Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 67. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 04:05:19 PM
a slow transition is planned for eth. The first implementation will come with the casper release this year, but proof of work will stay there and slowly phase out to keep the network secure.
Activity: 75
January 29, 2018, 03:17:41 PM
Now onto important business. Who has heard about Eth going POS and it causing mining to go to sh!t in 6 months time?

Old news. That rumor has been going on since like 2016.

not a rumor, ETH is going PoS instead of PoW, its a fact. We wont see it in 6 months though.

exactly, POS is definitely in it's roadmap..the devs just keep pushing it back for some reason.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 217
https://lifinity.io/
January 29, 2018, 02:19:15 PM
I have been mining ZEN for the last 2 months with my 6x1080ti asus strix (asrock btc h81, 2xEvga 1000w g3), and 10 days ago it started crashing all the time, even the whole machine started restarting. I checked cables and changed all risers and still the sam. Then I took one card I suspected might be the cause of problems and put it on my desktop machine so I could check it solo. It worked perfectly for 3 days and the rest of the rig with 5 cards worked perfectly so I thought it might be that one of the PSU is having problems with supplying 3 cards. I cleaned all the components with air compressor and put the 6th card back and now everything is working perfectly for the last 5 days...
So...we should regularly clean our 1080ti's :-)

What OS do you have?
I have ethos and since the last update my rig are crashing after 36 / 48 hours...
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
January 29, 2018, 01:13:09 PM
I have been mining ZEN for the last 2 months with my 6x1080ti asus strix (asrock btc h81, 2xEvga 1000w g3), and 10 days ago it started crashing all the time, even the whole machine started restarting. I checked cables and changed all risers and still the sam. Then I took one card I suspected might be the cause of problems and put it on my desktop machine so I could check it solo. It worked perfectly for 3 days and the rest of the rig with 5 cards worked perfectly so I thought it might be that one of the PSU is having problems with supplying 3 cards. I cleaned all the components with air compressor and put the 6th card back and now everything is working perfectly for the last 5 days...

Can u please tell me how much power u get on power meter with all 6 cards running and do you have any power limit applied?
Did u noticed any temps rising or/and  rpm rising on GPU vents before the crash.

What temps are your cards giving after few hours of work.

Thanks

I set power limit to 90% and core clock +120, mem clock +450 and I get about 740sols per card with about 1700w from the wall with 6 cards running at about 55'c fan at 50% in the relatively cool and big room.
Hope this helps

Yes it does, thank you.

ps. You are probably doing about 900W from one PSU and 800W from other, isn't that little to much heavy lifting  for 2x 1000W PSU if you look at long term 24/7 mining?

Activity: 187
Merit: 2
January 29, 2018, 12:35:43 PM
Now onto important business. Who has heard about Eth going POS and it causing mining to go to sh!t in 6 months time?

not a rumor, ETH is going PoS instead of PoW, its a fact. We wont see it in 6 months though.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 09:18:11 AM

Can u please tell me how much power u get on power meter with all 6 cards running and do you have any power limit applied?
Did u noticed any temps rising or/and  rpm rising on GPU vents before the crash.

Thanks

I set power limit to 90% and core clock +120, mem clock +450 and I get about 740sols per card with about 1700w from the wall with 6 cards running at about 55'c fan at 50% in the relatively cool and big room.
Hope this helps
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 08:39:03 AM
I',m mining right now Luxcoin as well, I think this coins have great potential
and right now it useless to sell low, no prob, I'll wait while price will jump to 350k once again)

When I first mined Lux like a week and a half ago it was @ 34& I have 0.001 BTC in cryptopia im thinking of using the BTC to buy lux and then send back to my physical wallet as I hear new LUX wallet I can trade in the wallet to BTC if I wanted too.

Activity: 266
Merit: 111
January 29, 2018, 08:34:47 AM
I',m mining right now Luxcoin as well, I think this coins have great potential
and right now it useless to sell low, no prob, I'll wait while price will jump to 350k once again)
Activity: 26
January 29, 2018, 08:26:30 AM
Is anyone mining Verge X17 algo seems to be somewhat profitable on what to mine. I am on HIVE OS with Alexis fork on a 1080ti and 1070 getting 28mhs is anyone mining this >? atm im mining lux with SPMOD.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
January 29, 2018, 08:01:35 AM

Thanks
Activity: 287
January 29, 2018, 07:52:48 AM
Yeah ofcourse we have to clean from dust....I do once per month

depending on location of-course, I need to do every fortnight.

but still cannot get rid of the stuck dirt on the inside of the fans with air only.. how do you guys clean them up?
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
January 29, 2018, 07:09:35 AM

Do not let your cards to heat up too much.
Activity: 133
January 29, 2018, 07:03:07 AM
Yeah ofcourse we have to clean from dust....I do once per month
Activity: 180
January 29, 2018, 06:24:23 AM
Activity: 96
January 29, 2018, 04:56:59 AM
so lux is still the coin to mine?

Not much love for any coins I can see.
Profits down Sad

thats sad Sad
thanks
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 29, 2018, 04:53:21 AM

Not much love for any coins I can see.
Profits down Sad
Activity: 96
January 29, 2018, 03:56:55 AM
Activity: 64
January 29, 2018, 02:47:17 AM

Activity: 29
January 28, 2018, 11:51:08 PM
I know probably just BTCT account farming...but:

This is the thought that starts it all...
Then flash forward 6 months:
I can't find GPUs anywhere and I need 45 1080TIs for the 7 PSUs I bought just because they were in stock!  
Crap where are the all the risers with 4 capacitors?!?!?  
Think i can squeeze one more GPU into that case with an m.2 adapter???  
How many KWs  can I get on 208v 30 amps phase 3?
It sure is getting hot in here..
Did you check BTCT/Discord/Telegram/Reddit/Facebook/Blogs/News Sites/CMC/Blockfolio today?
Damn there is a scam/hack/dev disappeared/wallet in maintenance/BTC fork/tweet/law/rumor/IRS/blah blah blah

Yeah that computer sure had some good features...
[/quote]

HAHHAA you damn right son.. This sh1t is fkn addictive.

Activity: 1
January 28, 2018, 10:57:12 PM
This has been very interesting to read, thank you for all the input.

I've been using mine for nist5 algo, primarily Bulwark.
Pages:
Jump to: