Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 71. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 05:07:59 AM
why non stable ?  7x 1080 ti -- 6x evga scs 1x msı armor

https://i.hizliresim.com/A1gk7Q.jpg

pool bsod
Activity: 8
January 25, 2018, 03:17:46 AM
Hi all, have a few 1080ti cards and some questions:

-Overclocking: I started on smOS and overclocking on linux is so easy/stable, with smOS dstm equihash I was getting ~750 sol/s, 4 sol/w but I can't achieve these numbers on windows + afterburner without crashing. If anyone has a stable OC for multiple algos please share.

-What algo switching software/pools to use: After trying smOS (no profit switching feature), I am currently using MPM + MPH. However I think there are better pools than MPH like ahashpool (even though they dont have equihash?) So I am thinking of trying sniffdog. My question here is, I should be using ahashpool's sniffdog fork for this, instead of sniffdog's own latest release correct? Same with zergpool?

I have also been meaning to try awesome miner, nicehash, just not really sure what to use for best profit. I am currently benchmarking on ahashpool sniffdog fork.
Thanks

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 01:47:26 AM

That sounds easy enough. I downloaded thesniff tool that both ahash and refinery mention. I will let it run the benchmark and see how it compares to the HSR miner I have been running. Refinery actually mentions two other tools I can look into. I also saw nemosminer mentioned as well. Any of those you have affinity to?

Thanks for your help moon!

Honestly never tried the others.
Just individual miners and nicehash (at the beginning).
They all seem to have pretty good followings though, so I imagine they're pretty similar.

Give it a try for 24 hours and see what you think.
Just don't get excited and then disappointed if you don't get what the cmd windows predicts.
Example, since my last post, my blake2s prediction shot up to $27/day, and then fell down to $7.

I think if you don't have much time to sit constantly switching coins, or switching all your rigs across to chase profits, it's a great tool.
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
January 25, 2018, 01:25:22 AM
Is there some honest pools for us??Help!
My 6x1080ti working on ahashpool.com only got about 0.003btc/day,
But the cmd‘s windows always show 0.005-0.008btc/day,
very sad.
And now what is the answer of 1080ti Best mining option??

The cmd windows usually is also wrong and changes a lot based on what the pool has found and current prices.
It may be a bit less than mining directly, but you also have to deal with only one wallet and coin.
is it considerably less or only a few percentage?
which of them seems most consistent? I see Ahashpool, Miningrefinery, zpool, and miningpoolhub?
Do you have to use their sniffdog tool? Can it be used with 1070ti rig?
May be an easy set and forget option if the "a bit less" is not too bad.

I apologize for the barrage of questions, I will take whatever knowledge you can offer here.
Thanks

I prefer Ahash, but i think it just comes down to personal preference. Although, lots of people complain about Zpool.
I had good results mining individual coins on miningpoolhub also.
If you want to use a single miner you can, just point it at the right port etc.

The cmd window can show pretty inaccurate numbers, and it'll re-adjust frequently throughout the day.
Currently mine is showing 12$ / day AUD / card, where as a few hours ago it was showing 15$.
I generally get paid $9-10 per card.

It's a very easy set and forget program once you work out a stable overclock for all the algos you choose.
Just run, and get your btc to your wallet each time you hit the minimum payout.
I used to have to check my cards frequently, or change coins manually which got very time consuming.
With this I can just load the webpage once a day if I feel like it, to check the rig is still running, and then leave it be.

I've never used the program with a 1070ti sorry, could always just give it a try.

That sounds easy enough. I downloaded thesniff tool that both ahash and refinery mention. I will let it run the benchmark and see how it compares to the HSR miner I have been running. Refinery actually mentions two other tools I can look into. I also saw nemosminer mentioned as well. Any of those you have affinity to?

Thanks for your help moon!
January 25, 2018, 12:56:47 AM
very sad.

The cmd windows usually is also wrong and changes a lot based on what the pool has found and current prices.
It may be a bit less than mining directly, but you also have to deal with only one wallet and coin.
which of them seems most consistent? I see Ahashpool, Miningrefinery, zpool, and miningpoolhub?

I apologize for the barrage of questions, I will take whatever knowledge you can offer here.
Thanks

I prefer Ahash, but i think it just comes down to personal preference. Although, lots of people complain about Zpool.
I had good results mining individual coins on miningpoolhub also.
If you want to use a single miner you can, just point it at the right port etc.

The cmd window can show pretty inaccurate numbers, and it'll re-adjust frequently throughout the day.
Currently mine is showing 12$ / day AUD / card, where as a few hours ago it was showing 15$.
I generally get paid $9-10 per card.

It's a very easy set and forget program once you work out a stable overclock for all the algos you choose.
Just run, and get your btc to your wallet each time you hit the minimum payout.
I used to have to check my cards frequently, or change coins manually which got very time consuming.
With this I can just load the webpage once a day if I feel like it, to check the rig is still running, and then leave it be.

I've never used the program with a 1070ti sorry, could always just give it a try.

January 25, 2018, 12:07:25 AM
very sad.

Thanks
January 24, 2018, 11:59:56 PM
very sad.

Activity: 294
Merit: 16
January 24, 2018, 11:20:33 PM
Jeez does anybody ever mine these alt coins and hold them for a year or more?  Seems like all anyone does is mine until difficulty gets up then sell and move on.  Some "investment".
Activity: 36
January 24, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
very sad.
I was considering jumping into one of those pools with my 7x1080ti rig. I see so many posts referring to them. Your comment makes me weary though.
Are folks using it because its easy? Or is it profitable?

What miners can you use while mining on these switching pools? Does the HSR miner work or are you stuck with the software they offer?
Thanks for your insight. I am going to seek some more info through other threads.

I used software they offer and work in automode.(All-in-one Auto-switching script (for Beginners))
January 24, 2018, 10:47:19 PM
very sad.
I was considering jumping into one of those pools with my 7x1080ti rig. I see so many posts referring to them. Your comment makes me weary though.
Are folks using it because its easy? Or is it profitable?

What miners can you use while mining on these switching pools? Does the HSR miner work or are you stuck with the software they offer?
Thanks for your insight. I am going to seek some more info through other threads.
Activity: 36
January 24, 2018, 10:18:08 PM
very sad.
January 24, 2018, 08:08:53 PM
Thanks for all the information, figured enough lurking and perhaps time to post something. I have to get with the program, Im still mining GBX with my 7x1080ti using hsr neo...
Going to look into this LUX coin see where that takes me.
Thanks again gents will follow along

LUX profitability is solid Cheesy

https://whattomine.com/coins/212-lux-phi1612?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=37.0&p=220.0&fee=0.9&cost=0.1&hcost=700.0&commit=Calculate

You should mine LUX at october-november.
We're quite a way from October bud.

Much easier to know what you should have mined when looking at the past.
Activity: 14
January 24, 2018, 06:52:42 PM
Yeah everything is terrible atm, I'm just mining LUX since the year started and holding 'till I can get at least $40 per LUX.
No point in selling stuff now...or bet in new unlisted coins and hope for the best!lol
January 24, 2018, 06:21:40 PM
Thanks for all the information, figured enough lurking and perhaps time to post something. I have to get with the program, Im still mining GBX with my 7x1080ti using hsr neo...

https://whattomine.com/coins/212-lux-phi1612?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=37.0&p=220.0&fee=0.9&cost=0.1&hcost=700.0&commit=Calculate

We're quite a way from October bud.
DDL
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Stipend - The Freelancer's Currency
January 24, 2018, 04:47:13 PM

January 24, 2018, 04:05:52 PM
LUX profitability isn't great right now but then not much else really is that I've found at least not anything you can run through a calc on WTM.

It's particularly terrible for zcash, zcoin, etc..
January 24, 2018, 03:44:02 PM
problems with invalid shares could be due to very different number of currently active miners on YIIMP.  Can you give us estimate number of miners for XVG on YIMP and on ZPOOL at that time you got errors?
The YIIMP x17 stratum is always full.  Both ports.  3500+ miners typically.  If you can connect on the first try you're lucky.

Invalid shares doesn't ever stop happening.  It is always an issue and at about the same frequency.  I don't have hard numbers however I get seemingly at least four or five over each hour of mining with two 1080ti/x17.  Payouts are still OK - so it's not a huge issue.  I just don't like seeing the red "booooooo" come up on the client lol

Zpool never shows invalid jobs like this for me however it has other problems.  I've switched since to phi algo and am on altminer.net now.
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 01:06:25 PM

Activity: 119
January 24, 2018, 12:49:00 PM
Currently running six 1080 Ti SC Black Edition cards in my rig.
Would it be a bad idea to add an MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G to it?

My only concern would be overclocking the all the cards using the same settings.

You can individually give different settings per each card if you use MSI Afterburner. I have mixed cards on some rigs and they all run on different temperatures so some cards are pushed harder than others.
January 24, 2018, 11:52:49 AM
Anyone try hsr ? Which miner best? how many profity about a day?
I switched from klaust to hsr for neo and it was 10-15% better on my 1080to. On my 1070ti rig it was negligible so i stuck with klaust. Seems to be other miners/algos available to try out. I guess only some testing over time will tell.
Pages:
Jump to: