Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 151. (Read 499597 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'm having problems since a few days with a higher reject rate which you can have a look at here:

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/gh3silgj/Bildschirmfoto20120121um02.31.41.png

Out of curiosity, what management software are you using there? Looks pretty slick.
cgminer - with my API additions, then a front end on top of that Smiley

Edit: ah it's his front end: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anubis-a-cgminer-web-frontend-57342
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Ad astra.
I'm having problems since a few days with a higher reject rate which you can have a look at here:

Out of curiosity, what management software are you using there? Looks pretty slick.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Can you guys tell me how your rejected share counts compare to your stale counts on the My Workers page?  I think there may be something wrong with the way stales are being counted - as in they are being incremented even when no stale was received.

I'm showing a higher stale count since reset than for round, which should be impossible if the reset happens after the round starts, yet it seems to be happening and I can't quite figure out why.  I have a few suspicions though.

legendary
I just swtiched the pool back to the original bitcoind to see if that fixes the stales issue.  I'm not sure why it would have increased stales and perhaps it's unrelated, so I'll monitor it over the next 24 hours and see where we are at.

Coblee: Sure, I will see what I can do to get that in.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Nice pool. Good job. One request... can the my worker page show # of stales as a percentage in addition to the count?
legendary
There is now... just put it up last night.
legendary
Activity: 1666
There is a us2 server?  Might try that one as rejects are ~1%.

EDIT - see it is in the same location - traceroute is pretty good to it - 14 hops at <50 ms so woulda hoped for less rejects.
legendary
Yeah, it adds in a bunch of workers as if they are new, even though they aren't.  It should even out about 15 minutes after the restart
legendary
Activity: 1666
Is the restart part of the huge hash rate jump?  Showing close to 550GH/s
legendary
I just restarted that server with some debug options to look at rejects, you'll probably see a bunch of rejects just now.  So far, I am seeing no rejects other than those associated with a Long Poll.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
eu.eclipsemc.com (208.110.68.115) port 8337
legendary
Which server and ports are you on?
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
When was the last time you reset the reject count?  IE - what is your reject count on the current block?  

I had to futz with the servers quite a bit last night, which caused a lot of rejects and if your counts have not been reset since then, they will be way off.  In regards to that, everyone got the same number of rejects, so it won't affect your payout, as everyone will be operating under the same conditions.

I show about a 1.5 - 2% reject, though my submitted shares are a little low for accurate statistic for the current block on my miners. I can look at getting that down as my next step.

I am seeing about 4.4% rejects also.  Note, this is a moving 3 hour average (so does not include last nights futzing) and is calculated on my end (not based on the stats you are calculating on the web page).
legendary
/dev/null
legendary
When was the last time you reset the reject count?  IE - what is your reject count on the current block?  

I had to futz with the servers quite a bit last night, which caused a lot of rejects and if your counts have not been reset since then, they will be way off.  In regards to that, everyone got the same number of rejects, so it won't affect your payout, as everyone will be operating under the same conditions.

I show about a 1.5 - 2% reject, though my submitted shares are a little low for accurate statistic for the current block on my miners. I can look at getting that down as my next step.
legendary
/dev/null
i can confirm this, just looked @ my miners, way tomany rejects.
legendary
Activity: 1204
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
Ok, I'm gonna quit poking at it for tonight.  We'll see how it goes overnight.

Inaba, I seeing too much rejects.

"Reject ratio: 4.0%"...

Was 0.6%...1.2% max... What's going on?! Any clue?!
legendary
Ok, I'm gonna quit poking at it for tonight.  We'll see how it goes overnight.
legendary
Update is done... lets see how that works out for the timeouts now.  I had to back out some of the changes... we'll see how its' running with this codebase then I'll look at adding in some more optimizations once I'm satisfied this is working and stable.

Jump to: