, power supplies, etc. enough for 5 rigs (6 cards each), probably $400 rig each for another $2000, totaling $23,600.

Those 27 cards would generate $33 or so a day, which means $23,600/$33 = 715 days to payback, or 23 months at which time THEN you could profit $1000 a month.

(Except the coins you are mining will be increasing in difficulty, and you will experience down time for hardware issues, windows updates, etc.)

Best case:

If you did get experience, and spent a lot of time chasing mining software, wallets, etc. you might gross $4.00 a day per card, after electricity ($.14/ kW) your profit is  $3.32 per card.

Then:
 10 cards required, $8000 invested, 2 rigs, at $400 each, totaling a hardware investment of $8800

Breakeven is then $8800/$33 = 266 days or 8 months.

So, after at least 8 months of mining you could make a profit of about $1000 a month.

But wait... we need to talk about taxes....

Smiley
March 08, 2018, 06:56:37 PM

Thanks! I've never heard of that developer though and I'm wondering if it's safe since it's not open source. Has anyone heard of the developer before? Also, has anyone here been using it his miner for 1080ti? Is there any significant change for our card?
He is russian. I read his post in russian forum bits.media. Looks like he is good programmer and really make some privite miners for himself but not sell they.

that guy must be swimming in money now if he have the skill to make private miners for himself that are way better than public ones
There are coders like him out there that we dont know about,for example alexis also went underground and have only private miners now.Same thing happend with wolf0 he sell his minners only to big farms now,we are left only with claymore to deffend the honnor of small minners Cheesy

didnt know also alexis went underground, thats bad to hear
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
March 08, 2018, 06:39:55 PM

Thanks! I've never heard of that developer though and I'm wondering if it's safe since it's not open source. Has anyone heard of the developer before? Also, has anyone here been using it his miner for 1080ti? Is there any significant change for our card?
He is russian. I read his post in russian forum bits.media. Looks like he is good programmer and really make some privite miners for himself but not sell they.

that guy must be swimming in money now if he have the skill to make private miners for himself that are way better than public ones
There are coders like him out there that we dont know about,for example alexis also went underground and have only private miners now.Same thing happend with wolf0 he sell his minners only to big farms now,we are left only with claymore to deffend the honnor of small minners Cheesy
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
March 08, 2018, 06:22:20 PM

My guess is most talented devs do just that. They keep the good stuff for themselves and give the less optimised versions to the masses. Some even charge a dev fee for it!... But then again, we always have the choice whether to use it or not! Cheesy
March 08, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

copper member
Activity: 1899
Merit: 766
ether everywhere!
March 08, 2018, 05:49:23 PM

Pages:
Jump to: