Pages:
Author

Topic: $1100 to $750 is significant - page 8. (Read 7830 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 13, 2017, 12:37:40 AM
I hope btc price will not fall below $700. It mainly occured due to policies made by PBOC. They just wanted to save yuan price from falling. It created a dramatic change in price within 2 weeks. It is the best time to buy bitcoins who want to hold in long terms. Surely, its price would increase much higher in future due to its increase in demand as more people are getting familiar about bitcoins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 13, 2017, 12:32:11 AM
This decrease in fast and totally unexpected price! What are the reasons that led to the rapid decline in the price in your opinions?
Yes the decreased more than 27℅ only a week. I think this has related with the Chinese New Year, we all know that the largest users of bitcoin is from china, when they need a lot of money to celebrate the new year of course they would sell everything, including bitcoin.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 13, 2017, 12:08:30 AM
it was inevitable that the price of bitcoins would crash to such an extend but still selling them to an amount would be too foolish and i would recommend you to wait for another 5 to 7 years  ,the price will be too high and you will be happy to  sell them.
Activity: 434
January 12, 2017, 11:58:27 PM
Anyone who has been around for more than a few months can tell this was just a temporary setback.
Now that the gloom and doom is over, the price will stabilize and slowly go back up towards $1000.

Right now is probably a great time to invest in some extra coins if you can, actually.
I'll be putting any extra cash I have into Bitcoin until the winter is over. Hopefully by summer I'm rewarded for the savings/ investment I do during the cold months.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
January 12, 2017, 11:52:34 PM
This decrease in fast and totally unexpected price! What are the reasons that led to the rapid decline in the price in your opinions?
Its because of FUDsters. Spreading negative news that lead to panic selling of traders specially on China. Traders are very sensitive. They are buying negative than positive. Lately we saw a news came from China that they will going to investigate all btc exchange due to unbelievable volume that really affects the price. It cause massive panic to the traders that cause the price to drop down to $750+. I saw the chart and it look strange.

Unfortunately for us HODLing, traders are very speculative and sell/buy on a whim. Right now is the time that traders love because of the volatility up and down. $1100 to $750 is a huge drop, but we haven't had a bear market in so long that people around here forget that it's totally normal for this to happen. The price won't shoot up forever, sometimes it'll drop. I'm expecting it to go back up so I HODL.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
January 12, 2017, 09:16:17 PM
Its because of FUDsters. Spreading negative news that lead to panic selling of traders specially on China. Traders are very sensitive. They are buying negative than positive. Lately we saw a news came from China that they will going to investigate all btc exchange due to unbelievable volume that really affects the price. It cause massive panic to the traders that cause the price to drop down to $750+. I saw the chart and it look strange.
Activity: 812
January 12, 2017, 08:49:10 PM
In a price range such as this I was curious how most of you hold/trade your asset. Such as just hold and never sell, position trade based on price and or swap currencies through an exchange for another and or cash out.
This is only a common thing  that happens to bitcoin,when bitcoin starts to climb up the next thing that will happen is going down. Vice versa. The best thing to do when the price starts to drop is hold and never sell.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
January 12, 2017, 07:46:44 PM
I believe firmly that one day we'll see bitcoin past $10,000. I've had BTC since 2011, didn't sell after the 27 of November 2013 breaking point (+$1,000), and didn't sell on December/early January this year. I don't think I'll sell it in the next 10 years unless I really need it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 12, 2017, 07:45:15 PM
Haven't you heard the news? Decline was caused by Chinese Central Bank/Government which is trying to curb bitcoin trading to prevent Chinese citizens to transfer wealth outside the country.
Delegations from Central Bank are visiting major exchanges and forcing them to impose AML/KYC on their customers.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
January 12, 2017, 07:39:56 PM
The long term tendency remains. watch any weekly chart and you'll see how bitcoin price has increased steadily for the last 3 years.  these kind of movements are expected.
but nonetheless although you see the price rise in three years. decline in prices that occurred at this time really makes a lot of losers. I'm sure many users are panicked. due to rapid price declines
legendary
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
January 12, 2017, 07:14:51 PM
Activity: 60
January 12, 2017, 06:24:54 PM
We might end up testing $220... Planning on buying a min of 3 BTC at $250 usd.
I will agree with you that most here would do that and hold the shit out of that until they die of waiting for them to reach $1200 again.
Which won't happen in their live time. Maybe their grand kids but by that time bitcoin will not be around anymore. They will be living in a society that takes blood (infection free) or livers for what you owe for your house and what you live off of.

I think that we can wait on this price, I also think that we can reach it fast so I stay just patient right now.
Activity: 87
January 12, 2017, 05:22:58 PM
The long term tendency remains. watch any weekly chart and you'll see how bitcoin price has increased steadily for the last 3 years.  these kind of movements are expected.

Indeed but most likely it will go soon or later to a higher price, we just need some patience for it right now.
Activity: 448
Americans do it better
January 12, 2017, 01:29:55 PM
We might end up testing $220... Planning on buying a min of 3 BTC at $250 usd.
I will agree with you that most here would do that and hold the shit out of that until they die of waiting for them to reach $1200 again.
Which won't happen in their live time. Maybe their grand kids but by that time bitcoin will not be around anymore. They will be living in a society that takes blood (infection free) or livers for what you owe for your house and what you live off of.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
January 12, 2017, 01:26:57 PM
Exactly, the long term tendency is steady. Im sure it will go up.
Short problem delivered form china is nothing.
Keep hodl, keep calm.
Activity: 868
January 12, 2017, 01:25:26 PM
People are so close minded, just 2 weeks ago all they could see was the increase in price and now all they are seeing is the decreasing value. Think about it, a month ago $700 would have been a normal price to you and now it's $700 again and you are all sad that the value has dropped. If you're afraid then sell, I haven't sold mine at $500 and I won't do it at $700 it's much too early. The final price is going to be over $1000, you'll see.
Yes agree with you $700 is correct price for get in Bitcoin investment but there is still fear in peoples that price may drop more then they are expecting they generally think that Bitcoin is completely unpredictable.  
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
January 12, 2017, 01:24:07 PM
People are so close minded, just 2 weeks ago all they could see was the increase in price and now all they are seeing is the decreasing value. Think about it, a month ago $700 would have been a normal price to you and now it's $700 again and you are all sad that the value has dropped. If you're afraid then sell, I haven't sold mine at $500 and I won't do it at $700 it's much too early. The final price is going to be over $1000, you'll see.

Not only the Bitcoin price is volatile, but the moods of all these rookies here as well. One day they think the price will break through $2000, and the other day people think it will reach $400-$500 again. Current price is still fantastic. I have said a while ago that I was very happy with the price to remain above the $700 level, and I'm still supporting that thought. Everything above that number is seen as a bonus.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
January 12, 2017, 01:17:44 PM
Activity: 672
January 12, 2017, 12:52:24 PM
In a price range such as this I was curious how most of you hold/trade your asset. Such as just hold and never sell, position trade based on price and or swap currencies through an exchange for another and or cash out.

Sure the price has dropped quite too much than our expectation, but at the end of the day it had to happen, because we all know if something goes high too early it will come down earlier, but still i wont sell my coins at all right now, i believe we can cross the all time high again in this year, and until that happens i will keep earning and storing.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
January 12, 2017, 12:32:01 PM

If you know bitcoin must know even that is very capricious. So this movements of value are almost normal for it. Maybe not so deep change but we are near of the normal movements of it. As such, every bitcoiner, do that which needed to do: HODL.
Pages:
Jump to: