Author

Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration! - page 223. (Read 499476 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
sms notification is realy cool feature, i have my miner set on my uncle house and whenever miner is idle i just can let him restart the box Smiley , joining with 400mh.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
this pool is the coolest.
=]

'monkey
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
New Database server configured and ready to go.  As it's so late here in the US, I'm going to hold off until tomorrow for the switch.  I don't want peoples miners freezing up when I bring the work servers down to repoint them at the new DB and transfer all the data.  I also don't want to run the new box without being around to make sure everything is working as planned; though I do not forsee any problems.

Things seem to be pretty stable at the moment, so I'll leave it as is for the night.  After that, I will work on getting PACRIM into shape.
legendary
I just installed a new database server in the datacenter (I am actually in the DC now writing this) - I will be moving the data tables over later tonight and reconfiguring some of the work servers - at that point we should be able to handle about 400 GH/s before capacity becomes an issue again, just an estimate.  But by that time I will have more hardware in place.

Rounds are taking about a day and a half on average, but there's been a lot of downtime as I've been working the bugs out.  Work servers seem fairly stable now, after the move we'll see if they remain stable.  If so, I think we are pretty good to go.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I am extremely interested now due to SMS failure notification.

My favorite feature!  Cheesy  It works with overseas numbers too (like me, NZ number!).
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Can your server handle extra 10 ghash/s or more? How long do your rounds take on average?

I am extremely interested now due to SMS failure notification.
I can also load a smaller amount such as 3ghash/s as a start.
legendary
I will be adding a privacy feature so you can remain anonymous or not even show up in the lists.

I have the new hardware for the new database server.  I will be installing it this evening and transferring everything over.  I ran some tests and it will speed things up dramatically.
P.S: Why you don't wanna be on the top miners? Thats my wish  Cheesy

I want privacy! Cheesy LoL!  Wink I just joined yesterday and maybe a couple of hours later I'll be #2 for this round... Cool
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Inaba:

half hour on pacrim 19:47 to 20:17 AEST: 131 shares (expected hashrate = 312 Mhps)
half hour on us 20:17 to 20:47 AEST: 177 shares (expected hashrate = 422 Mhps)

Both done on same gpu. The expected hashrate on pacrim is consistent with previous results.

Inaba, buddy, gonna stick with US for a while. See if that 422 Mhps was a fluke.

Cheers!
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
We got beaten by bitp.it and Mineco.in, pools newer then us  Cry

Oh snap! Once testing is over and the pool is stable, most  likely miners will start joining.  Kiss

Also is there a feature to disable your account name from being shown in the hall of fame and top miners?
I don't think there is a feature that disable your name :p
But I'm gonna wait Inaba confirmation.
P.S: Why you don't wanna be on the top miners? Thats my wish  Cheesy

Oh snap! Once testing is over and the pool is stable, most  likely miners will start joining.  Kiss

Also is there a feature to disable your account name from being shown in the hall of fame and top miners?
legendary
Yeah, it looks like we have either a bot or someone using a ton of CPU miners that are requesting bucket loads of getworks and not returning much.  I've tried contacting the individual to see if they can fix their config.  If not, I may have to just block them.  I'm changing the US server around now to speed up the getwork requests, but it's taking awhile to get the block chain for bitcoind loaded.  Waiting on that right now.

*EDIT*

Actually, I just went ahead and turned down his ask rate.  Your speed should pick up again shortly.
Am getting frequent work queue empty miner idle -> new work push -> disconnected from server -> connected to server like every 8~10 minutes. Also my estimated speed went down from 4.2GH/s to 3.2GH/s as well as my rejected share skyrocketed to 12% Cry

This all happened after the restart like over an hour ago...

Edit Edit 2: Am still getting the frequent connection problems like every 5-8 minutes now, but reconnects really quickly...Estimated speed increased but still not the same as 9 hours ago and it looks like my submitted shares are lower than other pools...  Huh

Looks good now...I think the reason why am submitting less shares is because of those short downtimes when I was asleep  Roll Eyes
legendary
They were while I brought up some more capacity.  

They should be up now though.  I'll be replacing some hardware this week to speed things up as well.  Someone dropped a ton of workers on the server and it apparently couldn't handle the strain - that's the part I can't test myself unfortunately.  Should be ok now though I think, until I can get the new DB server installed and running.

@Inaba,
I suggest you change the thread name, since it isn't attractive. I suggest you change it to something like this
[0% FEES!] EclipseMC | SMS Notification | PayPal payout | EU, USA and PACRIM servers!
Like other pool's thread Cheesy
In this way you can get more thread view = more workers in EclipseMC = More hash power = Cheesy
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Inaba,
If you decide to go opensource with your pool software and setup, I would like to see it.  A friend of mine and I are working on creating our own pool, using pushpool and a bevity of custom work for DB and frontend.   If you would like to work together, let me know, and we can share information with what we have.
Shit, the share server is down. I'm getting a Failed to connect, retrying error from like 1 minute now.
https://eclipsemc.com/forums/showthread.php/36-BUG-Failed-to-connect-retrying
EDIT: I can now mine using the US server, it seems that the EU one is down.
EDIT2: Now the US one is down too, trying the PACRIM now.
EDIT3: Can't connect to the PACRIM server.
legendary
Well, Bahnfire has been helping out but it's mostly me at this point. 

I've tried to automate as much as possible so it doesn't require constant interaction from the operator.  I've also been considering open sourcing my pool software, but it's fairly complicated and I'm not sure it would be terribly useful to anyone but me without a lot of effort to understand what's going on and the thought processes involved.

As far as some of the things on the list, there's the obvious stuff like:

Graphs (I have been avoiding this because I'm not a statistician so I can only make rudimentary graphs)
Dynamic Mining Signatures - I can't figure what I want specifically for this, so I've been putting it off.
+/- avg per block calc/display
IM integration to go along with Email and SMS alerts, the system will alert you over your favorite IM client.
I'd like to reduce the failed miner spam.  I have 28 miners and if something happens to my connection or the pool, I get a deluge of SMS messages.
PPS mode
Adding timezone support for the times displayed, so they are displayed in your chosen timezone instead of UTC
A generate API key button.  Currently, a random on is generated when you sign up, but no way to generate a new one randomly, but you can set it to whatever you want.
A payout history
IPv6 support

Lots of other little things.

Right now I am working on finishing up the cheat-proof code - I just pushed the worker half of the code to the work servers with the speed improvements to test it out.  If all goes well and it doesn't crash, I will push another update that eliminates the SSLLOOWWW update method I was using to this faster method.  Right now, the worker server is doign double duty with the old code and the new code. 

I have to rewrite the share processing functions to handle the new data tables and share calculation before I can turn off the old share method (proportional).  I hope to have that done tonight or tomorrow at the latest.  Then I'll switch off proportional and go to strictly scoring.  This will have the drawback of having a potentially wildly inaccurate "estimated payout" number, since the number you get will be dependent on when the round ends... since we never know when that's going to be you can't really calculate a real estimate.  It will, however, prevent any pool hopping and increase profits for everyone in the end since the pool hoppers will get zip.

Jump to: