Pages:
Author

Topic: 2015 Kialara Labyrinth: Production Update - page 6. (Read 11300 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 788
February 05, 2015, 03:14:39 PM
This evening I was notified that the engraved metal plates have passed quality inspection, and will be shipping out on Monday. I'm still waiting on photos from the production facility, although I was assured they are of the same quality as the samples. I know a lot of you have been waiting patiently, so I want to deliver the news here as I receive it. I'll post another update once I receive the photos/tracking info. If everything goes smoothly from here, I expect to begin shipping these 2015 pieces next Friday, or the Monday following.

When I listed these for sale, I had already ordered all parts needed - many of which I already had in my possession. I never expected this one order to hold things up for an additional two weeks. Thank you again to everyone for your patience and understanding. I plan to send an email update to all buyers tomorrow, as I know they will not all read this post.

I really appreciate your level of communication.  There is always going to be hiccups, but as long as the customers are informed of the situation and not left in the dark, then we are happy to wait.  Especially knowing that you are being so vigilant, ensuring that the product maintains the high quality standard everyone has come to expect with your work.

Thanks LazerViking, I really appreciate all of my customers! Anxious to start shipping these next week.
February 05, 2015, 03:12:26 PM
This evening I was notified that the engraved metal plates have passed quality inspection, and will be shipping out on Monday. I'm still waiting on photos from the production facility, although I was assured they are of the same quality as the samples. I know a lot of you have been waiting patiently, so I want to deliver the news here as I receive it. I'll post another update once I receive the photos/tracking info. If everything goes smoothly from here, I expect to begin shipping these 2015 pieces next Friday, or the Monday following.

When I listed these for sale, I had already ordered all parts needed - many of which I already had in my possession. I never expected this one order to hold things up for an additional two weeks. Thank you again to everyone for your patience and understanding. I plan to send an email update to all buyers tomorrow, as I know they will not all read this post.

Again, thanks for keeping us up to date. Perfectly fine for me to wait a few weeks more if I'm not left in the dark. Smiley

Of course, and thanks for being patient. My parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow via DHL. I'm going to work through the weekend to get as many orders as I can out early next week.
February 05, 2015, 03:10:27 PM
Really cool coin, indeed.

Just what to ask if you can deliver it into Asia ?

Hi Sukamasoto. Yes, I ship globally. There is a 5 item minimum purchase for international orders. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
February 04, 2015, 10:34:02 AM
Really cool coin, indeed.

Just what to ask if you can deliver it into Asia ?
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
February 04, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

Again, thanks for keeping us up to date. Perfectly fine for me to wait a few weeks more if I'm not left in the dark. Smiley
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 03, 2015, 09:50:31 PM
thanks, looking forward to get that item
Activity: 261
Merit: 103
February 02, 2015, 03:15:37 PM

I really appreciate your level of communication.  There is always going to be hiccups, but as long as the customers are informed of the situation and not left in the dark, then we are happy to wait.  Especially knowing that you are being so vigilant, ensuring that the product maintains the high quality standard everyone has come to expect with your work.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
February 02, 2015, 01:10:35 PM
I can't see any reason why there is a limitation on people outside of the US. Once its in an envelope and posted, why does it matter how many go out? If buyer pays post, buyer pays for item, buyer provides address, there is essentially no difference in selling 1 or 10 to overseas.

Hopefully someone else builds something similar and can post to Australia.

From personal experience, too much variation in shipping rates. Every time someone wants a bar, you have to get their mailing address, open up your courier's website, load the postage calculation tool, enter your address and their address, compare the available options, write up a message explaining the options, wait for a reply that may or may not come...

I've sent identically-sized packages to the same country several times before, and found that even shipping to a rural vs urban address can double the cost and triple the time.

At least if he's selling in multiples of 5, he'll cut down on the number of "just curious" shipping quotes.

Maybe try to get an Australian group buy on the go?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
February 02, 2015, 02:53:54 AM
I can't see any reason why there is a limitation on people outside of the US. Once its in an envelope and posted, why does it matter how many go out? If buyer pays post, buyer pays for item, buyer provides address, there is essentially no difference in selling 1 or 10 to overseas.

Hopefully someone else builds something similar and can post to Australia.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
February 02, 2015, 12:11:23 AM
The Kialara Labyrinth looks quite good, great work Kialara.

Are the first 700 with silver sold out yet?
February 01, 2015, 01:57:00 AM

January 29, 2015, 04:10:24 AM
Lazer, Og, thanks for the orders. Smoothie, thanks for the “original”, “hand carved” Smoothie Swag. It is a memorable work and truly one of a kind!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 28, 2015, 11:58:39 PM
Smoothie, Ognasty...

These new 2015 coins do have an element of silver.  The 5 balls for the game are actually .999 fine silver

To be honest that was enough for me.  I bought three of them.

Silver balls + crazy puzzle game = awesome

Only the first 700 have silver balls, the rest of the 2500 will be black ceramic

You had me at silver balls.  I ordered both years.

Haha

lol silver balls. Nice I will have both years.

Thanks Kialara!
January 28, 2015, 09:43:04 PM
Smoothie, Ognasty...

These new 2015 coins do have an element of silver.  The 5 balls for the game are actually .999 fine silver

Only the first 700 have silver balls, the rest of the 2500 will be black ceramic

You had me at silver balls.  I ordered both years.

Haha
January 28, 2015, 06:12:34 AM
I think these Kialara coins look great.  Any chance you'll be making one with silver in the future for us precious metals bugs?

It would be epic if it were made of silver 999 fine.

Shocked

Think the price will go up epically too, they're big you see Wink

Yup I can see that.  Grin

Smoothie, Ognasty...

legendary
January 28, 2015, 02:18:28 AM
I think these Kialara coins look great.  Any chance you'll be making one with silver in the future for us precious metals bugs?

Shocked

Yup I can see that.  Grin
January 28, 2015, 02:14:48 AM
Having trouble understanding the concept of storing bitcoin behind this, can someone please explain it to me? Why are you recommended to only store .1 BTC? Is it just art, or does it serve a functional purpose as well?

Hi mtwelve, I go into detail on these questions in my original reddit post. I'll point you there as there is no short answer to this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2e32dg/as_an_artist_and_collector_of_casascius_coins_i/
January 28, 2015, 02:06:35 AM

Thanks OgNasty. I won't say never, although designs like mine would certainly be a challenge if they weren't simplified - not to mention very expensive.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
January 28, 2015, 01:50:02 AM

Shocked

legendary
January 28, 2015, 01:47:36 AM

Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: