Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019, A Challenging Year for Ethereum - page 11. (Read 1814 times)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
February 18, 2019, 12:29:01 AM
Agreed. Ethereum needs to up their game otherwise there are far better chains available for devs to make dApps.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
February 17, 2019, 11:15:09 PM
I think that the biggest challenge facing Ethereum this year will be the switch to a Proof of stake model rather than a proof of work model for providing network consensus. The fees are quite reasonable for transactions at the moment so DAPP users do not have many complaints in that department.
That is the solution of their challenge and they made it on a timely manner.
We will be shifting into POS and look what's happening now, ETH has been rising and it help the entire market to rise again.
ETH has finally start to look very interesting this year and I believe it will again starts to climb up consistently.
This year should not be difficult for Ethereum, on the contrary, there can be a good breakthrough due to the diligent and most importantly successful work of the development team, I have a great hope for the coin
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
February 17, 2019, 08:56:35 PM
I think that the biggest challenge facing Ethereum this year will be the switch to a Proof of stake model rather than a proof of work model for providing network consensus. The fees are quite reasonable for transactions at the moment so DAPP users do not have many complaints in that department.
That is the solution of their challenge and they made it on a timely manner.
We will be shifting into POS and look what's happening now, ETH has been rising and it help the entire market to rise again.
ETH has finally start to look very interesting this year and I believe it will again starts to climb up consistently.
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
February 17, 2019, 08:22:41 PM
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
February 17, 2019, 07:59:38 PM
I think that Ethereum is still good and let 2018 was not the best year for Ethereum, in the future Ethereum will only grow.
Activity: 619
Merit: 352
February 17, 2019, 04:13:48 PM
If the developers will make the Ethereum ecosystem more adaptive to the needs of users, I think then ETH will be fine. Especially since it is an old project that has a huge Foundation and support
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
February 17, 2019, 04:13:31 PM
Yes, indeed. It will be very challenging for Etherium this year.
At the moment I still see Etherium is the leader of projects coming to blockchain technology. There are projects building their own blockchain, but I haven't seen projects to other onown existing blockchain ( at least I don't know). Etherium blockchain is much scalabe to adapt decentralized large scale applications.
Etherium is working agresively towards scaling solutions to increase adaptation by dapps. Also concentrating deeply on sharding techniques which will increase transactions per second to a great extent.
Launch of web 3.0, d apps store will definitely bring Etherium to new highs in future, no doubt on that.
Activity: 420
February 17, 2019, 04:07:02 PM
Ethereum already been a good coin since a long time, so there is no doubt that it will still be a good coin even right now when the market is in slumber.
Next time it should be able to grow big again and keep on being a good coins that worth to invest on.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
February 17, 2019, 04:02:17 PM
This year can be challenging not only for Ethereum, but for many other coins too. Everyone says that there will be growth, but do not hope so. The market always goes against the majority, so it is better not to make hasty conclusions and forecasts.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
February 17, 2019, 03:43:40 PM
I think other platforms also lose fee when trading on dapp or using dapp, it is necessary to maintain the system. It is similar to transferring BTC, you have to take a fee to transfer it to another wallet
Activity: 310
January 31, 2019, 02:19:09 PM
This is going to be a great year for the whole crypto community and especially for Ethereum. Cannot wait to check the next update that is going to reduce transactions cost and to make Ethereum even more fast.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
January 31, 2019, 02:05:57 PM
Just not for ETH,2019 is challenging for the whole crypto market.Firstly market should pump up than ETH will develop. But without the market improvement only ETH pumping is little unimaginable.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
January 31, 2019, 09:13:28 AM
Eth has scalability issue and could be vulnerable from a 51 percent attack that's why it needs to find solutions quick or Eth might not survive in the next few years. As of now devs are implementing a new software update and switching it to pos instead of pow. If the network gets faster then it should get more attention as if when the ICO projects were booming.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
January 31, 2019, 09:09:34 AM
I agree that for Ethereum it was a difficult year, but despite its course, a fall, it is the leader of many projects, as well as a major one for maintaining smart contracts. I think it will start to grow, you just need to wait a good period for this. For me, Ethereum was always in second place after Bitcoin, despite the fact that there are currencies and steeper.
Activity: 308
January 31, 2019, 09:07:02 AM
I think ethereum has lost much trust from people. I don't know why, but we can know from the price and the idea of hardfork. Last year waspada rough enough for ethereum and this year, Ethereum should think how to recover and gain back trust from people.
indeed most people find it difficult to trust Ethereum because of their low value so they might lose or anything that makes them afraid to start again.
hopefully our struggle and Ethereum will have good results so far and hopefully the value will increase soon.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
January 31, 2019, 08:55:21 AM
Ethereum is still at its best, dominating the dapp market in 2018. It gains the highest active number of dapp users among others. Not just that, it’s leading the market also in terms of wallet holders and total number of dapps.

But despite of the stable growth, Ethereum may find 2019 a tough year to begin with. Aside from the less transaction it has compared to the others, its dapp users needs to maintain an ETH for the gass fee every transaction. This greatly affects the dapp users experience and full mass adoption of Ethereum Dapps.

This is something an Ethereum dapp must consider and/or think about this year.

Source: https://www.dapp.com/article/annual-dapp-market-report-2018?utm_content=Vale
You are very right. The gas fees may be quite a setback in the dApp application for ETH. My real concern is that not many users will be willing to pay the high gas fees(depending on network condition) for the transactions  on dApp.
Activity: 420
Merit: 0
January 31, 2019, 08:53:27 AM
At this time people are loosing interest in ethereum to see it;s performance and believing in other coins so 2019 will be very challenging year for the ethereum because ethereum have to prove itself again.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
January 31, 2019, 08:49:09 AM
I think ethereum has lost much trust from people. I don't know why, but we can know from the price and the idea of hardfork. Last year waspada rough enough for ethereum and this year, Ethereum should think how to recover and gain back trust from people.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
January 31, 2019, 08:45:20 AM
almost all altcoins have the same challenges as ETH this year, even bitcoin is experiencing the same thing.
I am sure this difficult period will end and Crypto will again become the world's attention and increase its popularity more than before.
Expectators still believe that the market will rise back, we  need to find our gems while we are still in this situations, people who loves
investing and waiting for the big bounce back will consider ETH as one of those best coin after bitcoin, this challenge after the postponed
fork will be for believers and supporters, we will wait till the final announcement about it and see how it will bring the rally back for
this project.
Activity: 476
January 31, 2019, 08:29:56 AM
The latest drop in the Ethereum exchange rate caused by the postponement of the update is possible. Many ETH holders expect positive results from the team this year. It should affect the cost.
Pages:
Jump to: