Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 137. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
No, I mean the ability to assign different workers to different GPUs.  I think it's crazy to aggregate all GPUs into one worker.  Then you never know if a GPU is having issues.
Again ... I presume you don't mean the -d option ...
Pretty sure he doesn't mean the -d option.  If I am correct he is at least the fourth person to want to have multiple workers in one instance (as opposed to running multiple instances with -d).  Either some other software does that, or cgminer isn't "better enough" (not sure which).  Doesn't really affect me with my lowly one device.
Well yeah it's quite simple to do that and saying it can't is quite incorrect ...
Anyway, it makes no difference if you run multiple cgminers
(I'd even expect that if you are using windows and using the 'wrong' ATI drivers with the CPU bug you'd just set their affinity all to the same CPU and not lose anything from that either - no idea of course but anyone want to verify that who knows what they are talking about?)
And with the API (that I wrote Tongue) I'd expect that many people are now using some front end to monitor their mining with cgminer so running 1 or 5 of them would make no difference.

Lastly ... using a pool to decide if something is up with your mining seems a pretty bad hack IMO
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
No, I mean the ability to assign different workers to different GPUs.  I think it's crazy to aggregate all GPUs into one worker.  Then you never know if a GPU is having issues.
Pretty sure he doesn't mean the -d option.  If I am correct he is at least the fourth person to want to have multiple workers in one instance (as opposed to running multiple instances with -d).  Either some other software does that, or cgminer isn't "better enough" (not sure which).  Doesn't really affect me with my lowly one device.
legendary
No, I mean the ability to assign different workers to different GPUs.  I think it's crazy to aggregate all GPUs into one worker.  Then you never know if a GPU is having issues.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
You can do exactly the same with cgminer since it has the API feature:

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/r3v6r5vi/Bildschirmfoto20120205um09.07.29.png

You can watch every single GPU, it even gets highlighted in red if something is "out of range/limits" using the ANUBIS webinterface for it.

But back to the pool:
When will you do something against all these invalid blocks in the last time ?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Oh, whoops, I guess I misread that completely. 

What version of GUIMiner?  Its working with v2011-08-24 for me?

I had it with 20110824,

It seems to only happen when you stop/start, though you might want to double check to see that you are still sending shares just to be safe.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Oh, whoops, I guess I misread that completely. 

What version of GUIMiner?  Its working with v2011-08-24 for me?
Activity: 742
Today's problem is experienced with GUIminer/poclbm, not CGminer
legendary
legendary
cgminer
but the lack of ability to split GPUs by miner
?
I presume you don't mean the -d option ...
donator
Activity: 798
So what miner should I use to mine with a GPU (6950)?

I have 6 6950's using cgminer and eclipse.  No problems.  Check your config.
legendary
I use poclbm for the most part.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
So what miner should I use to mine with a GPU (6950)?
legendary
I was working on US3 just now. It should be back to normal.

Something is wrong with your CGminer or the configuration.  "Unexpected error" isn't very helpful.  One of the many reasons I dislike cgminer.  It would be great if it just did simple things properly, but the lack of ability to split GPUs by miner and errors like that just turn me off to it almost completely.
You know, all these invalids started happening after the P2SH thing.  I am making changes to the bitcoind daemons today, we'll see if that makes any difference, though I can't imagine what it could be other than bad luck.

mmbregman: What miner are you using and you say us2 and us3 are also giving you the same error?
I'm using GUIminer.. us3 is giving me  upstream RPC error, the rest just "Unexpected error"
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Another invalid? Sad

We were just starting to get on a roll with a reasonably quick blocks
legendary
It's possible and it's something I have been considering.  I will be looking into something like that in the next couple weeks.

Paypal payments should be working again, for those having issues.
omo
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
is it possible to use both DGM and PPS(with fees) payout scheme? just like deepbit
legendary
You know, all these invalids started happening after the P2SH thing.  I am making changes to the bitcoind daemons today, we'll see if that makes any difference, though I can't imagine what it could be other than bad luck.

mmbregman: What miner are you using and you say us2 and us3 are also giving you the same error?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
My Miners are wokring correctly! But 3 invalid Blocks on two days ...  Angry
2012-02-04 17:12:29: Listener for "Default": us.eclipsemc.com:8337 04/02/2012 17:12:29, Unexpected error:

Getting this for a while now, on every server I tried to log to..  Huh Huh
Jump to: