Pages:
Author

Topic: $1100 to $750 is significant - page 4. (Read 7830 times)

Activity: 845
Merit: 267
January 22, 2017, 12:05:24 PM
+ $100 in a week and holding, impressive. The Trump effect ?  Still not sure on that but he definitely had an effect on the stock market hitting new highs across the board   Shocked
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
January 21, 2017, 02:33:07 AM
I missed the price updates before the Christmas day ends until January 12 and I was shocked seeing that the value has been already decreased. It's okay at least I still have my coins in my wallet, I am hoping that this continues falling down will change to increasing again.
I think it's really hard for bitcoin to restore its price until $1100 again or even surpasses it, as someone said that bitcoin price when it just reached $1100 is overbought and will eventually finding its stable point when people have made a decision to sell their bitcoin massly and it's proven to be happened and the price was decreasing in just short amount of time.

It will take some time probably months, and yes it was a bubble as other say it.  The rapid increase in price of Bitcoin this past Christmas to New Year created a minor bubble then resulting in rapid decline in price in the next week.  At least Bitcoin is stable now at $790 - $830, I was worried that it might go down to sub $600 when the continue fall of Bitcoin from $1000+ to sub $800 happen.
It's just simply annoying when the correction after skyrocketing way too deep
We should stay at least in $850 after hitting the $1150 or so
And keep growing after , unfortunately the fact recently it shows how the price could possible down deeper
Everyone worry about it no doubt, so panic selling will still happened.
I think panic selling have passed couple days ago. Bitcoin seems going to rise and as I see it's price doesn't going under 800$ for some days. And I hope bitcoin will continue to add dollars to it's price day by day.
It's just paused , once china market gone wild the panic selling will continue
It's always be like that , chinese try to conquer bitcoin world by its power of big player
I wish the panic selling really ended , but the fact that cina market like huobi keep dumped
It' indicated that they still in the game , don't know what they want , one thing for sure it's all about money.

A huge amount of US dollars was lost and transferred out of CHina due to money laundering and it has negative impacts on Chinas Economy. Selling bitcoins in exchange for dollars will replenish their reserve and will stabilize their economy. CHina is very smart to get a huge volume of bitcoin and they will manipulate bitcoins price since they have the power to do that.
But i don't think it will make the bitcoin market affected too much
A down price might happened temporarily but  not for long time that can break everyone lives
Just don't be too optimistic about this you may can get hurt expecting something nothing.
Very true. Todays bitcoin prices are showing recovery from dropped price of $750.  In fact from that point, market has shown uppish trend so far.  It would be real interesting to observe effect of Trump becoming President of America.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
January 19, 2017, 07:00:53 PM
I missed the price updates before the Christmas day ends until January 12 and I was shocked seeing that the value has been already decreased. It's okay at least I still have my coins in my wallet, I am hoping that this continues falling down will change to increasing again.
I think it's really hard for bitcoin to restore its price until $1100 again or even surpasses it, as someone said that bitcoin price when it just reached $1100 is overbought and will eventually finding its stable point when people have made a decision to sell their bitcoin massly and it's proven to be happened and the price was decreasing in just short amount of time.

It will take some time probably months, and yes it was a bubble as other say it.  The rapid increase in price of Bitcoin this past Christmas to New Year created a minor bubble then resulting in rapid decline in price in the next week.  At least Bitcoin is stable now at $790 - $830, I was worried that it might go down to sub $600 when the continue fall of Bitcoin from $1000+ to sub $800 happen.
And keep growing after , unfortunately the fact recently it shows how the price could possible down deeper
I think panic selling have passed couple days ago. Bitcoin seems going to rise and as I see it's price doesn't going under 800$ for some days. And I hope bitcoin will continue to add dollars to it's price day by day.
It's always be like that , chinese try to conquer bitcoin world by its power of big player
I wish the panic selling really ended , but the fact that cina market like huobi keep dumped
It' indicated that they still in the game , don't know what they want , one thing for sure it's all about money.

A huge amount of US dollars was lost and transferred out of CHina due to money laundering and it has negative impacts on Chinas Economy. Selling bitcoins in exchange for dollars will replenish their reserve and will stabilize their economy. CHina is very smart to get a huge volume of bitcoin and they will manipulate bitcoins price since they have the power to do that.
But i don't think it will make the bitcoin market affected too much
A down price might happened temporarily but  not for long time that can break everyone lives
Just don't be too optimistic about this you may can get hurt expecting something nothing.
January 19, 2017, 06:11:21 PM
In a price range such as this I was curious how most of you hold/trade your asset. Such as just hold and never sell, position trade based on price and or swap currencies through an exchange for another and or cash out.
Well I'm holding since the bitfinex crash even if i se it now I'm still in a profit but bitcoin is way more worth than 900$ i guess i probably only sell it when i need money in an emergency or maybe after 5-10 years but selling my bitcoins by this year will not happen for sure

Very good, its like a savings for you. This year has all the signs of becoming the best year yet for BTC in many areas which translate to a price increase. We all have our goals what we are willing to take at a future date mostly related to our age.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 19, 2017, 04:43:01 PM
In a price range such as this I was curious how most of you hold/trade your asset. Such as just hold and never sell, position trade based on price and or swap currencies through an exchange for another and or cash out.
Well I'm holding since the bitfinex crash even if i se it now I'm still in a profit but bitcoin is way more worth than 900$ i guess i probably only sell it when i need money in an emergency or maybe after 5-10 years but selling my bitcoins by this year will not happen for sure
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
January 19, 2017, 08:52:26 AM
1100 $ is a big financial bubble.
if you are talking about bitcoin then it is not a bubble, in fact that price is still considered a very cheap price for bitcoin, it is bitcoin at a huge discount. but the fact that it was reached nearly overnight made it look like a bubble and then came the drop.

Every day is issued bitcoins to the amount of 1.5 million dollars. Who would redeemed such amount? I think that no one.
you need to go to speculation board, and then click on one of the old pages. one of those number on top indicating page look at page 250-300 and you can see other people saying the same. but they are saying nobody will pay $20 for bitcoin. and today we laugh at those people.
so don't become a laughing joke of tomorrow Cheesy

Also, there some interesting theory, that chineese miners hadn't sold their bitcoins then price grew. And after this fact, it's very good that price doesn't goes down to the 500-600.
that is not a theory it is bullshit FUD. miners are selling their coins, because they have bills to pay. you know mining is neither free nor cheap and they are mostly "pools" which means they have other people who connect to their pool and have to pay them too.

besides you can easily check their wallets, it is publicly available to anybody who is not lazy.
and remember that coinbase transaction can only be spend when it reaches 100 maturity. (100 block deep)
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1845
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
January 19, 2017, 08:35:31 AM
1100 $ is a big financial bubble. Every day is issued bitcoins to the amount of 1.5 million dollars. Who would redeemed such amount? I think that no one. Also, there some interesting theory, that chineese miners hadn't sold their bitcoins then price grew. And after this fact, it's very good that price doesn't goes down to the 500-600. in my opinion, that mean the fact that bitcoin bubble doesn't over)
Now we already have 866 dollars per BTC
Lol, sorry. 891 per 1 btc)
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
January 19, 2017, 08:28:03 AM

January 18, 2017, 09:18:05 PM
This is something called investment strategy. Everyone has different from the other. It makes one a successful investor while other a not.
Everyone will has different opinion towards this question. I believe there is no good to sell or exchange for other currencies seeing little increase in value. Such panic selling depreciate the value of Bitcoin again. Hold your investment as long as you can.
"Warren Buffett is holding his shares from 1964, now he is 3rd most richest person on Earth, don't know about space".  Grin

yep, have to say i haven't sold any although I used some to purchase collectibles here as it was the only acceptable currency. Been buying under 900 and will most likely continue up to $1,000 in 2017

Also bought in 2016 loaded physical coins when BTC was under $600 as a duel long term investment   

good points but selling is not a bad thing necessarily. why you sell/spend the coins is more important.

for example selling when you feel like there is a bubble that is about to pop is a good idea, but as long as you are not doing it as a panic but as a well planned strategy. and then buy back when it is over and price is low enough.

or for example if you need the money that you invested to buy something. for instance i bought many coins when price was $220 and then again when it was $430 and i sold a little bit around $1000 because i needed some money. but in general i am buying bitcoin every week that i have money lying around.

I agree, but I guess people are buying in a purpose of taking a profit from the fluctuation of Bitcoin.  They want to take advantage of it but sadly most new comers were there because of hype ending up buying at the peak of the bubble and left with bitcoin when the bubble burst declining in price.  Being new to the scene they then panic sell with a lost.  They should hold their BTC and have wait till BTC recovered and uptrend in price.

not just the average Joe but there are Fund Managers buying and selling BTC now. They started coming in last year and will increase this year. Right now they can cause some volatility but as the market expands this will decrease.   
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
January 18, 2017, 03:21:56 PM

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
January 18, 2017, 12:11:52 PM
This is something called investment strategy. Everyone has different from the other. It makes one a successful investor while other a not.
Everyone will has different opinion towards this question. I believe there is no good to sell or exchange for other currencies seeing little increase in value. Such panic selling depreciate the value of Bitcoin again. Hold your investment as long as you can.
"Warren Buffett is holding his shares from 1964, now he is 3rd most richest person on Earth, don't know about space".  Grin

yep, have to say i haven't sold any although I used some to purchase collectibles here as it was the only acceptable currency. Been buying under 900 and will most likely continue up to $1,000 in 2017

Also bought in 2016 loaded physical coins when BTC was under $600 as a duel long term investment   

good points but selling is not a bad thing necessarily. why you sell/spend the coins is more important.

for example selling when you feel like there is a bubble that is about to pop is a good idea, but as long as you are not doing it as a panic but as a well planned strategy. and then buy back when it is over and price is low enough.

or for example if you need the money that you invested to buy something. for instance i bought many coins when price was $220 and then again when it was $430 and i sold a little bit around $1000 because i needed some money. but in general i am buying bitcoin every week that i have money lying around.

I agree, but I guess people are buying in a purpose of taking a profit from the fluctuation of Bitcoin.  They want to take advantage of it but sadly most new comers were there because of hype ending up buying at the peak of the bubble and left with bitcoin when the bubble burst declining in price.  Being new to the scene they then panic sell with a lost.  They should hold their BTC and have wait till BTC recovered and uptrend in price.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
January 18, 2017, 09:39:46 AM

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
January 18, 2017, 09:21:18 AM

The investors who focuses more on long term investment will most likely be the successful, the price will go crazy like the pump and dump game but there is one thing that would make our mind stable, we just have to trust the future of bitcoin and along with our trust we put as much as we can.
January 18, 2017, 07:52:49 AM

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728
January 18, 2017, 07:37:14 AM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
January 18, 2017, 05:57:47 AM
We might end up testing $220... Planning on buying a min of 3 BTC at $250 usd.
Congrats for having a big dream,now it is time to wake up since the price is recovering and has crossed $900 and around that range.The price will recover and cross $1000 in a couple of months and i know the price can jump anytime now since even today the price of Bitcoin is Up Over $50.
bitcoin prices back up towards $ 900. who previously dropped out of the price of $ 850. I think this is a positive thing for bitcoin, I see the volume back up. and very likely after this the price will rise as much in demand in the market bitcoin
I regret having sold 1.5 BTC at the price $780, that time I think that prices will continue to fall. And now the prices look stable in $900, nevertheless, I still get a good thing, because the time of the purchase price is $720 in October last year.
I think it can not regret, everyone should be ready with all the possibilities that exist, bitcoin fluctuate and you should know it. if you want a higher price you have to be prepared to be patient for a long time
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1352
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
January 18, 2017, 05:08:50 AM
$900 boys !   Bitcoin Exchange Coinbase Receives New York BitLicense

Great! So this is an example of good news from the United States neutralizing the bad news from China? That should be the case, ideally. After all, the trade volumes from China are always inflated (due to zero fees).
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
January 18, 2017, 04:45:43 AM
Congrats for having a big dream,now it is time to wake up since the price is recovering and has crossed $900 and around that range.The price will recover and cross $1000 in a couple of months and i know the price can jump anytime now since even today the price of Bitcoin is Up Over $50.
bitcoin prices back up towards $ 900. who previously dropped out of the price of $ 850. I think this is a positive thing for bitcoin, I see the volume back up. and very likely after this the price will rise as much in demand in the market bitcoin
I regret having sold 1.5 BTC at the price $780, that time I think that prices will continue to fall. And now the prices look stable in $900, nevertheless, I still get a good thing, because the time of the purchase price is $720 in October last year.
Seeing on the situation you are still on profits but only on small amount only but its better rather than on having negative profits.You just made the right decision though but it still a little bit late because bitcoin price rose $1100 which is the best time to sell off their bitcoin.Yes,we are now heading up again on higher prices.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 18, 2017, 04:25:18 AM

Greed and fear are always getting in the way of profits

If you are a generic trader and don't know any insider information (e.g. what biggest mining pools are going to do next) or fail-safe opportunities for making sure profits (e.g. through arbitrage). your only chance to survive while still continuing trading is to become a positional trader of sorts by selling a little on the tops and buying a little on the dips. Otherwise, you will soon be fooled by the market into a rash decision through either fear or greed and your money will end up in someone else's pocket
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 18, 2017, 04:15:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: