Pages:
Author

Topic: 135 BTC Stolen from my Deepbit account!!!!!!!! - page 2. (Read 29037 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Ask Deepbit about IP of people who logged on your account.

Yes I think the first point of call should be deepbit because you hold your account with them and therefore should have a little bit of information as to how the transaction happened and the source of the Bitcoin address amongst others. I'm sorry about it though and wish you luck as you search for the lost coins.

Yeah probably....
You realized you're replying to a thread created in 2011?

People ... look at the date before posting!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for bumping a thread, replying to a post penned just prior to I joining the Bitcoin community, circa June 2011.

Well , you should be Smiley jk
Look at the amount of spam the thread is getting right now, done by people who haven't bothered to read more than two lines, not to mention the date.

And they keep on a postin' re the OP oppose to the latest. vvv

Im really sorry for your loss, but to be honest I think you dont have any chance to retrieve your bitcoins.
Of course you can track them all the time, or hire someone to help you with finding the person that have done it.

I didn't look at well and made a post. I think it is the best that outdated topics will be locked so people still can read but not react anymore. I see that on more forums and it avoid unnecessary post.
Activity: 322
Merit: 253
Property1of1OU
Interesting!
What can we do?
Maybe someone could try to pose like they are going to do a deal with him to get his real contact information?
Are we sure this is the same guy,  or just someone else using the same proxy service?

shit o read quickly and I thought it was DEBIT account (in opposition to Credit Account )
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

Yes I think the first point of call should be deepbit because you hold your account with them and therefore should have a little bit of information as to how the transaction happened and the source of the Bitcoin address amongst others. I'm sorry about it though and wish you luck as you search for the lost coins.

Yeah probably....

Apologies for bumping a thread, replying to a post penned just prior to I joining the Bitcoin community, circa June 2011.

Well , you should be Smiley jk
Look at the amount of spam the thread is getting right now, done by people who haven't bothered to read more than two lines, not to mention the date.

And they keep on a postin' re the OP oppose to the latest. vvv

Im really sorry for your loss, but to be honest I think you dont have any chance to retrieve your bitcoins.
Of course you can track them all the time, or hire someone to help you with finding the person that have done it.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun

Yeah probably....

Well , you should be apologizing  Smiley jk

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I don't know how many characters your password was, mine is each of the three never generated twice 63 character passwords from https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm combined together. At the time Steve Gibson wrote this and offered it to everyone he said it would take one super computer 255 times infinity to crack any one of these three generated passwords. Not sure this is the case now.
Activity: 388
Merit: 100
3. Back up the wallet.dat file it creates onto your USB stick.  Better yet, do it onto two USB sticks.  It's located at %APPDATA%\Bitcoin\wallet.dat.  Keep both copies safe and secure.

I would just add to encrypt it with a good but easily memorized passphrase, print out the ascii text and store it on your bookshelf.  Take a photo of those pages, and upload to your flickr account. etc.  I would recommend against storing a valuable unencrypted wallet.dat anywhere.

I would suggest keep the wallet.dat file on another computer or also do not keep the passphrase on the same computer containing the wallet. Since many people have bitcoin stored on desktop wallet and without proper  protection, hacker can hack the computer and thus can get access to your wallets. Many experienced hacker can exploit the security weakness on the normal desktop systems. A special care should be taken by bitcoin users.
More importantly keep data on files that are not at all connected to the internet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024
3. Back up the wallet.dat file it creates onto your USB stick.  Better yet, do it onto two USB sticks.  It's located at %APPDATA%\Bitcoin\wallet.dat.  Keep both copies safe and secure.

I would just add to encrypt it with a good but easily memorized passphrase, print out the ascii text and store it on your bookshelf.  Take a photo of those pages, and upload to your flickr account. etc.  I would recommend against storing a valuable unencrypted wallet.dat anywhere.

I would suggest keep the wallet.dat file on another computer or also do not keep the passphrase on the same computer containing the wallet. Since many people have bitcoin stored on desktop wallet and without proper  protection, hacker can hack the computer and thus can get access to your wallets. Many experienced hacker can exploit the security weakness on the normal desktop systems. A special care should be taken by bitcoin users.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
It seems that linux box is being used to send those scam emails also.  Roll Eyes

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10645&start=0

Also, the IP belongs to a VPN service operated by these guys here https://xerobank.com/

You better talk to them, as they will be the ones to have the VPN logs, not leaseweb.

This is the URL for that IP http://vpngate.unlimited-nl.xerobank.com/

I was doing some reading on Xerobank et al. and stumbled upon this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/metropipe-xerobank-cryptohippie.224184/#post-1341793 (NOTE THE DATE)

BTW, the above is directly connected to Sonny Vleisides of BFL, namely his Laissez Faire City, later going into receivership with Johann Gevers as its auditor, where to date nary a cent/satoshi has been doled out to those who invested in the scheme decades ago.

Aside: Do your own homework if you desire to learn the connection between Gevers, Peter Voss, Alcor, and Hal Finney. During your research, if you stumble upon the term "honeypot" pay it no mind. It's probably just a red herring.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
It seems that linux box is being used to send those scam emails also.  Roll Eyes

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10645&start=0

Also, the IP belongs to a VPN service operated by these guys here https://xerobank.com/

You better talk to them, as they will be the ones to have the VPN logs, not leaseweb.

This is the URL for that IP http://vpngate.unlimited-nl.xerobank.com/

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
It does not appear to me to be a proxy, it comes from an ISP called LeaseWeb B.V. that is in the U.S. Netherlands, and Germany
they do colocated and dedicated server leasing

it is probably a co-located linux box and probably hacked

its funny beacuse this guy has a chinese irc nick and using IP from the netherlands

Chinese hackers are some of the most active anywhere, and some of the most industrious...

they probably used the same hacked linux box for an irc bouncer that they used to connect to deepbit
to steal your BTC

in any case its very likely the person is not traceable,
but it couldent hurt to contact LeaseWeb B.V.
and let them know that someone used an IP that they own to steal your money
they may do an investigation and they may not, but its the best move you can make right now.

heres the contact info for their U.S. office
+1 703 5522754

LeaseWeb Inc.
9480 Innovation Drive
Suite 1, Manassas
Virginia 20110

glad I could help...
iMMUNE

181msjFgfXo1LwFk8S9BLRYETNqD72yHCL
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
Interesting!
What can we do?
Maybe someone could try to pose like they are going to do a deal with him to get his real contact information?
Are we sure this is the same guy,  or just someone else using the same proxy service?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
dude,

the guy who uses that IP (94.75.217.249) address is on irc right now.

irc.linode.com
#linode
his nickname is takamichi

hes not using that IP right now, but he has in the past.... (check google)
iMMUNE
181msjFgfXo1LwFk8S9BLRYETNqD72yHCL
Activity: 481
FYI - Deepbit has SSL now (HTTPS).
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
+1 Tycho
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Wow.  Can't believe he refunded the BTC!  That's great service.

I was thinking about going solo mining but after this bit of service I'm going to stick with deepbit.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
HB Gary didn't teach the world anything.
Activity: 742
Your BTC balance is refunded :)
Pages:
Jump to: