Author

Topic: 2019 NBA Pre-Season - page 2604. (Read 899443 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
September 19, 2018, 08:35:57 AM
One of the reasons why other players still stay at old age.
1. Love of the game.
2. They are acquiring enough money for retirement.

40 is mostly the age they retire. After that there will be no money entering in their accounts.

They still got 30-40 years to live and I dont think the money they got from playing basketball can afford that.
Add up the life they got used which is mostly expensive.

So business will be their option since they cannot be accepted in office works for that age.

I do think Dirk is a wise man. His Teacher might have already prepared him for that.
Passion for the game surely is the main reason why they can't leave the game though they are too old enough for it. I don't want to dig some of his life decisions on how wise he is with financial management but he can still get a job after that.

I remember Yao Ming when he retired, he got a contract to have a tour around the world to become an advocate of something so that can also happen to Dirk if he's out of NBA.

Yao's story is way different with Dirk.
If you are living in a communist country then it will be a different rule.
It is like your momey is being halved as always for the sake of the government.
That is why Yao have his own television channel way back. Somehow I think this is because he is giving a big share for his country.

Maybe a shooting school business will really fit for Dirk.
Yes they have their different story, I'm just giving an example on what happened to Yao after retirement. I don't want to dig more about their government or so.

A shooting school would be amazing if Dirk manage to have that and for sure many will enroll to it especially those aspiring players and young potentials.

Sorry about that.
I just remembered that big television screen where I see Yao most of the time and that is why I suddenly talked also about their government.

Correct, a shooting school would fit Dirk specially how he does the proper way to shoot to avoid blocks.

Examples of bad shooting positions are Shawn Marion, Lonzo Ball and also Steph Curry.
Yes, Curry is one of those kids who shoots like the ball is so heavy. Hands came from the waist before pulling it up.
It is an easy block for the defender since he is also small.

If rookies will have the same problem then probably Dirk could make them change without risking the shooting percentage.
Basketball in perfection.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
September 19, 2018, 03:16:01 AM
1. Love of the game.

40 is mostly the age they retire. After that there will be no money entering in their accounts.

They still got 30-40 years to live and I dont think the money they got from playing basketball can afford that.

So business will be their option since they cannot be accepted in office works for that age.

I do think Dirk is a wise man. His Teacher might have already prepared him for that.
Passion for the game surely is the main reason why they can't leave the game though they are too old enough for it. I don't want to dig some of his life decisions on how wise he is with financial management but he can still get a job after that.

I remember Yao Ming when he retired, he got a contract to have a tour around the world to become an advocate of something so that can also happen to Dirk if he's out of NBA.

That is why Yao have his own television channel way back. Somehow I think this is because he is giving a big share for his country.

Yes they have their different story, I'm just giving an example on what happened to Yao after retirement. I don't want to dig more about their government or so.

A shooting school would be amazing if Dirk manage to have that and for sure many will enroll to it especially those aspiring players and young potentials.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
September 18, 2018, 09:35:02 PM
1. Love of the game.

I agree that some of the old players are playing because they love it. They find basketball as part of their lives already that it will be hard for them to quit it. Money is already there but their passion is the one that stays them in NBA.

For Dirk, I think when he retires, there will be another door that will open for him. If you can see, some players are now commentators already. Some became coaches and GM of the team. I think Dirk will likely be the same as them. There will be always opportunity for him for his contributions in NBA.
There is a big possibility because Dirk is one of the Legends in NBA but that is all up to him, we never know his personal life.
Whatever the progress of the team this coming season, it cannot be denied that when Dirk will retire, his Jersey will be hang in the court of Dallas Mavericks.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
September 18, 2018, 09:09:32 PM
1. Love of the game.

I agree that some of the old players are playing because they love it. They find basketball as part of their lives already that it will be hard for them to quit it. Money is already there but their passion is the one that stays them in NBA.

For Dirk, I think when he retires, there will be another door that will open for him. If you can see, some players are now commentators already. Some became coaches and GM of the team. I think Dirk will likely be the same as them. There will be always opportunity for him for his contributions in NBA.
September 18, 2018, 04:49:43 PM

Opportunities are endless for dirk after his nba career. Or he can even continue on with his franchise outside the court. The guy knows that his years of active competition is almost over but the guy can still produce good numbers at this point in his career

I agree with that.

He still have that hot hands as they call it.
Remember Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, who is giving guidance with Clint Capela.
Tim Duncan which is also helping Aldridge with his posting stance and other stuffs.
Steve Nash also have some tutorials with how to shoot properly.

Dirk will be one of them but this time when it comes to shooting when you are a tall person. His customer could be Porzingis and maybe some new recruits of the Dallas Mavericks.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 18, 2018, 01:22:43 PM
1. Love of the game.

Opportunities are endless for dirk after his nba career. Or he can even continue on with his franchise outside the court. The guy knows that his years of active competition is almost over but the guy can still produce good numbers at this point in his career
September 18, 2018, 09:12:01 AM
1. Love of the game.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
September 18, 2018, 09:07:01 AM
Dirk is not playing because he needs money, neither vince. These dudes made a lot of money and thankfully not one of those people who go broke right after they retire, iverson was one of those people, he was broke right after he stopped playing. During these years iverson still doesn't have proper finances. Dirk and Vince is not like that they have a lot of money and they do not have to worry about money anymore, they can retire today and never have to work for money ever again.

Nevertheless, these guys are just basketball players, they do not have anything else on their minds and they do not know what to do when the game is over.
September 18, 2018, 07:48:55 AM
1. Love of the game.

Having the full million dollar salary for years is one of the best ways to have. Knowing that you would get to retire at a certain age. But the opinion of thinking it is not enough? I think that's too much. They have a lot of personalities coming with different views on life, and it is better to have a business before you stop work, in this case, it is an athlete.

I think Dirk wouldn't mind doing that. He would indeed be one of the Hall of Fame Players in the league.
He's going to be one of the hall of famers for real.

I will not be surprised as well if there will be some articles that will come out that's going to focus with the life under being an athlete and updates on how they are living well off with their team.

Money on NBA surely is big and contracts are really taking off to the highest and even with the veterans who will just sit on their bench for the whole season.
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
September 18, 2018, 07:36:06 AM
1. Love of the game.

We can only hope that those players getting million dollar contract knows how to save, invest because we all know that once they retire there will be no money unless they got jobs behind, like team management. And we also have witnessed a lot of stars going bankrupt once their days in the NBA are over. Nothing is permanent as they say, so we hope Dirk is wise enough to have invested in NBA money so that he has a backup when he retires.

Have you heard about recent Kobe's investment exit?
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/kobe-bryants-6-million-bodyarmor-investment-now-worth-200-million/

I'm afraid that this is just a exception of the general rule and there are many players like Allen Iverson, who lost everything.

On the other hand, professional sports is also attracting a lot people looking to take advantage of multimillion superstarts. For example the accountant who cheated on Kevin Garnett:
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/kevin-garnett-suing-accountant-77-million/
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 18, 2018, 06:56:58 AM
1. Love of the game.

We can only hope that those players getting million dollar contract knows how to save, invest because we all know that once they retire there will be no money unless they got jobs behind, like team management. And we also have witnessed a lot of stars going bankrupt once their days in the NBA are over. Nothing is permanent as they say, so we hope Dirk is wise enough to have invested in NBA money so that he has a backup when he retires.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
September 18, 2018, 01:47:57 AM
1. Love of the game.

Having the full million dollar salary for years is one of the best ways to have. Knowing that you would get to retire at a certain age. But the opinion of thinking it is not enough? I think that's too much. They have a lot of personalities coming with different views on life, and it is better to have a business before you stop work, in this case, it is an athlete.

I think Dirk wouldn't mind doing that. He would indeed be one of the Hall of Fame Players in the league.
September 18, 2018, 12:55:52 AM
1. Love of the game.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
September 17, 2018, 11:20:45 PM
I doubt nowitzki needs to come off the bench, I mean being a starter has a respect for it even if you play less minutes. Tim Duncan started his games until last day, they didn't looked for another PF until Duncan left. Nowitzki is definetly not good enough to be a starter at his age however if you give him less minutes it is still viable. Nowitzki has that superstar HOF career and making him come off the bench is just a disrespect if you ask me. Now if dallas was contenting I would understand but dallas can't even make the playoff than there is no reason for him to play less. He deserves to be a starter until his last game.
I like that, paying respect for your superstar who give you the title is really important, Dallas can still use him for starting the team as fans will be there
to see him and how he can manage to play against young generations, I still believe with his shooting capabilities and with his experience he can still give fans and enjoyment that they pay for, just give him enough minutes to enjoy the last season just like Tim had.
September 17, 2018, 02:46:24 PM
I think you guys are forgetting that the medical part of NBA improved 100 times since MJ times. Back than players played 40+ minutes per game, I remember iverson playing 43 minutes per game for a while and so forth. You can be the best player in the league but if you play over 40 minutes a game you are going to get injured one way or another.

Even lebron takes care of his body like no other, it is said that he spends 1 million dollars a year to maintain his body, trainers, chambers, cooks, dieticiens and many more stuff just to keep him lean and mean. Players who play until they are 40 now are much healtier and can play much better compared to 90's stars who played into their 40's because their body was not that much taken cared of.

Also a good point.
By the way, this can happen now because of the million of dollars salary that they have. Unlike before, where the NBA management is still looking for a way for people to seek entertainment through basketball.

That is why they made a lot of freebies and also they are trying to change it in different field to where NBA can get most profit. The hand check rule was one. People are getting bored of players just playing in the inside. They want something new so NBA gave it to them. No more hand check the next year.

So now 40 year old can still be good to play. Hmmmm so draft picks can take older players too.  Grin
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
September 17, 2018, 10:57:09 AM
I doubt nowitzki needs to come off the bench, I mean being a starter has a respect for it even if you play less minutes. Tim Duncan started his games until last day, they didn't looked for another PF until Duncan left. Nowitzki is definetly not good enough to be a starter at his age however if you give him less minutes it is still viable. Nowitzki has that superstar HOF career and making him come off the bench is just a disrespect if you ask me. Now if dallas was contenting I would understand but dallas can't even make the playoff than there is no reason for him to play less. He deserves to be a starter until his last game.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
September 17, 2018, 10:47:44 AM
I think you guys are forgetting that the medical part of NBA improved 100 times since MJ times. Back than players played 40+ minutes per game, I remember iverson playing 43 minutes per game for a while and so forth. You can be the best player in the league but if you play over 40 minutes a game you are going to get injured one way or another.

Even lebron takes care of his body like no other, it is said that he spends 1 million dollars a year to maintain his body, trainers, chambers, cooks, dieticiens and many more stuff just to keep him lean and mean. Players who play until they are 40 now are much healtier and can play much better compared to 90's stars who played into their 40's because their body was not that much taken cared of.
September 17, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

During the time of MJ as the best player in the NBA or also in the world, he was able to carry his team to win multiple championships and get
MVP awards. Now, Lebron James is the best player in the Planet but he don't have the capability to dominate any team, instead they were dominated by the warriors.

Difficult to be compared with that era.
Players are different now since they have seen great players and are now adapting it.
Also new types of trainings are being created unlike before.
So it is not rewlly a one man team that could win the championship.
Just like GSW which are cooperating with each other.
Using all their skills to be formed as one. That is why they can easily dominate basketball.

MJ also got a lot of help.
Good coach and team mates.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
September 17, 2018, 12:35:44 AM

1. Love of the game.

You can add - chasing their first ring by signing a 1 year vet. minimum deals to a contending teams with stacked rosters.

Also, most teams, if not all, need a veteran presence in their locker room. Apart from chasing rings and money, being able to help/mentor young players is what some of the old dudes like to do.

Oh yeah. Sorry forgot about that kind of player.
But Dirk is out of the list with those.

Before it was Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Sam Cassell who really pushed it until 40 before retiring Nba just for the ring.

There are a lot of them who are stopped by MJ. Taking all the championships on the 90's and they are left with none since new players are getting better while they are getting old.

Good point. Thanks.
During the time of MJ as the best player in the NBA or also in the world, he was able to carry his team to win multiple championships and get
MVP awards. Now, Lebron James is the best player in the Planet but he don't have the capability to dominate any team, instead they were dominated by the warriors.
September 16, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

1. Love of the game.

You can add - chasing their first ring by signing a 1 year vet. minimum deals to a contending teams with stacked rosters.

Also, most teams, if not all, need a veteran presence in their locker room. Apart from chasing rings and money, being able to help/mentor young players is what some of the old dudes like to do.

Oh yeah. Sorry forgot about that kind of player.
But Dirk is out of the list with those.

Before it was Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Sam Cassell who really pushed it until 40 before retiring Nba just for the ring.

There are a lot of them who are stopped by MJ. Taking all the championships on the 90's and they are left with none since new players are getting better while they are getting old.

Good point. Thanks.
Jump to: