Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 83. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 12:00:03 PM
i got so many invalid jobs id today. looks like it came from zpool and yiimp server. anyone has same issue? just upgrading my 1080 ti to newest driver version but still same, im using cuda 9.
Activity: 31
January 14, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
hi guys, what stable version for nvidia driver? also for cuda version? i try to use newest ccminer 2.2.4, it works good but after 1 day the miner speed is drop 50% and unstable. is it driver related or pool problem? i am using zpool and yiimp, both give me unstable hashrate. anyone has same problem?
Activity: 55
January 14, 2018, 07:06:30 AM
For lyra2rev2, what's the best software miner out there for the 1080ti?  I've been playing around with Alexminer, NemosMiner, and now I'm trying to see some other ones.. haven't quite gotten set up yet for lyra2 though, working on.

excavator

This is actually the best:  https://github.com/Nanashi-Meiyo-Meijin/ccminer/releases

I forgot it, that's right
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
January 13, 2018, 07:10:04 PM
For lyra2rev2, what's the best software miner out there for the 1080ti?  I've been playing around with Alexminer, NemosMiner, and now I'm trying to see some other ones.. haven't quite gotten set up yet for lyra2 though, working on.

excavator

This is actually the best:  https://github.com/Nanashi-Meiyo-Meijin/ccminer/releases

Activity: 55
January 13, 2018, 06:45:51 PM

excavator
Activity: 64
January 13, 2018, 04:21:33 PM
First set of 1080 ti's. Running into an issue.

Windows boots and runs perfectly. However, upon launching any mining program, I get an instant black screen crash with a reset.

I've tried all different settings. From stock to slightly OC'd. Windows settings are same as all my other rigs.
The longest I've had it run was for maybe half a day.

Thinking it's either psu issues (1200 watt titanium that I bought open box)
Risers
Drivers (using the newest)

Anybody have any thoughts or guidance? I'm was planning on doing a rebuild tomorrow anyways but wanted to see if y'all had some ideas on things I should look out for with these cards.

Try remove all the drivers using DDU, then start by using only one card, and then adding one by one
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 13, 2018, 03:56:24 PM
In my country almost no decent gpu available for sale. I think everything will be sold out in any moment.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
January 13, 2018, 02:45:17 PM
Prices are up in Belgium.. But still some stock I think. Finding GPUs second hand is more difficult.
Activity: 540
Merit: 251
ASK
January 13, 2018, 02:43:03 PM
Here in the US, online retailers have limited, or no supply of decent GPUS.

1080 TI used to be 700, they are now $900 USD. This is nuts. 
Activity: 839
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 02:40:29 PM
How is the supply of 1080ti's in your guys countries? Here in norway our biggest webshop is pretty much sold out of 1080ti with new stock not to be expected for a few weeks. Kinda crazy. Of the 28 different cards they have listed only 2 are in stock.

Same here in France shops bro' Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 1
January 13, 2018, 01:03:28 PM
How is the supply of 1080ti's in your guys countries? Here in norway our biggest webshop is pretty much sold out of 1080ti with new stock not to be expected for a few weeks. Kinda crazy. Of the 28 different cards they have listed only 2 are in stock.
Activity: 3
January 13, 2018, 12:43:14 PM
Which 1080ti's ( I just want to know the default and max power req. ) and how many?
Activity: 254
Merit: 109
January 13, 2018, 12:36:10 PM
First set of 1080 ti's. Running into an issue.

Windows boots and runs perfectly. However, upon launching any mining program, I get an instant black screen crash with a reset.

I've tried all different settings. From stock to slightly OC'd. Windows settings are same as all my other rigs.
The longest I've had it run was for maybe half a day.

Thinking it's either psu issues (1200 watt titanium that I bought open box)
Risers
Drivers (using the newest)

Anybody have any thoughts or guidance? I'm was planning on doing a rebuild tomorrow anyways but wanted to see if y'all had some ideas on things I should look out for with these cards.

Activity: 29
January 13, 2018, 08:59:25 AM

How are there no BTC transfer fees? When you transfer BTC you pay a BTC transfer fee. Sometimes upward of $25 USD! Can you set a threshold of say 0.1 BTC before transferring to your wallet? IF so how?

From what I understand from pool transaction, if they do all the payment at the same time, the cost of the transaction is divided among every miner and it become a little individual fee. If it would be "on demand" payment you would pay the normal fee.

Taken from ma790 on reddit:
"""An on-demand withdrawal with 1 input and 1 output has a size of approximately 192 bytes using current fees of 584 satoshis/byte that would require paying ~14.46 USD in fees for this transaction. On the other hand, a transaction with 1 input and 1000 output (meaning paying 1000 miner in on transaction) have a size of approximately ~34158 bytes and using the same fees of 584 satoshis/byte gives approximate fees to be paid ~2573.33 USD. Dividing this number by 1000 to find how much every miner has to pay is around 2.57 USD which is no big deal at all. If you used another coin, you will pay withdrawal fees and you will pay exchange fees and you will pay withdrawal fees again from the exchange so it is really not worth it at all."""

So I presume this fee is paid by ahashpool and it must be taken in there calculation on how many btc to give you at the start so you pay for it but its hidden and little.
More miner at payout =  less fee

If I mine 0.008 BTC, they pay 0.008 BTC and I receive 0.008 BTC on my wallet, there is no fee at the transaction.
But they chose the payout time (each 24h) so my balance could go up to 0.011 BTC before their payout, they would pay 0.011 BTC and I would receive 0.011 BTC (no fee)
and there doesn't seem to have big delay with the transaction, I only got 2 payout from them but both time I got my BTC in my wallet less than 10 minute after.

"From what I understand from pool transaction, if they do all the payment at the same time, the cost of the transaction is divided among every miner and it become a little individual fee. If it would be "on demand" payment you would pay the normal fee."

Now that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!
Activity: 10
January 13, 2018, 04:41:41 AM

Alexminer give me the best result

To help chose, you can go to Zpool.ca
Chose the scrypt you want on the right and then chose miner at the top.

You will see what everyone use for the scrypt, so the one the most people use should technically be the best for it.
Activity: 10
January 13, 2018, 04:29:34 AM

How are there no BTC transfer fees? When you transfer BTC you pay a BTC transfer fee. Sometimes upward of $25 USD! Can you set a threshold of say 0.1 BTC before transferring to your wallet? IF so how?

From what I understand from pool transaction, if they do all the payment at the same time, the cost of the transaction is divided among every miner and it become a little individual fee. If it would be "on demand" payment you would pay the normal fee.

Taken from ma790 on reddit:
"""An on-demand withdrawal with 1 input and 1 output has a size of approximately 192 bytes using current fees of 584 satoshis/byte that would require paying ~14.46 USD in fees for this transaction. On the other hand, a transaction with 1 input and 1000 output (meaning paying 1000 miner in on transaction) have a size of approximately ~34158 bytes and using the same fees of 584 satoshis/byte gives approximate fees to be paid ~2573.33 USD. Dividing this number by 1000 to find how much every miner has to pay is around 2.57 USD which is no big deal at all. If you used another coin, you will pay withdrawal fees and you will pay exchange fees and you will pay withdrawal fees again from the exchange so it is really not worth it at all."""

So I presume this fee is paid by ahashpool and it must be taken in there calculation on how many btc to give you at the start so you pay for it but its hidden and little.
More miner at payout =  less fee

If I mine 0.008 BTC, they pay 0.008 BTC and I receive 0.008 BTC on my wallet, there is no fee at the transaction.
But they chose the payout time (each 24h) so my balance could go up to 0.011 BTC before their payout, they would pay 0.011 BTC and I would receive 0.011 BTC (no fee)
and there doesn't seem to have big delay with the transaction, I only got 2 payout from them but both time I got my BTC in my wallet less than 10 minute after.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 12:36:11 AM
2 *d0n4ald* and *Moondoggie* What do you guys currently mine?

Nist / x17 on ahashpool atm

ahashpool looks pretty decent for the 1080Ti. Big problem though the BTC transfer fees every time they transfer to your wallet @ 0.08BTC. How is this in any way profitable?

There are no fees. You get what you got. Just .008 BTC minimum is it.

maybe ahashpool pay the fee?
Activity: 29
January 13, 2018, 12:22:37 AM

ahashpool looks pretty decent for the 1080Ti. Big problem though the BTC transfer fees every time they transfer to your wallet @ 0.08BTC. How is this in any way profitable?

Activity: 21
January 12, 2018, 10:54:39 PM

Activity: 49
January 12, 2018, 10:23:06 PM
Pages:
Jump to: