Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 74. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Well stable, the BFL unit is > 4x the hashrate than ztek and more than double ngzhang. Power draw is also more than double ngzhang (Dunno what ztek power draw is).  Even allowing for a 10% efficiency decrease for "real world" scenario vs the test data, the numbers still hold.

it means that if i change Icarus's price to less than 350$ than BFL's life is over?  Grin

more like 250$ if you want almost the same amount of $/MH
Activity: 592
Merit: 501
We will stand and fight.
Well stable, the BFL unit is > 4x the hashrate than ztek and more than double ngzhang. Power draw is also more than double ngzhang (Dunno what ztek power draw is).  Even allowing for a 10% efficiency decrease for "real world" scenario vs the test data, the numbers still hold.

it means that if i change Icarus's price to less than 350$ than BFL's life is over?  Grin

ADD@2011/12/10

there must be soming misunderstanding here, i mean some other product(my me or other) reach <1$/M, not Icarus. sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
There were some technical difficulties that prevented us from conducting a more thorough test given the time constraints I was under - though BFL was more than willing to take whatever time was needed, even offering to come to my house this evening once they fixed the technical issue that prevented us from doing a comprehensive mining operation

There we go, I bolded the relevant part of the quote you just quoted.  Some people are never happy. 

Activity: 686
Merit: 564
legendary
That is BFL's laptop, not mine.  The one I plan on using for the test is an HP that BFL has not seen/had access to yet.
So let me get this straight... you wrote all that stuff about compiling the code from source and about how the board and test machine didn't have any kind of internet connection, and then you neglected to mention that you'd used a laptop set up and provided by BFL which could've had a hidden wireless connection to anywhere.  Did you even make sure that the binaries you were running actually corresponded to the source code you received, or did you use binaries that BFL provided too?

Neglected to mention it for what?  We haven't done the test yet...  How can I not mention something that hasn't even happened?

November 25th: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.631047
I don't know why it says 0.  It wasn't a live test, so I wasn't too concerned, I was more interested in putting into a test loop to see what the power consumption was (which was 17.6W) - I took pictures of the Kill-A-Watt, but my flash blanked out the LCD screen of the Kill-A-Watt - I will get some non-flash pictures of it tomorrow or Sunday.

November 26th: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.631620
Quote from: Inaba
The demo plan is that I will:

A) connect it to a non-routable development side of the pool, so that the box is unable to communicate with the internet.  I will then let it submit shares to the pool and I will have one of the getwork servers in debug mode and I will see what is sent out and what's sent back.  As I found no evidence of any wireless communications on the board, and since the computer it's connected to will not be on the internet, it won't have any way of falsifying the shares submitted.

B) I will take a unit home that evening, disassemble and take more robust pictures.  I will NOT be removing any heat sinks, however.  

C) I will do further testing that evening on my own with a packet analyzer to see  what packets are being transmitted, when and where they are going and coming from.

That's the plan as of right now, at any rate.

So my plan was published after the first meeting and we haven't done a second, live test yet.  So I'm a little confused as to what you are taking issue with?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
That is BFL's laptop, not mine.  The one I plan on using for the test is an HP that BFL has not seen/had access to yet.
So let me get this straight... you wrote all that stuff about compiling the code from source and about how the board and test machine didn't have any kind of internet connection, and then you neglected to mention that you'd used a laptop set up and provided by BFL which could've had a hidden wireless connection to anywhere.  Did you even make sure that the binaries you were running actually corresponded to the source code you received, or did you use binaries that BFL provided too?

take it easy man, he's doing this for our benefit remember.
i'm sure when inaba has his own laptop he'll be able to give us some solid evidence.
in the mean time, chill out.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Maybe we can get somebody else from Kansas to confirm Inaba and BFL Labs that clearly has no affiliation whatsoever and maybe does not even know about BTC. Another MyBitcoin ? Maybe, maybe not.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
We should be happy that Inaba does this whole test stuff. Roll Eyes
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
legendary
That is BFL's laptop, not mine.  The one I plan on using for the test is an HP that BFL has not seen/had access to yet.

Activity: 504
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
Seems like it's the same computer. Both computers have the same name (z61p-ThinkPad-W520) which isn't that strange since it's automatically chosen by Ubuntu (as far as I know). But they're also both logged in as the same user (z61p) which is a stranger coincidence.

My guess is there is a reasonable explanation for this, and we will probably get it soon.
Activity: 518
Strange as it may look it does appear like the screenshot BFL Labs posted was running on a Lenovo W520 laptop ( which Inaba also seems to own in the other pics earlier on ). Maybe they ran the demo on Inaba's laptop and BFL posted the screenshot here or they oddly have the exact same laptop model or they are the same person after all Tongue ?
For the record, I believe that neither DeepBit nor Inaba are shills for BFL
And I can't imagine what deluded frame of mind is causing other people to think otherwise. It's insane.
I am waiting the see the next conspiracy theory..get your tin foil caps ready!
Interesting.
That's exactly the kind of things that everybody said when people started to question Bruce Wagner's relationship with MyBitcoin.

No one in their right mind said that about BW. I saw some feeling bad for him, etc, as I did but that was about the extent of it...
LOL. I didn't witness xyz, so xyz didn't happen. Nice logical fallacy!
To hold a claim of the form "no one said xyz", you would need to have read thoroughly all the threads of bitcointalk and SA which you obviously didn't do otherwise you would know that when a few people started to whistle the blow about Bruce Wagner, the initial reaction from the community was that of amused denial.

You know how temptating it is for your average Joe to give in to a little "let's put our tin foil caps" sarcasm. People love that. They think that makes them look smart.

I'm sorry, but i still disagree with you. The sentiment about BW and Inaba is way fucking different. Adding some snide snab about joining in on the fun of 'tin foil hats' does not make you any fucking smarter either...
Activity: 770
And I can't imagine what deluded frame of mind is causing other people to think otherwise. It's insane.
Interesting.
That's exactly the kind of things that everybody said when people started to question Bruce Wagner's relationship with MyBitcoin.

No one in their right mind said that about BW. I saw some feeling bad for him, etc, as I did but that was about the extent of it...
LOL. I didn't witness xyz, so xyz didn't happen. Nice logical fallacy!
To hold a claim of the form "no one said xyz", you would need to have read thoroughly all the threads of bitcointalk and SA which you obviously didn't do otherwise you would know that when a few people started to whistle the blow about Bruce Wagner, the initial reaction from the community was that of amused denial.

You know how temptating it is for your average Joe to give in to a little "let's put our tin foil caps" sarcasm. People love that. They think that makes them look smart.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
  Btw, are us dumb Americans the only ones that still use the month/day/year format?  It still throws me off for a second to see the the day/month/year even though it is much more common every where else it seems.

Cheers
Yup Grin
I feel the same though, except it's opposite to me, in that it's the American month/day/year format that throws me off until I realize that's what it is.
Interesting.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I would Love to trade my 6990 for a small farm of these little butterflylab boxes!
legendary
I do not have a unit, just for the record.  Once we conduct a more formal test, I will take a unit home, test it myself and also take better pictures. 

I sent a passel of test data to BFL last night for them to validate against, so hopefully that will help speed the process along.
Activity: 770
Interesting.
Pages:
Jump to: