Pages:
Author

Topic: 1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2) - page 76. (Read 146909 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
... person coming out of the woodwork ...

Hmm, really?
Satoshi would be out of the woodwork, I think...
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You guys are irresistibly fun.
After the 70+ pages thread where everybody was trying to shout louder than the neighboor that BFL could only be a scam, you look like the lunatics in an asylum calling each other insane.

My point is that *if* BFL is a scam (in which case it would be a masterpiece), there has to be a con artist.
That would be someone well known on this forum, progressively giving credit to the product while appearing to side with the community.
I have nothing personal against Inaba, but if BFL was a scam, he would be the perfect candidate for the role of the con artist.

Now I am *not* claiming that BFL is a scam nor that Inaba is a con artist (neither am I claiming the contrary).
I am just stressing that if people ever had a strong doubt that this could be a scam, they should especially seek *not* to base their decision solely on the testimony of a seemingly trustable and friendly person coming out of the woodwork to dissipate the doubts on the product.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
_I_ am Satoshi Nakamoto.  *stands up*
Activity: 504
*Passes out complementary tinfoil hats*

Excuse me, sir. excuseee meeeeeee.  *tugs on your shirt*  Do you happen to have any of those little tin foil cups?  I heard on the Fox News that these units are funded by the commies and designed to track my activities and make my children sterile.....   Undecided
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
...snip...
And furthermore, meeting a known community member in person is far and away more credible than anything that anyone can send in a message or on IRC or in a forum or in an email. FWIW.
I am going to play the devil's advocate but involvement of a "known member of the community" as a neutral and integer witness is a basic prerequisite for a good scam.
Did you people already forget MyBitcoin?
At this point you are all waiting for a positive feedback from Inaba to rush on your Paypal account and purchase BitForce units en masse...
What If Inaba was the con artist?
Indeed, what if gmaxwell, who started this thread, is really the puppet master? His posts have merely been leading everyone else into the scam.  Wow, he is playing chess while we have been playing checkers!  Shocked

*Passes out complementary tinfoil hats*
Activity: 349
...snip...
And furthermore, meeting a known community member in person is far and away more credible than anything that anyone can send in a message or on IRC or in a forum or in an email. FWIW.
I am going to play the devil's advocate but involvement of a "known member of the community" as a neutral and integer witness is a basic prerequisite for a good scam.
At this point you are all waiting for a positive feedback from Inaba to rush on your Paypal account and purchase BitForce units en masse...
Indeed, what if gmaxwell, who started this thread, is really the puppet master? His posts have merely been leading everyone else into the scam.  Wow, he is playing chess while we have been playing checkers!  Shocked
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Bitcoin!
...snip...

I already brought that up in the old thread (although not seriously).
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
but more importantly, what if Freequant is actually Inaba and is pulling the old double switcheroo ... actually, come to think of it, Freequant is likely Satoshi and using this entire BFL/Inaba/Freequant scam to manipulate the bitcoin market
Activity: 770
...snip...
BFL
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
Is the product in full production or do we need to wait 6 weeks after ordering?

Orders placed now will be filled within the six week window.
BFL
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
@BFL What voltages will your products be able to run off of?

12V PSU

Also, we will be conducting further live demos with Inaba this weekend as our respective schedules permit.  Final performance figures and power consumption will be clarified at that time.

Thanks,
BFL
Activity: 756
Is the product in full production or do we need to wait 6 weeks after ordering?
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
@BFL What voltages will your products be able to run off of?
Activity: 518
Sadpanda is sad for the lack of news on how the troubleshooting is going.  Sad

Very true. I believe the customers who pre-ordered this should get daily ( well maybe a bit excessive ) but at least weekly updates on how it is all going. Any info on the final expected ETA ?
Activity: 504
Sadpanda is sad for the lack of news on how the troubleshooting is going.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
Ad
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Guess it's still a game of wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
that's why i am not buying until i see a bunch of people actually receiving the product and reports back.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
I now feel a little guilty thrusting BFL into the limelight before they were ready— all this debate could have been skipped if the product was already shipping by the time we heard about it.   At the same time there were things in the past where I thought "this looks really suspect" and stayed away but other people got screwed because they didn't catch the fishy smell themselves, and I ultimately regretted not saying more.
Yeah, I'd tend to suggest that if they really didn't want to be thrust into the limelight that early on they shouldn't have been taking people's money for their product based on unlikely promises that - as it turns out - they're not actually able to meet in the end. If it was just a "coming soon" website then all the speculation would've been entirely pointless, but given that people were apparently already finding the website and forking over money before your "premature" mention of it...
Pages:
Jump to: