Author

Topic: 2016, The Year of Bitcoin? - page 104. (Read 169249 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
November 21, 2015, 02:55:28 AM
yes i hope so
2016 bitcoin prices will hit the moon
Everyone is hoping for that to happen. When it will is anyones guess. More than likely in July when the halving starts. Lets hope this is the case and nothing else happens in that time frame.

i hope in 2016 more big company join to accept bitcoin Smiley
and im sure if more big company accept bitcoin, bitcoin price can up and stable at $500 above
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
November 20, 2015, 08:05:08 PM
yes i hope so
Everyone is hoping for that to happen. When it will is anyones guess. More than likely in July when the halving starts. Lets hope this is the case and nothing else happens in that time frame.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 20, 2015, 08:01:31 PM
yes i hope so
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
November 20, 2015, 07:39:50 PM
2016 will be big for bitcoin, especially the halving Smiley
im very excited for upcoming year
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
November 20, 2015, 07:36:41 PM
i think that 2016 will be an important year in Bitcoin life because in which the halving will happened which i hope that will affect the price positively as the supply will decline

halving make bitcoin price rising and going to the moon
but...
after it bitcoin can down again

some people predicts bitcoin will be up "before" halving
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
November 20, 2015, 07:29:13 PM
i think that 2016 will be an important year in Bitcoin life because in which the halving will happened which i hope that will affect the price positively as the supply will decline
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
November 20, 2015, 07:16:26 PM
The planned increase in the interest rate the Federal reserve can have a positive effect on the course or negatively. At first time it may hit the stock indices, gold and bitcoin. Therefore, I would not dare to call next year the year of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 20, 2015, 06:25:21 PM
2016 will be the year of decentralised exchange.  Once BIP65 is fully deployed (version 4 blocks) and wallet software is updated to support the feature, it will be possible for users to trade directly from Bitcoin's blockchain to any altcoin that supports ACCT.  Over time, this will become a standard feature with every cryptocurrency.  That means we won't need to sign up to exchanges to trade coins anymore.  This will result in increased resistance to regulatory shutdown (exchanges are easy to shut down), increased privacy (no need to register accounts and submit to KYC/AML) and increased security (not relying on third parties to store funds and you'll have full control over private keys for the pairs you're trading in) once it's all up and running.  Buy and sell directly through your wallet with no middlemen. 

That would be the time when less hacks and more security would be present simply because everything will happen within the blockchain. I just hope that it would be implemented sooner without holding back. This is a nive feature to have.  2016 is a nice year but I think we wouldn't see a new ATH yet.
Activity: 583
Merit: 503
November 20, 2015, 06:24:29 PM
I'm not euphoric about the possible effect on price because of the upcoming block halving either. As said before, its a thing that's anticipated months and months before and besides a temporary spike in the 1st decade this month, prices have remained (very) roughly the same. I'd say we'll evolve slowly to a new 'median' price as 2016 progresses, most likely higher than we've seen in 2015 ... !
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
November 20, 2015, 06:17:02 PM
I predict 2016 is the year where bitcoin finally breaks through, both in price

Perhaps, it's possible. But people predicted this for 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013 (though it was somewhat true!). 2014. And they predicted it for 2015, and it didn't come true here. It's completely random.

and in mainstream adoption.

I doubt this sincerely. If it does ever happen, I don't think it will happen so early and that the rate of adoption will accelerate so exponentially.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
November 20, 2015, 06:12:54 PM
2016 will be the year of decentralised exchange.  Once BIP65 is fully deployed (version 4 blocks) and wallet software is updated to support the feature, it will be possible for users to trade directly from Bitcoin's blockchain to any altcoin that supports ACCT.  Over time, this will become a standard feature with every cryptocurrency.  That means we won't need to sign up to exchanges to trade coins anymore.  This will result in increased resistance to regulatory shutdown (exchanges are easy to shut down), increased privacy (no need to register accounts and submit to KYC/AML) and increased security (not relying on third parties to store funds and you'll have full control over private keys for the pairs you're trading in) once it's all up and running.  Buy and sell directly through your wallet with no middlemen. 

I personally have no problem with KYC, however I`m more worried that exchanged could come up with competitive blacklists and other tyrannical tools.

So something like that sounds really useful.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
November 20, 2015, 06:04:05 PM
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
November 20, 2015, 05:39:08 PM
I am a little skeptical about 2016 as year of Bitcoin. The current volatility will continue because of the expected Fed interest rate hike and the increasing security crisis at Europe and even America, although I am convinced that BTC will go up towards $500-$1000 range, closer to the first figure.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
November 20, 2015, 05:27:44 PM
Why does everyone think the reward halving will have a big effect on price? Everyone is aware of it, it should already be priced in to the current price give or take the time value of money. If anything all those holding coins purely to speculate will freak out after the price doesn't move and create a big sell off.

Long term I think things will continue to trend upwards. The more I learn about bitcoin the less I think the banks can do anything but build on top of it. The probability of them creating anything that competes seems incredibly small and I'm not worried.
Activity: 784
November 20, 2015, 04:10:02 PM
    2016 will be the most exciting year for BTC, since 2013.

-We will have the blocksize debate finally resolved.
    -Halving in summer
    -Federal reserve pretending to raise rates
    -More 0% interest rates in Europe
    -More capital controls for fiat.[/li][/list]

All ways pointing towards bitcoin, so we shall see.

for me personally the most exciting will be the block halving. i was not in bitcoin when the previous halving happened. i am waiting and holding for it.

Yes the block halting should be rather interesting.  Still quite a ways away, it should make the price go up as demand will become more and more stiff but you just never know with Bitcoin what will happen!
    legendary
    Activity: 896
    November 20, 2015, 02:24:21 PM

-Halving in summer

for me personally the most exciting will be the block halving. i was not in bitcoin when the previous halving happened. i am waiting and holding for it.
      Activity: 574
      Merit: 250
      In XEM we trust
      November 20, 2015, 01:29:33 PM

-Halving in summer

Yes we should see. I don't spect that the price will increase.

But that people will talk more about Bitcoin.

Perhaps when the next halving comes, Bitcoin's price would increase substantially, thus making it an interesting commodity for investors to dive in and reap the rewards. That is just my opinion. I could be wrong, though.  Roll Eyes
        That would drive up the price even more. It would be a chain reaction. However most investors want to invest in startups since they have a greater yield and that give a somewhat safety net for the investors mind. Investors have peace of mind when there is actually people behind their investments and work hard to bring profits to the investors.

However 2016 is seen globally as a year of change. A lot of spectacular stuff will be happening. Bitcoin would be just the tip of the iceberg.
        legendary
        Activity: 3220
        Merit: 1363
        www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
        November 20, 2015, 01:20:01 PM

-Halving in summer

Perhaps when the next halving comes, Bitcoin's price would increase substantially, thus making it an interesting commodity for investors to dive in and reap the rewards. That is just my opinion. I could be wrong, though.  Roll Eyes
          Activity: 770
          Merit: 500
          Forza Roma
          November 20, 2015, 11:24:47 AM

-Halving in summer

Activity: 854
            Merit: 1009
            JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
            November 20, 2015, 10:48:53 AM

-Halving in summer

Jump to: