Pages:
Author

Topic: 1.2 BTC Tournament | Play for free! | 6 Winners | MooCoin RC1 - page 2. (Read 2405 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Do you moo?
Hey everyone,
Please don't bot the bot.  In other words, don't join the bots game with your scripts.  I'd like it to hang out there for people when they show up to play, rather than having them leave the site because there aren't any games.  Having games for people to play when they come to the site is critical for our success. 

Thanks,
MooCoin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Need any help ? Just PM me
We just introduced a new feature.  We now have a friendly bot on the site that will play games with you.  We decided to do this to make sure that you always had someone to play, even when traffic is low.  We want to make sure you know you're playing a bot, so we've tagged him:

He will always keep one hi-lo game open at .000001 btc.  If you don't see him, it's because he's already in a game.  Just give him a second and he'll create another one as soon as he's finished.  Also, he's not very good.  In fact, he's horrible.  It's just a proof of concept right now.  What do you guys think?  Should we have bots on the site to play when there aren't enough people?  If you like the idea, we'll make it provably fair, etc.

Thanks,
MooCoin
Make bot for rock, stone too please  Grin
Do you moo?
We just introduced a new feature.  We now have a friendly bot on the site that will play games with you.  We decided to do this to make sure that you always had someone to play, even when traffic is low.  We want to make sure you know you're playing a bot, so we've tagged him:

He will always keep one hi-lo game open at .000001 btc.  If you don't see him, it's because he's already in a game.  Just give him a second and he'll create another one as soon as he's finished.  Also, he's not very good.  In fact, he's horrible.  It's just a proof of concept right now.  What do you guys think?  Should we have bots on the site to play when there aren't enough people?  If you like the idea, we'll make it provably fair, etc.

Thanks,
MooCoin
Do you moo?
You are 100% correct.

If you crash the server because your bot went crazy, I will be extremely happy.
If you drain the faucet because you find a way to exploit the limits and captcha, I'll be thrilled.
If you double up bets with bots and make a 1,000 btc wager, then withdrawal it, I'll be ecstatic.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
This seems like fun, and I'd def play it for real btc, but this testing situation seems like it's populated by people just playing against themselves (or in groups where one person always wins and the other always loses).  In these games, it's impossible to have a win streak in the hundreds, or a w:l ratio over around 60%, yet someone has a 680 game win streak with a win streak of 99%.  The same applies to most won, and to a lesser degree longest losing streak (although technically that one could be obtained fairly by just intentionally losing every game with no collusion). 

You're absolutely correct.
Part of the purpose of this tournament was to allow (or incent) abnormal behavior so we can build a profile of it.  That will help us identify cheating, bots, and collusion when the site goes live on the 24th.
For now, see which of the leaderboards you can hack your way to the top of.  I think the referral board is ripe to be taken over!

Thanks,
MooCoin

Ok, sounds good.

Just so I understand you correctly, it's acceptable to create multiple accounts for the sole purpose of manipulating the leaderboard to win some of the .2 btc awards you are giving out in a week?  If that's the goal, I'll def participate and help you stress test it, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly before I devote the time to doing that.
Do you moo?
This seems like fun, and I'd def play it for real btc, but this testing situation seems like it's populated by people just playing against themselves (or in groups where one person always wins and the other always loses).  In these games, it's impossible to have a win streak in the hundreds, or a w:l ratio over around 60%, yet someone has a 680 game win streak with a win streak of 99%.  The same applies to most won, and to a lesser degree longest losing streak (although technically that one could be obtained fairly by just intentionally losing every game with no collusion). 

You're absolutely correct.
Part of the purpose of this tournament was to allow (or incent) abnormal behavior so we can build a profile of it.  That will help us identify cheating, bots, and collusion when the site goes live on the 24th.
For now, see which of the leaderboards you can hack your way to the top of.  I think the referral board is ripe to be taken over!

Thanks,
MooCoin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
Do you moo?
Hey all!

Only 6 days left in the tournament.  Come to MooCoin for your chance to win 1.2 BTC

Do you moo?
We're going to take the server down for about 5 minutes to do an upgrade that can't be done with our normal zero-downtime procedure.  Please stand by!

Thanks,
MooCoin

All set.  Game on!
Do you moo?
We're going to take the server down for about 5 minutes to do an upgrade that can't be done with our normal zero-downtime procedure.  Please stand by!

Thanks,
MooCoin
Do you moo?
Can explain more about Test net coin ? At mooCoin show bitcoin address and bitcoin balance. I'am a bit confused

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet

The balance and address you see are on the bitcoin TestNet.  We use testnet as a way to test our software without exposing our users to the risk of something going wrong with their real money.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Can explain more about Test net coin ? At mooCoin show bitcoin address and bitcoin balance. I'am a bit confused

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Testnet
Do you moo?
Hi, I like the concept of this site but can you make private game that only can be play by inviting people ? Because it more fun and make easy for me play with my friends that live far away.

Definitely!  Look for this and in-game chat in the future.
Hi, I like the concept of this site but can you make private game that only can be play by inviting people ? Because it more fun and make easy for me play with my friends that live far away.
Do you moo?
The sticky game issue has been resolved.  If you guys see this happen again, please let us know.  We've also put a monitor on the logs for this, as well.

Thanks for your patience!
MooCoin
Do you moo?
I'm getting some 502 errors.  Or I make a move and then it acts like I didn't make a move and my opponent and I apparently get stuck and no one can move and it turns into a draw.  I'm surprised you're offering so much BTC reward for a program that has some major bugs.

Sorry you're experiencing problems.  I'll have someone take a look right now.  If you can, please send your public account ID to [email protected] to help us out.  You can find your public account ID by pressing the help button at the top of the screen.

For what it's worth, we've run tens of thousands of games through the system with people, and millions with automated scripts, largely without issue.  Sometimes these things only come out in a production system with real people playing.  That's exactly why we're putting up 1.2 btc of our own money.  It's also why we're running the system on TestNet until we're confident that we can responsibly handle people's deposits on the MainNet.

Thanks for the feedback!
MooCoin

After looking at the logs, we found a situation where some games can get stuck and don't finish.  The server still thinks the game is active and future moves in other games break.

We've reset the stuck games and are looking for the root cause of the issue.  Once we've tested it, we'll deploy the fix.

Thanks!
MooCoin
Do you moo?
I'm getting some 502 errors.  Or I make a move and then it acts like I didn't make a move and my opponent and I apparently get stuck and no one can move and it turns into a draw.  I'm surprised you're offering so much BTC reward for a program that has some major bugs.

Sorry you're experiencing problems.  I'll have someone take a look right now.  If you can, please send your public account ID to [email protected] to help us out.  You can find your public account ID by pressing the help button at the top of the screen.

For what it's worth, we've run tens of thousands of games through the system with people, and millions with automated scripts, largely without issue.  Sometimes these things only come out in a production system with real people playing.  That's exactly why we're putting up 1.2 btc of our own money.  It's also why we're running the system on TestNet until we're confident that we can responsibly handle people's deposits on the MainNet.

Thanks for the feedback!
MooCoin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
Nice game concept. There are very less games more are better.

Add more stats
Pages:
Jump to: