Pages:
Author

Topic: 🥧 1st edition - Bitcointalk Pie Baking Contest 🥧 - page 7. (Read 7133 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

Oh come on lad. Is this even a pie? Is it even cooked?  Grin
Still better than nothing I guess.

Are only proper "pies" allowed in the contest or are other cakes also permitted?
lol this is crazy dude 😂
I baked it myself although the face may looks like what you don't expect but you have to give me a kudos for this for the first time.
After bringing it from the oven, I decided to apply the icing sugar which is a mixture of colour(yellow), flower, and better to decorate the pie with the write-ups. I think it's due to the excess reflection of light that made it look like that.

Maybe you can take a sharp.look on this. Well baked although I could not smoothened the surface very well.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

Oh come on lad. Is this even a pie? Is it even cooked?  Grin
Still better than nothing I guess.

Are only proper "pies" allowed in the contest or are other cakes also permitted?
Activity: 1820
Merit: 775
I love BitBox02 (Shiftcrypto) and Zeus (Cryptotag)
I am so happy to join this contest even though I am doing this for the fun baking my own pie even though it may not look so good but I am happy as part of the first edition contestant for Bitcointalk pie backing contest. I am not so good in baking but joining this contest had enlightened me on some ingredients that are used in baking. I totally humbled myself so learn how to mix the flower with other ingredients to achieve this result. So happy I finally learnt how to back pie as a result of join this Bitcoin baking contest.

God bless those that come together to organise this contest

Actually I'm not sure I'd like to try your pie  Grin, but it's still great to participate. Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
While it's hard to refrain myself from drooling while watching all these pics, I'd like to announce that I also translated OP in Romanian board: 🥧 Prima ediție – Concursul BitcoinTalk de Făcut Plăcinte 🥧.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I am so happy to join this contest even though I am doing this for the fun baking my own pie even though it may not look so good but I am happy as part of the first edition contestant for Bitcointalk pie backing contest. I am not so good in baking but joining this contest had enlightened me on some ingredients that are used in baking. I totally humbled myself so learn how to mix the flower with other ingredients to achieve this result. So happy I finally learnt how to back pie as a result of join this Bitcoin baking contest.

God bless those that come together to organise this contest
Activity: 1008
Merit: 366
So cute  Kiss

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I have invited everyone from my local community to join this contest. Hope they will join too. And it's an honor to be able to participate in this contest, I am grateful for that. I will try to invite more people to join this... It was a very fun experience!
Re: বাংলাদেশ (Bangladesh)
So here's my entry. Have never baked any Pie before. This was my first time. Turned out great, but I wasn't able to get the crispy crust.
Here are the pictures of the process.
Egg Pie  Cheesy

So cute  Kiss
legendary
Merit: 3001
Pie must be made by yourself
That's a bummer. My wife would stand a chance, if I'd start baking I'd end up with something like this Tongue
Good luck to the people with more baking talent Cheesy
Somehow I forgot to reply to this post of yours @LoyceV. Like I previously debated witihn some members[1], the rule regarding making yourself the pie exists for the purpose of preventing people simply go out into a store and buy them. If you do take part into the baking process alongside your wife - perhaps under her guidance? - the entry is still valid. Plus, it would be an awesome bonding moment I imagine! How about letting the kids decorate it? Wink

Dear bitcointalkers,

At first I made a cake, but in fact I realized I had to make a pie... This mistake led to two creations, because I didn't know if cakes are eliminatory in this international contest  Tongue
(...)
That's a really in-depth process documentation Becassine, thank you for that entry! I'll add it accordingly. Nice detail on those chocolate coins!

I'll try to do something before the contest ends. I opened a thread in Turkish section, hopefully there will be more participations.
I'll merit all submissions later, I don't want to influence on anything. Good luck to all.

Great initiative! I did the same a couple weeks ago in the Spanish board and some members have already expressed their interest in participating in the contest. Local boards work too often as a little niche for many people (me included) and we miss many interesting things that can only be found here in the north.

I'm really touched by the spontaneous support that this contest generated within the community, thank you everyone for this support! I'll edit the thread with other translated posts in other local boards, don't hesitate to PM if I miss some of them!

So here's my entry. Have never baked any Pie before. This was my first time. Turned out great, but I wasn't able to get the crispy crust.
Egg Pie Cheesy
And thank you for that! Will update the second post accordingly.

I'll contribute 2 mBTC to the prize pool.
First you win the yahoo charity auction and now you're also contributing for the prize pool? Thank you so much for this support PowerGlove to the community, for sure the award that you've got within the Community Awards is rightfully awarded Smiley I'll update the OP with your offer!
If it's not against the rules to be (heavily) supervised by my pooky wooky (wife), then I might submit something...
Do see my initial reply to LoyceV @PowerGlove. I think you'll get your doubts sorted out Smiley

Hello everyone,  here is may cake I know I'm to late .  For some economic reasons I could not observe this day properly. But today I bought the cake with some of my savings and lit it up.
(...)
@OnZen: Did you just enter a pie baking contest with a digitally decorated store-bought cake? Hmm, are you fishing for merit, or trolling?
Do note that you do not have the required merit in order to participate the contest @OnZen (plus do pay attention that the contest is for pies and it is forbidden using any digital enchantment procedure as a way to camouflage an individual submission as a homemade creation).

Betnomi did a modest design and posted a link to the thread in her thread so I think that should help get users into the contest too!  Wink

Guys great news!

In the news feed of the forum you will find a link to an extraordinary forum competition initiated by RickDeckard, a competition in which we were lucky enough to become sponsors.

The rules are simple:

- Bake a Bitcoin Pie
- Post photos in this thread.
- Win a Betnomi Custom Wallet.

Thank you @betnomi.com (and @icopress) for spreading awareness for this community event! That's certainly a better banner than the one I currently have in the OP (my Paint skills are too limited in order to create such banners). If I may, can I use it to replace the current one?

[1]https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61789406
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

Guys great news!

In the news feed of the forum you will find a link to an extraordinary forum competition initiated by RickDeckard, a competition in which we were lucky enough to become sponsors.

The rules are simple:

- Bake a Bitcoin Pie

Wink  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Betnomi did a modest design and posted a link to the thread in her thread so I think that should help get users into the contest too!  Wink

Guys great news!

The rules are simple:

- Bake a Bitcoin Pie

Bitcoin cake process

Activity: 58
Merit: 6
Hello WO buddy's Onzen is back
decorated store-bought cake?

Yes sir ,

Hmm, are you fishing for merit, or trolling?

No sir, there is a lack of my understanding. I didn't read the rules properly and I forget to make may store-bought cake pie. I apologize for everything and I will bake a new cake soon...
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**

Good idea!
The pie was very funny with these original decorative elements.

If it's not against the rules to be (heavily) supervised by my pooky wooky (wife), then I might submit something...

I also questioned something of the genre, and it is accepted. As long as you wash the dishes at the end (or put them in the dishwasher).  Tongue Cool
Activity: 510
Merit: 4005
I'll contribute 2 mBTC to the prize pool.

I'm pretty skilled at eating pies, but not so much at making them. Grin

@OnZen: Did you just enter a pie baking contest with a digitally decorated store-bought cake? Hmm, are you fishing for merit, or trolling?
Merit: 366
Egg Pie  Cheesy

At first I made a cake, but in fact I realized I had to make a pie... This mistake led to two creations, because I didn't know if cakes are eliminatory in this international contest  Tongue

Now I'm curious: are Bitcoin coins edible?
If so, did you make them yourself or did you buy them? Being a very funny decorative element. Wink

This is the idea of the new wife of my ex-husband, which I wanted to orange pilled with that contest. It's not only a bitcoin cake but a love cake (or friendship cake).

This coins are in chocolate : https://www.action.com/nl-nl/p/chocolademunten-bitcoin/
Activity: 58
Merit: 6
Hello WO buddy's Onzen is back
This is my first time participating in any contest. I know that's not good. But I tried. I apologize for all the mistakes. I will try to improve from next time, inshallah.

Small efforts of small people.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
At first I made a cake, but in fact I realized I had to make a pie... This mistake led to two creations, because I didn't know if cakes are eliminatory in this international contest  Tongue

Now I'm curious: are Bitcoin coins edible?
If so, did you make them yourself or did you buy them? Being a very funny decorative element. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
I'll try to do something before the contest ends. I opened a thread in Turkish section, hopefully there will be more participations.
I'll merit all submissions later, I don't want to influence on anything. Good luck to all.

Great initiative! I did the same a couple weeks ago in the Spanish board and some members have already expressed their interest in participating in the contest. Local boards work too often as a little niche for many people (me included) and we miss many interesting things that can only be found here in the north.

Dear bitcointalkers,

https://i.postimg.cc/5N6qs0M1/bitcointalk-pie-contest.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VvTtxqcw/gateau-bitcoin.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: