Pages:
Author

Topic: 2.8 btc transaction fee paid, help please. Final update: REFUNDED by GHash.IO! - page 5. (Read 10197 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I do think that you have an extremely good chance of getting your tx fee back Smiley Made the same mistake, and the same pool refunded me.

What a good news!

Now the ticket was forwarded to the CEX.IO supervisor.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I do think that you have an extremely good chance of getting your tx fee back Smiley Made the same mistake, and the same pool refunded me.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
There's chance you can get back your coins, I remember someone paid 20ish bitcoins as tx fee, and was included in a block found by p2p pool.
legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
I thought the latest Bitcoin update had a fix to disallow such huge fees. Hope you get them back.

I believe the Bitcoin Core reference client might have been changed so that it wouldn't allow you to create transactions like that.  However, he wasn't using Bitcoin Core.  He was using blockchain.info.

There is nothing that prevents peers from relaying such a transaction or miners from confirming such a transaction if you use a service that allows you to make the mistake.

People should probably contact blockchain.info support and ask them to implement a safety feature to prevent such mistakes ASAP.

If enough people contact them and demand such a feature, I suspect they will implement it pretty quickly.  It doesn't seem to be a very difficult thing to do.

What I saw at the transaction confirmation step in blockchain.info was a warning popup noticing about the big transaction fee amount. The first time it appears I was paying a transaction fee of 0.0005 btc, so when I saw that popup I reduced to 0.0003. It appears again and submitted the transaction anyway thinking it was very strange and don't analyzing the situation a lot cause I was hurry.
I will contact them to inform this.

Thanks

It's a strange circumstance, and I hope you get your coins back! I do agree that it's a bit weird that you could even do that, but I guess making limitations would be worse.

Be thankful a large pool found it so that you can still ask them.
I thought the latest Bitcoin update had a fix to disallow such huge fees. Hope you get them back.

I believe the Bitcoin Core reference client might have been changed so that it wouldn't allow you to create transactions like that.  However, he wasn't using Bitcoin Core.  He was using blockchain.info.

There is nothing that prevents peers from relaying such a transaction or miners from confirming such a transaction if you use a service that allows you to make the mistake.

People should probably contact blockchain.info support and ask them to implement a safety feature to prevent such mistakes ASAP.

If enough people contact them and demand such a feature, I suspect they will implement it pretty quickly.  It doesn't seem to be a very difficult thing to do.

What I saw at the transaction confirmation step in blockchain.info was a warning popup noticing about the big transaction fee amount. The first time it appears I was paying a transaction fee of 0.0005 btc, so when I saw that popup I reduced to 0.0003. It appears again and submitted the transaction anyway thinking it was very strange and don't analyzing the situation a lot cause I was hurry.
I will contact them to inform this.

Thanks

Thanks!

I submitted a ticket to them pointing to this thread.

I will inform here about any update.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I think Gash should do the right thing and return your coins.

This is an opportunity for them to look good (or bad).
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
Hi community,
I have made the worst mistake of my life and I am here asking for help of any kind.

A couple of hours ago I was selling 2.8 bitcoins to a guy and made the mistake in the blockchain.info wallet of fill the fields of bitcoins amount and transaction fee inverted. The result is a transaction of 0.0003 btcs with a fee of 2.8 btcs.

This is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/es/tx/80477c3a1129cb81bc783d483999b0fa307c3f3398ce5b783475eac36b3bb0e0

GHash.IO found that block, I have the hope they could understand the situation and help me returning some bitcoins.

Those where the savings for live a couple of months.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

The only thing you can do is contact GHash.IO and hope that the pool operator is willing to help you.

There are no other suggestions possible.

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Hi community,
I have made the worst mistake of my life and I am here asking for help of any kind.

A couple of hours ago I was selling 2.8 bitcoins to a guy and made the mistake in the blockchain.info wallet of fill the fields of bitcoins amount and transaction fee inverted. The result is a transaction of 0.0003 btcs with a fee of 2.8 btcs.

This is the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/es/tx/80477c3a1129cb81bc783d483999b0fa307c3f3398ce5b783475eac36b3bb0e0

GHash.IO found that block, I have the hope they could understand the situation and help me returning some bitcoins.

Those where the savings for live a couple of months.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Pages:
Jump to: