Pages:
Author

Topic: 2016 Has Brought a Bitcoin Awakening - page 4. (Read 3305 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
May 08, 2016, 12:11:01 PM
If anything now is the time to buy into bitcoin. All going well with adoption price should continue to go up the next few months and years. imo if we get bitcoin to double what it is now in a couple years then its still a good investment.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
May 08, 2016, 11:06:16 AM
The people that say that's "too late to get on bitcoin" when the market is not even 10 billion dollars yet is laughable. The potential for the Bitcoin price to go 6 figures during the next 10 years is so freaking high that I feel sorry for all the idiots that don't see this obvious opportunity to be a pioneer and profit from it becoming rich as fuck in the process, but then again, that's exactly why few make it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
May 08, 2016, 08:08:59 AM
yes, 2016 is best for bitcoins
Activity: 658
May 08, 2016, 08:02:14 AM
The realization that bitcoin is a strategic global asset will trigger an "arms race".

Currently, the market cap of bitcoin ($7bn) is simply too small to facilitate a large buy of bitcoins from any governmental organization. If bitcoin started to surge globally, it could become of strategic interest to a government, and therefore other governments. I believe this would trigger something akin to a digital commodity race.

Read the article here : http://www.coindesk.com/2016%E2%80%8A-brought-bitcoin-awakening/ It's really interesting for those have some doubts Smiley

yes 2016 year is awesome for bitcoin because of many things, one important reason is openbazaar, people couldn't pay with bitcoins in ebay so they are happy that they can use it here

and steam now accepts bitcoins, and halving in July, all these things increases price of bitcoin and it will be more and more popular because of that, so it is good year for bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
May 08, 2016, 07:40:33 AM
If banks/governments and companies as well as CEOs and investors and gold bugs all think of bitcoin as a safe asset class to hold 'just in case' and to split their capital a bit into another asset class (cryptos) then yes, bitcoin will take of big time.

if and when it happens remains the question, but when it happens we will notice, and it will likely rigger a chain reaction.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2016, 07:14:27 AM
But what size does the market have to be to be big enough?
I would say at least 1 trillion, but that is a 150x rise from here.  I am optimistic, but I don't see 1 bitcoin being worth 50k anytime soon!

Baby steps should raise the cap to over 15 Billion again at some point, still chicken feed for economies and even super rich people, but a good bit better than now!

if we even manage to get the market cap of bitcoin to be 1% of the market cap of gold we can see that as a great achievement already. 1% of the market cap of gold equals $76,500,000,000.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
May 08, 2016, 07:06:10 AM
Probably this year plus there will be halving this year and that adds up the excitement of the people to invest in bitcoins. Due also to the altcoins developers who make a presentation on their projects then people would interest who is the pioneering of all the coins and that lead to finding out bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
May 08, 2016, 05:20:25 AM
But what size does the market have to be to be big enough?
I would say at least 1 trillion, but that is a 150x rise from here.  I am optimistic, but I don't see 1 bitcoin being worth 50k anytime soon!

Baby steps should raise the cap to over 15 Billion again at some point, still chicken feed for economies and even super rich people, but a good bit better than now!
Activity: 882
May 08, 2016, 03:16:53 AM
7 Billion only? Really Sad ? Thought it had more of the market than that  Huh
With all the media coverage and interest brought to it in the last couple of months due to good, bad and the ugly in the news lately. The number of transactions shown every second made you would think it would be double that amount.  Undecided

Dont worry. Its just a begining. Bitcoin has been more popular this year and it will take some time to be more popular. Lets be patient and watch how the markets reacts.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
May 08, 2016, 03:01:41 AM
Indeed an interesting article that had valid reasons (almost). Regarding the trust in exchanges for purchasing BTCitcoin, overall there might be few that stand out but in general, there have been rather a lack of trust lately due to recent events surrounding exchanges. I also do agree that regardless of the halving event, the price is on the rise and it's matter of time before governments jump in and make a good impact in it's value.
Activity: 630
May 07, 2016, 08:46:59 PM
7 Billion only? Really Sad ? Thought it had more of the market than that  Huh
With all the media coverage and interest brought to it in the last couple of months due to good, bad and the ugly in the news lately. The number of transactions shown every second made you would think it would be double that amount.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
May 07, 2016, 03:44:16 PM
It could be like a snowball gathering size while rolling down a hill or the opposite - like a mountain climber getting more weighed down in a snowstorm. Worldwide it seems to be getting more volatile and alternative currencies could gain in popularity as a store for value. Stability is key because people don't like to see vast drop off's in the value of their holdings.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
May 07, 2016, 02:06:54 PM
The realization that bitcoin is a strategic global asset will trigger an "arms race".

Currently, the market cap of bitcoin ($7bn) is simply too small to facilitate a large buy of bitcoins from any governmental organization. If bitcoin started to surge globally, it could become of strategic interest to a government, and therefore other governments. I believe this would trigger something akin to a digital commodity race.

Read the article here : http://www.coindesk.com/2016%E2%80%8A-brought-bitcoin-awakening/ It's really interesting for those have some doubts Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: