Pages:
Author

Topic: 2016, The Year of Bitcoin? - page 100. (Read 169249 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
December 10, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
What happens if any of the major CC companies go live using the "good chain"?
What are the effects of segregated Witness for luring larger companies sitting on the fence for scalability?

I don't think segregated witness can do anything to handle the amount of transaction per second guys like VISA are used to deal with, but it's excellent news because we are on the right track and once Lightning Network launches then we are going to see some serious shit as Doc would say.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 10, 2015, 07:37:19 PM
So much interesting going on now with Bitcoin. 2016 is going to be a great year!
copper member
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
in BTC we trust
December 10, 2015, 07:23:04 PM
Small note from marketing agency - CoinPoint, about the prediction for 2016.
I have compared December 2014 and December 2015 in terms of interest, customers and markets:

December 2014
  • Negotiation with around 25 companies, most are bitcoin exchanges - for marketing services.
  • Active customers (More than 4 months already) - few dozens
  • 50% USA, 30% Asia, 10% Europe, 10% ROW

December 2015
  • Negotiation with around 80 companies, most are bitcoin exchanges, mining operations and gambling brnds - for branding, integration and marketing .
  • Active customers (More than 4 months already) - bit more than 100
  • 60% Asia, 20% USA, 20% Europe

Cant wait for 2016 now...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 10, 2015, 04:15:36 PM
What happens if any of the major CC companies go live using the "good chain"?
What are the effects of segregated Witness for luring larger companies sitting on the fence for scalability?
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
December 10, 2015, 03:56:15 PM
2016 is the 2nd bitcoin halving block
and im sure in 2016 bitcoin would be more stronger from bad news , and certainly bitcoin price would more stronger too

Yes halving would be the prime reason for 2016 will turn as the year of bitcoin. By the way the pre-halving effects already started in 2015 itself. This effects will make more easier to perform better in 2016. I'm awaiting for the halving to happen.

yeah i agree! just hoping that after the halving and the price
goes up, i hope it stays like that not dropping $300 again.
my hope in  bitcoin in 2016 is very high.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
December 10, 2015, 12:20:26 PM
and im sure in 2016 bitcoin would be more stronger from bad news , and certainly bitcoin price would more stronger too

Yes halving would be the prime reason for 2016 will turn as the year of bitcoin. By the way the pre-halving effects already started in 2015 itself. This effects will make more easier to perform better in 2016. I'm awaiting for the halving to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 10, 2015, 08:12:35 AM
i guess 2016 will be a good year for bitcoin, nowsadays bitcoin has been considers as one of the subtitute currency

advance country now is putting more and more bitcoin atm machine,

so i think 2016 bitcoin will become stable and the price will up
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
December 07, 2015, 06:43:27 AM
Nope, i think bad news and rumor still will be one of the causes of the bitcoin price fall,
bitcoin will continue to go up and down, buy and sell, and that was in result of bad news and rumors
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
December 07, 2015, 06:25:42 AM
Your predictions are absolutely right mate, 2016 is belonging to bitcoin, we could see by these days..

Fingers crossed man. I hope it gets really high and stays at a great price for its basic. 500 or higher will be better I am sure there will be a lot bitcoin user will be pulled through trading.

I couldn't agree with you more. Most of us Bitcoin holders are waiting for its price to reach above the $1000 mark. This would probably happen in the next halving which would take place next year. 2016 will be an exciting year for BTC filled with new surprises.  Cheesy

The price has a lot of bigger rises in the last months, while before it was pretty stable around $270. Now Christmas is coming so I would expect a small drop, but that does not seem to occur. Given the recent price rises, I think it's very likely we will see much higher prices next year.

Activity: 644
Merit: 509
December 07, 2015, 04:59:49 AM
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
December 05, 2015, 08:01:56 PM
The block reward halving will definitely be an interesting factor in stirring some hype/ media attention around BTC. I predict a lot more volume flowing over from FX and hopefully some more adoption from companies.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 05, 2015, 06:09:53 PM
Your predictions are absolutely right mate, 2016 is belonging to bitcoin, we could see by these days..

Fingers crossed man. I hope it gets really high and stays at a great price for its basic. 500 or higher will be better I am sure there will be a lot bitcoin user will be pulled through trading.

I couldn't agree with you more. Most of us Bitcoin holders are waiting for its price to reach above the $1000 mark. This would probably happen in the next halving which would take place next year. 2016 will be an exciting year for BTC filled with new surprises.  Cheesy
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
December 03, 2015, 08:23:46 AM
I think it will. The halving is a very big thing f.e. Then I also expect more and more companies to join the bitcoin eco system.

New services etc. etc.

Yes the halving offcourse. It's a major thing these days.

Maybe the price goes to 600 USD. But look at the current rise, it is al in speculation of the upcoming halving. I am sure of that.

The block halving is what so many people are waiting for. Expectations are very high that people have regarding the price after the block halving. I hope we don't end up being very disappointed by the price not going up as much as we have hoped.
That's correct buddy, we just do not expected too much about something happen after halving process..
Activity: 630
December 02, 2015, 12:13:20 PM

If the price goes up, great for everyone as this will more than likely see a large influx of new users among making the HODL'ers happy.

However even if the price does go down around the halving this will more than likely have a huge effect on the difficulty as I don't see major mines staying open for a prolonged period on a loss therefore the halving is going to be an exciting time no matter the outcome. I look forward to it.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 02, 2015, 12:09:47 PM
The bear market has lasted long enough. I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price and in mainstream adoption.

The fork issue is a distraction. It won't kill bitcoin. The majority will eventually choose what fork they want to use, whether it is the original, or XT, or some third option.

I see the fork issue as silly infighting which only hurts bitcoin. I want bitcoin to succeed, that's what I care about, not what version of BTC I use. I will go with the majority, whichever fork is chosen.

Well said and fully agree!

I'll be going with majority too.
As for the price and mainstream adoption - it's hard to say but fingers crossed.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
December 02, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 02, 2015, 11:03:35 AM
I think it will. The halving is a very big thing f.e. Then I also expect more and more companies to join the bitcoin eco system.

New services etc. etc.

Yes the halving offcourse. It's a major thing these days.

Maybe the price goes to 600 USD. But look at the current rise, it is al in speculation of the upcoming halving. I am sure of that.

The block halving is what so many people are waiting for. Expectations are very high that people have regarding the price after the block halving. I hope we don't end up being very disappointed by the price not going up as much as we have hoped.
Activity: 759
December 02, 2015, 10:50:50 AM
year of bitcoin and linux  Cool

But for real I thing we will go mainstream. Halving, bitcoin i banking systems, internet of things, wars, financial crisis. All this stuff make bitcoin around 1k at least
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
December 02, 2015, 10:48:58 AM
Reward-Drop ETA date: 07-22-2016 23:49:22

The Bitcoin block mining reward halves every 210,000 blocks, the coin reward will decrease from 25 to 12.5 coins.

this is make bitcoin "rare" for miner  Roll Eyes

It's gonna be do or die after the halving. Logically, the price should go up, but if this isn't the case and it holds the miners in a negative ROI for too long, the whole ecosystem might tumble.

Let's hope that doesn't happen. Smiley
There is rather little 'logic' in bitcoin price. It is more like a correlation of crowd mentality, current news and people's paranoia. It won't be the first halving we had, and after last one price didn't go up, even a bit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
December 02, 2015, 10:42:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: