Pages:
Author

Topic: 135 BTC Stolen from my Deepbit account!!!!!!!! (Read 29033 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I've read this story in 2017. Hope, that you have made up for this loss.
Just curious, if you're still dealing with blockchain?
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Even when somebody stole it they won't say it because you can't control it. It can be nearly everyone just use a vpn and steal your coins with it. So you need to learn what you did before.

Have you downloaded a file ? or pressed link ? They can be very dangerous too, but I am really sorry for your loss bro.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
OMG 135 BTC blah blah blah..

Curious gleb, did you find some sort of forensic connection to this old heist in one of your latest cases or what?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
135 BTC! Sorry for your loss :O I would contact exchanges and hope they havn't put the coins through a tumbler, 135 BTC is no small sum :/

Seriously, for that quantity of coins, your better splitting them into different accounts/hardware wallets. If you have a large quantity of coins elsewhere, invest in a ledger wallet (the only hardware wallet with a secure enclave). Never trust an online provider, and NEVER entrust your password to that quantity of coins to anyone.

135 BTC though... I don't want to lecture, but also want to give you sound advice, it is why i shout myself hoarse on here regarding hardware wallets.
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
Getting people to know your bitcoin password is a very dangerous thing to do. Not everyone will choose to keep secrets. I hope you will not put such a mistake next time.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Beware of other people using your accounts.
Yes be ware always and be carefull for me its hard to help you because i'm not a expert here in bitcoin forum but dont lose hope if your bitcoin stole and you font resolve that you need to move on and try to start again . Smiley

OMFG, this user opted to reply to the second post of this thread so that he, too, can make bank off his sig-campaign of choose.

LMAO iam litarly doing that right now iam sorry for memorydealers lost iam sure he forgot about it already or maybe he got it back but it's really funny how

how they brought this topic back from the dead and managed to talk about it like it was today and your comments about that was really funny too sir thanks for the amusement sir !! Cheesy
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Yes be ware always and be carefull for me its hard to help you because i'm not a expert here in bitcoin forum but dont lose hope if your bitcoin stole and you font resolve that you need to move on and try to start again . Smiley

OMFG, this user opted to reply to the second post of this thread so that he, too, can make bank off his sig-campaign of choose.
Activity: 350
vip
135 is something very when compared to the current price of bitcoin. Several prediction pit forth by cryptographic personalities suggest that in future 100 btc is more than enough for a successful living. So he has lost a part of his life.

Look who it was that created the thread (signature on original post).

I think he did quite well for himself in the end...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ver

Roger paid for the first Bitcoin billboard ad:

Activity: 157
135 is something very when compared to the current price of bitcoin. Several prediction pit forth by cryptographic personalities suggest that in future 100 btc is more than enough for a successful living. So he has lost a part of his life.

Look who it was that created the thread (signature on original post).

I think he did quite well for himself in the end...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ver
vip
woaah that  is a huge amount of bitcoin the heck
I feel sorry for you it is true that split your coins in different wallet so that it is safe unless somebody try to steal it
the transaction that is made by bitcoin or any virtual currency is not irreversible but some are.. maybe sit to wallet sites he used to freeze his/her acc

Okay, it looks like I'm the fuckin idiot. Reads to me like users who participate in sig campaigns are merely commenting based on the thread's title, not giving a fuck about the content, thus now making bank on Roger's lost. Madness!
Activity: 253
woaah that  is a huge amount of bitcoin the heck
I feel sorry for you it is true that split your coins in different wallet so that it is safe unless somebody try to steal it
the transaction that is made by bitcoin or any virtual currency is not irreversible but some are.. maybe sit to wallet sites he used to freeze his/her acc
vip
Do you remember maybe you ever log on your account to public computer? Maybe stolen out there.
But i could not say anithing else, its very big amount. Sorry to hear that

How is that you had the intelligence to hunt down, then bump an old thread but didn't notice the date it was created, thus 135 BTC back in the day wasn't worth as much as it is today?
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Do you remember maybe you ever log on your account to public computer? Maybe stolen out there.
But i could not say anithing else, its very big amount. Sorry to hear that
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
Man this is very bad :/ So much money… 
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
vip
Such memories.... If I recall correctly I think the amount of the theft was about $2000 total at the time...

If I did the math correctly, the total lost was 135 X ~$1 = ... FUCK ME! My calculator broke. Anybody got the answer?

Activity: 238
I am the cause of the loss, even I can not think you can leave 130 coins in the deebit.
This must be a good security so no one can steal BTC in Deebit account.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
Such memories.... If I recall correctly I think the amount of the theft was about $2000 total at the time...
vip
Ask Deepbit about IP of people who logged on your account.

Yes I think the first point of call should be deepbit because you hold your account with them and therefore should have a little bit of information as to how the transaction happened and the source of the Bitcoin address amongst others. I'm sorry about it though and wish you luck as you search for the lost coins.

Yeah probably....
You realized you're replying to a thread created in 2011?

People ... look at the date before posting!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for bumping a thread, replying to a post penned just prior to I joining the Bitcoin community, circa June 2011.

Well , you should be Smiley jk
Look at the amount of spam the thread is getting right now, done by people who haven't bothered to read more than two lines, not to mention the date.

And they keep on a postin' re the OP oppose to the latest. vvv

Im really sorry for your loss, but to be honest I think you dont have any chance to retrieve your bitcoins.
Of course you can track them all the time, or hire someone to help you with finding the person that have done it.

I didn't look at well and made a post. I think it is the best that outdated topics will be locked so people still can read but not react anymore. I see that on more forums and it avoid unnecessary post.

Translated: A many posters on forums can not read calendars, thus for their protection lock vintage threads, 'vintage' determined by ... FUCK ME! there needs to be a governing body capable of reading calendars in determining what's considered vintage. I formally nominate Pflit as said body's president. Somebody pass him the word, for the odds are that he'll never read this far in this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: