Pages:
Author

Topic: 16 Bitcoin Software Wallets, compared feature by feature - page 2. (Read 1212 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 76
Thanks for the suggestion. I will add it to the backlog.

@thebitcoinhole
Can you please add new software wallet on your website?
Aqua wallet supports Bitcoin on-chain, Liquid Network and Lightning Network.
Currently released for Android and iOS, pending desktop release and open source code publishing.
https://aquawallet.io/
Good list, is the code open source or are there plans to translate it, I can help with that if possible.

The wallets database with all the info is now open source and open for collaboration -> https://github.com/thebitcoinhole/software-wallets
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
@thebitcoinhole
Can you please add new software wallet on your website?
Aqua wallet supports Bitcoin on-chain, Liquid Network and Lightning Network.
Currently released for Android and iOS, pending desktop release and open source code publishing.
https://aquawallet.io/

Another suggestion is to add information for BIP formats supported.
For example Aqua wallet uses BIP84 for Bitcoin and BIP49 for Liquid.
Electrum has it's own format, and I am not sure about other wallets, but it's important to say that BIP39 is not standard for all wallets.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Stack Duo is a fully open-source cryptocurrency wallet.
It is a fork of Stack Wallet, but stripped down to just Bitcoin and Monero
I think he doesn't want to add any software wallets that support altcoins, except Green wallet by Blockstream that supports L-USDT. L-BTC and other liquid tokens.

Stack Duo wallet was not updated for months, and last time I checked it I saw they are in experimental phase, so I wouldn't use it as main wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
You can add Satoshi Wallet and Stack Duo Wallet.
Stack Duo is a fully open-source cryptocurrency wallet.
It is a fork of Stack Wallet, but stripped down to just Bitcoin and Monero

Stack Duo is the first wallet to implement PayNyms on iOS.

Features:
- Bitcoin and Monero wallet
- Available on iOS, Android, Linux and M1 Mac
- PayNyms
- UTXO management
- Dedicated nodes
- Built-in swap
- SegWit support
- Custom address book
- Easy backup and restore features
- Theme
- Open-source software

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cypherstack.stackduo&pcampaignid=web_share
Github: https://github.com/cypherstack/stack_duo/releases

Satoshi Wallet is a Custodial wallet that supports the Bitcoin Lighting Network.
A functional POS on the Bitcoin Lighting Network that is free to download and use, easy to set up, and even supports bolt cards.
Available on iOS, Android

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.livingroomofsatoshi.wallet
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wallet-of-satoshi/id1438599608

Added Sentinel wallet
We want to announce that we are open sourcing our Hardware & Software Wallets databases.

We are open to receive collaborations from anyone who want to add new wallets or improve the data. The goal is to have the most complete and honest website comparing Bitcoin wallets.

https://github.com/thebitcoinhole/hardware-wallets
https://github.com/thebitcoinhole/software-wallets

New features added to our Software Wallets comparison.
https://thebitcoinhole.com/software-wallets

More features added to the software wallets comparison:
- Hot Keys support
- Multiple Wallets at the same time support
- Transaction Labeling
- Dark Mode

https://thebitcoinhole.com/software-wallets

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
First time I hear about MyCitadel wallet, but it looks interesting and it has similar clean interface like Electrum wallet.
I see it has support for hardware wallets, so I downloaded it and I will probably test it next few days.
Nice to see list of supported hardware wallets on thebitcoinhole.com website.
I did not bother to download the wallet because I think OP is almost accurate in what he is posting, although not only that but also because I can not completely recommend the wallet for now. If it is a wallet that support everything needed that I use to recommend people, I might have downloaded it and tested it.

According to the site OP is referring to, the wallet does not require anything like pin unlock, the passphrase is only supported for connected hardware wallet, not supporting backup and recovery with BIP39 seed phrase, which means it is not supporting BIP39 seed phrase, it does not have replace-by-fee.

Is there a reason to recommend this wallet? Although, it is an open source wallet.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Added MyCitadel software wallet to the comparison.
First time I hear about MyCitadel wallet, but it looks interesting and it has similar clean interface like Electrum wallet.
I see it has support for hardware wallets, so I downloaded it and I will probably test it next few days.
Nice to see list of supported hardware wallets on thebitcoinhole.com website.
Added MyCitadel software wallet to the comparison.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
If you make transaction on wallet that support RBF and CPFP and you want to pump the fee, only RBF can be used to pump the fee for outgoing transaction.
Logical because you are the one sending the coins, hence you can increase the fees you want to pay.

For incoming (unconfirmed) transaction, you can not use RBF because only CPFP can be used.
Again, logical. By including the unconfirmed incoming coins in a new transaction that pays much higher fees, you increase the total fee rate for both transactions. I know all that.

But I think this is what Pmalek meant: that will the pump fee appear as CPFP in a way you will be able to differentiat it from RBF as it is on Electrum?
Exactly. Kruw already answered that Wasabi wallet doesn't have that. That makes it slightly different from Electrum where you have an option called CPFP by right-clicking on an unconfirmed incoming transaction in your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1972
Crypto Swap Exchange
Coin control is different from address freezing. With address freezing, you will only be able to freeze the coins on an address or some addresses that you want to freeze. But with coin control, you can be able to freeze UTXOs of your choice. Coin control also allows you to spend the UTXO of you choice.
I understand the difference. But because I always have no more than one utxo on each address I have full control over my coins.
legendary
Electrum for android supports address freezing, which allows you to manage coins if your wallet is properly organized (each address is used once).
Coin control is different from address freezing. With address freezing, you will only be able to freeze the coins on an address or some addresses that you want to freeze. But with coin control, you can be able to freeze UTXOs of your choice. Coin control also allows you to spend the UTXO of you choice.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1972
Crypto Swap Exchange
The android version of electrum doesn't support Coin Control.
Electrum for android supports address freezing, which allows you to manage coins if your wallet is properly organized (each address is used once).
legendary
OK, but can a Wasabi wallet user decide what kind of speed up they want to do? Can they choose between RBF and CPFP themselves or does the software do it for them? Your docs section makes it sound like the Wasabi wallet makes the decision of what to do. Obviously, it's better to do an RBF, but it's good to know for clarity. With Electrum, I can do a CPFP if I want and control the change address or destination address.
I used Bluewallet and Electrum and they all work the same, also on Wasabi and other wallets that support both RBF and CPFP.

If you make transaction on wallet that support RBF and CPFP and you want to pump the fee, only RBF can be used to pump the fee for outgoing transaction.
For incoming (unconfirmed) transaction, you can not use RBF because only CPFP can be used.

On Electrum, this is how it is also.

But I think this is what Pmalek meant: that will the pump fee appear as CPFP in a way you will be able to differentiat it from RBF as it is on Electrum? I think you will not be able to see cancel transaction if it is CPFP because cancel transaction is still RBF. Also that someone can easily know that incoming unconfirmed transaction can not support RBF.

The other CPFP when you have unconfirmed change address UTXO transaction, you can only do that with a wallet that has coin control by spending the change address UTXO of the unconfirmed transaction.
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
It's the same in Wasabi, you right click an unconfirmed transaction in your history and select "Speed Up Transaction".
OK, but can a Wasabi wallet user decide what kind of speed up they want to do? Can they choose between RBF and CPFP themselves or does the software do it for them? Your docs section makes it sound like the Wasabi wallet makes the decision of what to do. Obviously, it's better to do an RBF, but it's good to know for clarity. With Electrum, I can do a CPFP if I want and control the change address or destination address.

If it is an outgoing payment, RBF is automatically used for transaction speedup (since it is more blockspace efficient than CPFP).  If it is an incoming payment, CPFP is used (since it is the only possible option for speedup).  You could CPFP the original transaction instead of using RBF by spending the unconfirmed parent through the normal send workflow (not recommended, since you should coinjoin it first), but you are correct that there's not a CPFP option listed alongside RBF when RBF is available.
legendary
It's the same in Wasabi, you right click an unconfirmed transaction in your history and select "Speed Up Transaction".
Why not?

In most non-custodial or custodial wallets, the developer/company disclaims legal responsibility or any legal consequences such as losing coins or using them in dark activities, so knowing the company or headquarters will not make a difference.

For example, we have Sparrow, dated 2020, without a known company or headquarters compared to a wallet like blockchain.com, which was launched in 2011. They have a headquarters and a registered company. However, Sparrow is better than blockchain.com based on many metrics.
But I am not saying that having a company behind is good or bad for a wallet. I consider is information that needs to be displayed. Some users are going to consider useful, others not.

locking app different from encryption, in most cases the lock mechanism, whether it is a pin, password, fingerprint, or others, does not encrypt the data inside the application, but rather is necessary to protect against physical attacks.

If the wallet does not encrypt recovery files, there is no point in recommending it.
That's why I display both features: app lock protection for one side, and encryption on other side. Both are important features, in my opinion.

Added new features to the software & hardware wallets comparison websites:
- Now you can see the license of each software wallet source code and hardware wallet firmware.
- Added lots of new filters

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
With Electrum, you right-click on an unconfirmed UTXO and select CPFP if it can be done. Wasabi works differently and you can't choose apparently.   

legendary
The wallet itself is supporting RBF, which means all transactions made on it will support that. If it is incoming (unconfirmed) transaction, you will be able to pump the fee which is what I think Wasabi is referring to. Electrum, Sparrow and Bluewallet can do that. Any wallet that has both RBF and CPFP can do that.

The above CPFP explained, if you are the receiver.

If you are the sender and you make a transaction on a wallet that does not support RBF (and if the transaction does not support full RBF) and you import the seed phrase on those wallets that support coin control, even if you do not see CPFP, you will still be able to pump the fee if the unconfirmed transaction has change address UTXO. Only what you will have to do is to transfer the change address UTXO or part of the change address UTXO to another address on your wallet using a higher fee that can get the two (I mean the child and the parent) transactions confirmed early.
I know the theory and how both RBF and CPFP work. I never had any need to use either option, though. If I send coins to myself, I am not worried about how long it will take and don't pay much in fees. If I am paying someone else, I pay more to avoid issues with stuck connections.

The point I was making is that if you take Electrum, for example, you can choose yourself whether you want to pump the fees with RBF or do a CPFP (if the conditions for that are met). With Electrum, you right-click on an unconfirmed UTXO and select CPFP if it can be done. Wasabi works differently and you can't choose apparently.   
Pages:
Jump to: