Pages:
Author

Topic: 2.8 btc transaction fee paid, help please. Final update: REFUNDED by GHash.IO! - page 3. (Read 10197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Ghash is a big pool, there is a good possibility they haven't shared it yet

IIRC, block rewards are credited to account balance automatically upon block finding on ghash.io.

Exactly. Please read and comprehend before you give misleading answers, they share blocks rewards instantly, including transaction fees.

Because GHash.IO shares block rewards instantly, as I've already stated, the most obvious case here would be that GHash.IO would compensate OP from their own funds.

But I really don't understand why they would do so.
they should do so to get positive trust..i`m sure that 2.8 btc is not that to them..

First of all, its the mistake of the OP who added that much fee, mistake or without mistake it is OP's fault, who wanted to do urgent. Next i dont think ghash gonna send it to gain positive trust, its because it is not their fault, and its only the people who are kind in ghash gonna send it, as they can understand, mistake can happen.

I really hope you get your money back OP, the fees you paid are very high, and i think when you submitted it, you may got confirmed in seconds, Is that right?

If you bothered to read OP entirely, you might have noticed the TXID Smiley TX was added to a block in approx 12 minutes.
Just because you submit a tx with a huge-ass fee doesn't mean that all the miners in the world are going to mine a block for you in a few seconds.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

IIRC, block rewards are credited to account balance automatically upon block finding on ghash.io.

Exactly. Please read and comprehend before you give misleading answers, they share blocks rewards instantly, including transaction fees.

Because GHash.IO shares block rewards instantly, as I've already stated, the most obvious case here would be that GHash.IO would compensate OP from their own funds.

they should do so to get positive trust..i`m sure that 2.8 btc is not that to them..

First of all, its the mistake of the OP who added that much fee, mistake or without mistake it is OP's fault, who wanted to do urgent. Next i dont think ghash gonna send it to gain positive trust, its because it is not their fault, and its only the people who are kind in ghash gonna send it, as they can understand, mistake can happen.

I really hope you get your money back OP, the fees you paid are very high, and i think when you submitted it, you may got confirmed in seconds, Is that right?
Activity: 762
Merit: 500

Activity: 798

legendary

Activity: 625

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Ghash is a big pool, there is a good possibility they haven't shared it yet (or even if they did, they might still compensate you). I don't think you can do anything other than contacting them and hoping for the best.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
did you cantact GHash.IO? what did they say?

Yes, I opened a ticket that was forwarded to the supervisor and now is in the tech area.
2.8 in fees of transaction, is that even possible?

I've seen larger.  Much larger.

I've seen accidental transaction fees larger than 100 BTC.

Largest fee I think I've ever seen is BTC171.79869184, TXID 1d7749c65c90c32f5e2c036217a2574f3f4403da39174626b246eefa620b58d9.
Poor guy Tongue

Ouch that is painful. I hope he got his coins back. When did this happen?

2011-12-12 16:57:45.
Block Reward + Transaction Fees = 221.84649523BTC
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Largest fee I think I've ever seen is BTC171.79869184, TXID 1d7749c65c90c32f5e2c036217a2574f3f4403da39174626b246eefa620b58d9.
Poor guy Tongue

Ouch that is painful. I hope he got his coins back. When did this happen?
Activity: 762
did you cantact GHash.IO? what did they say?
Activity: 34
Huge mistake man, i hope you will get back your BTC.
legendary

Poor guy Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

Yes, it is.
Activity: 588
Merit: 354
Activity: 15
Hi community,
I have made the worst mistake of my life and I am here asking for help of any kind.

A couple of hours ago I was selling 2.8 bitcoins to a guy and made the mistake in the blockchain.info wallet of fill the fields of bitcoins amount and transaction fee inverted. The result is a transaction of 0.0003 btcs with a fee of 2.8 btcs.

This is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/es/tx/80477c3a1129cb81bc783d483999b0fa307c3f3398ce5b783475eac36b3bb0e0

GHash.IO found that block, I have the hope they could understand the situation and help me returning some bitcoins.

Those where the savings for live a couple of months.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I mine at Ghash and I can see block 299885 with your 2.8BTC added. Regardless of what CEX do (and its a tough scenario for them) post your wallet address and I will send you the 'extra' reward I got from that block. It is a tiny amount for me, but its not mine and your error is genuine and easily done.

Thanks!

Now this ticket was forwarded to the tech area.
If that not progress I will post the wallet to ask for the help of the miners of GHash.IO.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Let us know when you have received your money from Ghash. I'm sure this sort of thing happens often
Pages:
Jump to: