Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 138. (Read 499597 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
After Hack Now User 5tift
It´s a joke, or Huh

Private    165333  15:31:29   2012-02-04    05:16:01    1802362    27.08%   Invalid    12399    0    0.00000000

I´m waiting for the 3rd invalid block this day....
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
My 5% donation time is still running! Hope other will do so too, at least for a few days!

Greetz
NetworkerZ
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
There is a 10% fee..

You could at least add the whole details. The fee is for cashing out Unconfirmed BTC, and when there is the possibility that a recent block is invalid, i can only consider that fee fair (otherwise the pool would have to pay for the missing BTC).

Why not just wait until everything is confirmed?

Also, i am taking the chance to thank Inaba for all the features that make EMC great.

I am donating a tiny % of my measly 240Mh/s, and hope everyone considers donating something as well.
Every bit helps, i guess...

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
That particular bitcoind maintains about 80 - 100 connections at any given time. I guess I could try to track down the public ups of the other pools bitcoind and explictly specify them.

I will try to do that tomorrow.

As far as hip 16/17 goes I will make an announcement with regards to that tomorrow that should satisfy everyone.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is there something we can do about invalids?  I know some time ago BTCGuild had a lot of invalids and they were able to lower them significantly somehow.  I know before these last few we were better than average, but I don't know if luck and averages really have to apply to invalids.  For instance, I'm wondering if members couldn't make sure their bitcoin client peers with the pool's bitcoind in order to help propogate the pool's blocks faster.
It's the time from the pool accepting the share to the bitcoind submitting it to the network
 (and of course how well connected bitcoind is to the network)
If that's got ANY delays in it, those delays of course increase the chance of an invalid/orphan.
Reducing those delays reduces the chance of getting an invalid/orphan.
So, isn't there a way to tell the client to peer with certain addresses, and wouldn't this make the bitcoind on the pool server better connected to the network?  Then, assuming the backend is as tuned as it could be, wouldn't this help?  OTOH, maybe telling people the address of the bitcoind server would be a bad plan because it would allow for targeted attacks, and maybe too many peers would increase latency instead of speeding up propogation.  I'm just thinking aloud, that's all I was doing in my previous post.  Putting it out there for Inaba to consider, although, if I'm wrong, I don't mind being told.
Yeah that's why I put it in brackets - coz it was what you said (and the risk you mention)

It could certainly help if everyone did - but the risk ... I guess if the bitcoind didn't actually contain the wallet - but simply posted the blocks it would only be a ddos risk - and then that's not really an issue coz you could move it pretty quickly if the pool is easy to redirect to a different bitcoind ... hmm and if you modified bitcoind to ignore requests that didn't alienate it on the network then having lots of connections might be OK ... OK I'm thinking out loud now ... I better stop rambling Smiley
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Is there something we can do about invalids?  I know some time ago BTCGuild had a lot of invalids and they were able to lower them significantly somehow.  I know before these last few we were better than average, but I don't know if luck and averages really have to apply to invalids.  For instance, I'm wondering if members couldn't make sure their bitcoin client peers with the pool's bitcoind in order to help propogate the pool's blocks faster.

I asked earlier if it would benefit anything (as in cut down stale shares, duplicates, etc. and perhaps even invalids) if the pool set up a VPN for the dedicated miners (possibly filtered so it's not abused), and possible with existing hardware without impacting the already running software performance. I don't really know enough, perhaps someone else does?
donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Is there another pro BIP 17 pool out there?
At least pool.itzod.ru, and you can use BIP 17-patched bitcoind with p2pool. I think EclipseMC might support BIP 17 as well, but I'm not sure if they have the patch deployed live yet.

Inaba?
Activity: 807
Is there something we can do about invalids?  I know some time ago BTCGuild had a lot of invalids and they were able to lower them significantly somehow.  I know before these last few we were better than average, but I don't know if luck and averages really have to apply to invalids.  For instance, I'm wondering if members couldn't make sure their bitcoin client peers with the pool's bitcoind in order to help propogate the pool's blocks faster.
It's the time from the pool accepting the share to the bitcoind submitting it to the network
If that's got ANY delays in it, those delays of course increase the chance of an invalid/orphan.
So, isn't there a way to tell the client to peer with certain addresses, and wouldn't this make the bitcoind on the pool server better connected to the network?  Then, assuming the backend is as tuned as it could be, wouldn't this help?  OTOH, maybe telling people the address of the bitcoind server would be a bad plan because it would allow for targeted attacks, and maybe too many peers would increase latency instead of speeding up propogation.  I'm just thinking aloud, that's all I was doing in my previous post.  Putting it out there for Inaba to consider, although, if I'm wrong, I don't mind being told.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Activity: 807
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
stupid invalids , that was an awesome round too..
Oh well, get ready for another 10hr+ block soon ROFL! ACK!
legendary
Activity: 1442
I spoke too soon, another invalid block Sad
legendary
Activity: 1442
7 minutes every block would be better Grin
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
wow look at that 7min round =)
Activity: 245
After Hack Now User 5tift
The luck is with us now  Cheesy
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Yes, you would earn less but more frequent!

Greetz
NetworkerZ
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
You won't earn more, if the pool has more power!

Greetz
NetworkerZ

I know!! But, we will find blocks more frequently...  That's my problem... Sometimes, it takes 19 Hours to find a single block!! This is too bad... More power will mitigate this kind of situation... Don't you think?!
Activity: 270
I liked it when the pool had about 60 Ghs.  I would get about 0.30BTC when we got a block.
Now I get about 0.04BTC.  But we get more blocks so I'm not sure if it's better or worse.
Jump to: