Pages:
Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 91. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 04, 2018, 03:31:13 PM
I am new to mining. I own a ASUS Strix 1080Ti which I want to give a try for mining. I searched this forum for what to mine and I found most recent recommendations about zcash. On other side I also checked on nicehash for hassle free mining.
What do you guys suggest?

I'd suggest Verge or ZCoin (not ZCash). Or general Lyra2v2v or neoscrypt mining on something like Hashrefinery. Make sure you download the correct miners and tweak your card for the best power to hash ratio for the specific algo you are mining.
Thanks for the advice. I recently tried ccminer 1.8.3 mod4 version. Do You suggest any other miner?I prefer a GUI one until I get to understand all command line versions.

I saw this on Reddit, should help you pick the right miner for which algo (he tested with 1080ti). https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/7nr8hd/which_miner_should_i_use_a_handy_guide/
Another way to check which miner works best per algo is to look at the bench tab on zpool.ca. Filter by algo, then by GPU and sort by decreasing hashrate. Voilà! Smiley
Thanks! I learned a lot from 5 posts which were made in reply to my query. For now i found that nist5 and lyra2v2 is currently most profitable. correct me if i m wrong.
Activity: 55
January 04, 2018, 03:27:37 PM
Apologies in advance since I imagine this has been covered before.  Basic simple question.

What temp range is safe to run the 1080ti at long term without seriously degrading the longevity of the GPU?

Got my e-bill today and it wasn't as bad as expected.  So am going to push TDP up and get more hash - while also getting more heat.
It's a difficult question to answer. I suggest you watch Gamers Nexus latest Q&A video on youtube, he addresses this point specifically. The general understanding is, as long as your card is not temp throttling, you should be fine. What's most likely to pop are capacitors. They are rated between 5000 and 10000 hours usually.
[/b]

It can not be true. Otherwise most of us will get new 1080ti cards in one or two years before the warranty expires.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
January 04, 2018, 03:05:45 PM
I am new to mining. I own a ASUS Strix 1080Ti which I want to give a try for mining. I searched this forum for what to mine and I found most recent recommendations about zcash. On other side I also checked on nicehash for hassle free mining.

I'd suggest Verge or ZCoin (not ZCash). Or general Lyra2v2v or neoscrypt mining on something like Hashrefinery. Make sure you download the correct miners and tweak your card for the best power to hash ratio for the specific algo you are mining.
Thanks for the advice. I recently tried ccminer 1.8.3 mod4 version. Do You suggest any other miner?I prefer a GUI one until I get to understand all command line versions.

I saw this on Reddit, should help you pick the right miner for which algo (he tested with 1080ti). https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/7nr8hd/which_miner_should_i_use_a_handy_guide/
Another way to check which miner works best per algo is to look at the bench tab on zpool.ca. Filter by algo, then by GPU and sort by decreasing hashrate. Voilà! Smiley
Activity: 161
Merit: 1
January 04, 2018, 02:14:21 PM
I'll put my little piece in here since everyone's doing it.

I've mined with Yiimp's DGB Skein algo, and at full TDP, stock settings I get averaged 1057Mh/s, If I undervolted the card to about 44% TDP(124W) I'd average 850-920Mh/s with -504 on the memory and +150 on the core.

The card I'm using is the EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti as seen here - https://i.imgur.com/4Hehs2Y.jpg

I've decided that mining skein wasn't profitable for me so I'm mainly mining ZClassic, ZCash, and GroestlCoin.(Averaging $10-$15 per day depending on coin value)

Are you, or anyone, running the EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080 Ti on a 1 x riser?   I had one awhile back and remember having trouble with it, but it might have been my mobo at that time.  Also curious about settings for mining...Currently running all my EVGA SC/SC2's at 85% TDP +80 core +100 mem...running very well.

Activity: 66
January 04, 2018, 11:43:37 AM

January 04, 2018, 11:37:52 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

Activity: 120
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 11:07:49 AM
It's a difficult question to answer. I suggest you watch Gamers Nexus latest Q&A video on youtube, he addresses this point specifically. The general understanding is, as long as your card is not temp throttling, you should be fine. What's most likely to pop are capacitors. They are rated between 5000 and 10000 hours usually.
That's like 200-400 days? Scary... Even though there are plenty of ~5 year old HD79xx/R9 28x, that are still mining now.

amit_talkin
Out of these two I'd prefer nicehash. Profit is higher there.
January 04, 2018, 10:59:37 AM
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
January 04, 2018, 10:32:29 AM
What pool are you using for Verge (Lyra2rev2)?

And what clocks are you using for nist5 algo?

You should look into x17 if you want to mine Verge. For the nist5 algo I use same clocks as for Equihash - it pulls slightly less electricity and the cards are not heating up that much.
Activity: 287
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 10:26:34 AM
Any one mining solaris? Where and how is the income?

Also where do you mine Bulwark? Any one have info about recent profit for a 1080ti?

check whattomine on BWK

and yes, solaris very profitable these days, check their ANN
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/solaris-xlr100-pos-masternodes-zerocointxbitio-in-development-1831629
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
January 04, 2018, 10:15:06 AM
Apologies in advance since I imagine this has been covered before.  Basic simple question.

What temp range is safe to run the 1080ti at long term without seriously degrading the longevity of the GPU?

Got my e-bill today and it wasn't as bad as expected.  So am going to push TDP up and get more hash - while also getting more heat.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Any one mining solaris? Where and how is the income?

Also where do you mine Bulwark? Any one have info about recent profit for a 1080ti?
Activity: 294
Merit: 16
January 04, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Apologies in advance since I imagine this has been covered before.  Basic simple question.

Got my e-bill today and it wasn't as bad as expected.  So am going to push TDP up and get more hash - while also getting more heat.
Activity: 200
Merit: 12
January 04, 2018, 05:16:40 AM
What pool are you using for Verge (Lyra2rev2)?

And what clocks are you using for nist5 algo?
Activity: 546
Merit: 254
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
January 04, 2018, 12:54:34 AM
has anyone tried egpus with thunderbolt connection?
i think about buying one just to see it roi Cheesy
Activity: 51
January 04, 2018, 12:11:31 AM
What is everyone mining using the NIST5 algo?  Nicehash is paying me ~10USD/ 1080TI mining NIST5...

Bulwark (BWK)
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
January 03, 2018, 11:42:04 PM
I'd rather will agree with post - take the one you can find with a best of possible price!
cause now the shortage really hard and they prices are skyrocketing(
I remember times, when those asus strix were just about $720 - and now they are about  $800 and this is a good price for the moment ))
Activity: 133
January 03, 2018, 11:25:51 PM
Asus fans are crap, choose evga or msi only.

you cant be serious. I would pay more for any Asus/EVGA or Gigabyte just to not have MSI cards...

Msi gaming has ball bearing fans and runs cool. The armor is not  ball bearing and runs a bit hotter. Msi is great if you get the ball bearing

totally agree
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
January 03, 2018, 10:56:06 PM
Asus fans are crap, choose evga or msi only.

you cant be serious. I would pay more for any Asus/EVGA or Gigabyte just to not have MSI cards...

Msi gaming has ball bearing fans and runs cool. The armor is not  ball bearing and runs a bit hotter. Msi is great if you get the ball bearing
Pages:
Jump to: