Pages:
Author

Topic: 2^256 Deep Space Vagabond - page 4. (Read 38659 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
March 31, 2014, 11:06:03 PM

I know what you mean, but if you compare that to a list of the frequency distribution of *all* addresses, I'm betting that the distributions will be very similar - which means you don't gain anything by leaving them out.

And in fact, you're probably slightly slowing the generation process down.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 31, 2014, 06:18:52 PM
What I mean by it cuts down on the total amount of variables to try and check against my keys script is that I only have vanitygen generating keys that are between 121-19z and 1A1-1Pz, It is generating more keys than that but those are the only keys being output to text file. By doing that I am reducing the number of keys I am checking against my balance list (which contains only addresses between those prefixes with a balance greater than 0).

I took all of the addresses that had a balance greater than 0 and sorted them by prefix and generated the graph below. As you can see vertical axis is the total amount of addresses that begin with each prefix (horizontal axis).

I know what you mean, but if you compare that to a list of the frequency distribution of *all* addresses, I'm betting that the distributions will be very similar - which means you don't gain anything by leaving them out.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 31, 2014, 06:14:11 PM
What I mean by it cuts down on the total amount of variables to try and check against my keys script is that I only have vanitygen generating keys that are between 121-19z and 1A1-1Pz, It is generating more keys than that but those are the only keys being output to text file. By doing that I am reducing the number of keys I am checking against my balance list (which contains only addresses between those prefixes with a balance greater than 0).

I took all of the addresses that had a balance greater than 0 and sorted them by prefix and generated the graph below. As you can see vertical axis is the total amount of addresses that begin with each prefix (horizontal axis).

http://i60.tinypic.com/juu2qa.jpg

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 31, 2014, 06:03:35 PM
I've noticed the same thing - I wanted to use regex with oclvanitygen and thought I could just run a regex script batchwise on the generated files, but as you noticed it's very slow. I can't help you with that, but:

(PS- the reason for the regex is because 93.94% of bitcoin addresses with a balance greater than 0 are between the prefix 121 and 1Pz which cuts down on the total amount of variables to try and check against my keys script.)

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the probability of those addresses existing rather than the probability of them having a balance != 0. This means that trying them does not increase the time taken to find a balance > 0 since the probabilityof generating these addresses is much lower as well.
Activity: 17
March 31, 2014, 04:20:39 PM
So in my ever expanding curiosity (yes I know it's damn near impossible but I like the challange of scripting new things) I have re-written a few different scripts in PHP-CLI to make calls to vanitygen to generate addresses/privatekeys and check them against an array loaded with keys/balances.

The program currently uses about 450MB of memory per instance of it running and its checking it against a subset of ~1.3 million addresses or so. I did notice that when making the call out to generate a key I was getting about 0.15 secs/key generated using the options in the code box below and the amount of time to actually check the address against the database was so fast the php function microtime was not able to determine the time. I decided to go ahead and instead of calling vanity gen over and over to generate 1 address at a time I would start up vanity gen in one command prompt using options in code box 2 and run the checking script against the output file instead. Now the problem is that the cpu vanity gen only generates about 240 Kkeys/s on my CPU and the PHP script checks 50,000 addresses in less than 2 seconds.

So I decided I would try OCLvanitygen to generate addresses even faster since my GT440 generates around 2.70 Mkeys/s but I'm having an issue with oclvanitygen that maybe one of you might have some insight into. I have noticed when running OCLvanitygen under -q it will list its generating 2.7 Mkey/s but with the prefix set at "1" it states that its finding 1 or 2 keys per second (output in code box 3). Any idea how to get OCLVanitygen to output all 2.7Mkey/s to the output file?

(PS- the reason for the regex is because 93.94% of bitcoin addresses with a balance greater than 0 are between the prefix 121 and 1Pz which cuts down on the total amount of variables to try and check against my keys script.)

Code:
vanitygen.exe -q -t 4 -r -k 1[A-P2-9] 

Code:
vanitygen.exe -q -t 4 -r -k -o generated.txt 1[A-P2-9] 

Code:
D:\>vanitygenlib.exe -q -t 4 -r -k -o generated.txt 1
[131.34 Kkey/s][total 699554][Found 2827]

D:\>oclvanitygen.exe -q -k -d 0:0 -o generated.txt 1
[1.36 Mkey/s][total 20971520][Found 5]
Activity: 2
March 07, 2014, 09:15:35 AM
There are a few other possibilities to upload the file  Smiley
It would be nice.

Activity: 208
Merit: 148
March 07, 2014, 08:53:17 AM
The Downloadlink doesnt work anymore.
Could you please reupp the latest Version of you tool ?

I would very appreciate it Smiley

Thank you

Best regards

Google Code started disabling binary downloads recently...
Activity: 2
March 07, 2014, 08:48:09 AM
The Downloadlink doesnt work anymore.
Could you please reupp the latest Version of you tool ?

I would very appreciate it Smiley

Thank you

Best regards
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
January 29, 2014, 06:18:14 AM
[...]I will just transfer it to the candidate with highest activity.

You couldn't just open-source it?

I don't feel too comfortable doing that. A little concerned about the potential for abuse, even if limited. That's why I'd rather transfer it to a trusted user.

Abuse?

If Bitcoin can't stand up to this program I'd really rather you let her loose now, before I waste further time  Cheesy

Not that kind of abuse... Rather something along the lines of repackaging the app and potentially abusing new gullible users.

They'd do better repackaging Bitcoin-Qt than a screensaver.
That'd be a little trickier to get away with since there's no reason not to download from the official site. You have a modified version of a "address cracker," though, and you could probably get a good number of people. God willing, they're all poor people. Or.... wait, that's worse, isn't it? Cheesy
0xFB0D8D1534241423
January 28, 2014, 02:36:05 PM

I don't feel too comfortable doing that. A little concerned about the potential for abuse, even if limited. That's why I'd rather transfer it to a trusted user.

Abuse?

If Bitcoin can't stand up to this program I'd really rather you let her loose now, before I waste further time  Cheesy

Not that kind of abuse... Rather something along the lines of repackaging the app and potentially abusing new gullible users.

They'd do better repackaging Bitcoin-Qt than a screensaver.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016
January 28, 2014, 02:29:40 PM

Abuse?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 28, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

Abuse?

If Bitcoin can't stand up to this program I'd really rather you let her loose now, before I waste further time  Cheesy
legendary
January 28, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

0xFB0D8D1534241423
January 27, 2014, 11:49:23 AM

legendary
January 26, 2014, 05:29:52 PM
I've received 2 additional offers by PM. So, 4 users are currently interested in taking over this project.

As I'm still not sure who to transfer this project to, I will simply transfer it to the highest bidder. Starting bid is 0.3 BTC, minimum increment is 0.05 BTC. I would like to close this a week from now at the latest. If there are no bids at all, I will just transfer it to the candidate with highest activity.

[Edit] I reserve the right to turn down offers from proven scammers.
legendary
December 14, 2013, 12:25:25 PM
Thanks, I'll wait for a couple more days in case other potential candidates show up. 
0xFB0D8D1534241423
December 12, 2013, 11:09:08 PM
Although I still have tons of ideas to make Deep Space Vagabond more fun, I just don't feel motivated enough for implementing them and maintaining this project anymore. However, I don't want to see it die, so if anyone would like to take it over, let me know. Note that I will consider the online reputation of any interested parties as I wouldn't like this project to fall in the wrong hands.
Sad to here that Sad
What is the used language? I may be interested in applying

Glad to see that you're interested!

It's mostly written in AHK (are you familiar with it?), as I wanted to experiment a little bit more with that language, and it allowed for real quick GUI prototyping...  Also, as stated in the original post, the actual address generation is delegated to vanitygen (with samr7's permission).

Could you elaborate on what you would plan to do with it?

I'm very proficient in AHK; I'd be willing to help.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
December 12, 2013, 09:31:33 PM
I say start from scratch
legendary
December 12, 2013, 04:33:41 PM
AHK? It's been a while I didn't use it
I'd like to: include the address generation inside the code, allow using an own private key or even a file as a starting point, allow chosing the algo privatekey(n) -> privatekey(n+1) (I didn't read all the pages yet, I hope this isn't already done)
Maybe making it python btw, from what I saw it could be possible

No, it currently doesn't have those features implemented.
And yes, I think Python would be a good option as well - actually the very first prototype of Deep Space Vagabond was a quick Python hack done in late 2011. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
December 12, 2013, 05:41:40 AM
AHK? It's been a while I didn't use it
I'd like to: include the address generation inside the code, allow using an own private key or even a file as a starting point, allow chosing the algo privatekey(n) -> privatekey(n+1) (I didn't read all the pages yet, I hope this isn't already done)
Maybe making it python btw, from what I saw it could be possible
Pages:
Jump to: