Pages:
Author

Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update (Read 55301 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The ants came marching one by one
I had this dream before picking up my first guitar.  I know it will happen.

So you picked up a guitar three months ago, although you had this dream before?

When was the Hookah Lounge dream? Before or after the guitar? Before or after you came up with your ponzi?

Tell us, Dank, how much research that those of us in the thread recommended you do have you actually done?

Or are you still complaining that it was all the negative vibes we all put out that caused your Hookah Lounge to vanish?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
So when you do start taking lessons then?

Who needs lessons when you can connect with Hendrix on the cosmic plane and channel his soul through your body?
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
Because becoming a great musician is not a goal..

It is a goal.  But it's not an achievable goal for you.  At least, not unless you're willing to go back on your meds.  Then you might actually be able to sustain your plans.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
So when you do start taking lessons then?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
I had this dream before picking up my first guitar.  I know it will happen.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Becoming a great musician isn't a goal, it's a dream that every teenager has for a time after picking up his first guitar, except most of them have a better ear for it than you.
Activity: 140
I did, it doesn't matter.

So, what was it? Parents signed you up for invalid benefits?
legendary
You cannot kill love
I did, it doesn't matter.
I never said anything about $40k, mlawrence.

Evolve, one of the parties was my parents, yes.  The other one, I don't even know, I just got a check, out of nowhere.

Also, since I skipped over this, fucking lol. Got a check out of no where for a couple of thousand dollars?

Let me guess, karma, and you're not even going to try to figure out what the fuck.
legendary
You cannot kill love
Because becoming a great musician is not a goal..
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Evolve, one of the parties was my parents, yes.  The other one, I don't even know, I just got a check, out of nowhere.

Ah, you did say $4200, not 4200BTC.  Ok then.

Still don't believe someone would waste money on someone with no talents, no skills and no goals.
legendary
You cannot kill love

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Thanks for the post, farlack.

Repentance, I didn't decide that, fate did.  I'm not even seeking donations, two parties chose to donate to me.  The hookah lounge will come, when the time is right.

Im guessing the "two parties" were your parents, and the "donation" was your allowance.

I'm guessing he is lying.  Bad Karma for him.

Who in their right mind would give him over $4,000USD?  Seriously?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero

Repentance, I didn't decide that, fate did.  I'm not even seeking donations, two parties chose to donate to me.  The hookah lounge will come, when the time is right.

Im guessing the "two parties" were your parents, and the "donation" was your allowance.
legendary
You cannot kill love

Repentance, I didn't decide that, fate did.  I'm not even seeking donations, two parties chose to donate to me.  The hookah lounge will come, when the time is right.
Too late I'm afraid.  dank's decided that opening a hookah lounge would take too much time away from his guitar practice.  He's currently seeking donations to organise the world's biggest music festival.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Hi there, I want to share some experiences from an outside view.

Recently a hooka lounge in my city opened, no major colleges, etc.. Just not a lot to do.

I went, it wasn't that big of a place, but it was decent space.

When I went the lounge was open for 2-3 weeks previous.

To get in was $5, hookas were $10, and refills were $5.
They had novelty hookas which were $15 or $20 I cant remember, hookas that popped more than others, dragons for designs etc.
They also did charges for things like milk instead of water for $2, ice in water/milk for $1-2 etc

They had a 3 person per hookah rule, with each seat being a couch, with a rectangle table.

It seemed almost everyone had a hookah, they were doing pretty good with hookah rentals. I myself spent about ~$50 for the night.
Pool tables, darts, etc were being played.

It seemed as if the lounge attracted younger audiences, 18-24

Good luck, hopefully any information I posted will be of use.
Holy fuck.  Even a teenager with no income source other than pocket money from their parents should be able to pay back amounts averaging out to $12 a week over the course of a year.  Your ability to pay back short-term pay-day style loans of small amounts (and $1000 is a small loan) does not speak to your ability to pay back large loans over a longer period of time.  

The fact that you need short-term, pay-day style loans in order to meet your living expenses makes you a substantial risk regardless of whether you've paid back in the past.  Either you can't budget properly or your income is grossly inadequate for your needs - and either of those things make you likely to default in the long term.  You likely haven't lived on your own long enough yet to realise that sudden, unexpected expenses happen quite frequently in adult life.  If you can't even meet your basic living expenses without using borrowed money, how on earth are you going to service your debt when some major unexpected expense comes along?  What about when one of your "investments" goes bad?  Conventional loans often have income protection insurance built into the loan and hardship provisions which can be invoked in the event of you suddenly finding yourself without an income.

There's a reason why conventional lenders generally want two years worth of proof of income from self-employed people before they'll consider lending them any significant amount of money - you might want to think about why that's the case.

As a reference point, my daughter was able to get an unsecured personal loan for $10,000 at age 18 with no co-signer.  She was working a shitty, low paying job at the time but what the bank looked at was that she'd been consistently employed since she was 16, even if some of her jobs were crappy , part-time McJobs and could easily afford the repayments.  When she went to buy her first car last year, she didn't even have to take out a car loan - she just took out another personal loan for the car so she owns it outright.  She's also had no trouble getting credit cards approved.

Don't tell me that no-one lends to 18 year olds with no credit history because it's simply not true.  What they want is evidence that you can service the debt.
Quote from: dank
It's odd that more people aren't eager to lend to me, seeing as I'm the only deposit taker that hasn't defaulted, and despite all the early accusations/presumptions, I still never scammed anybody.

Please, the only person who views you as a "deposit-taker" is you.  You're effectively just taking out pay day loans.  No-one's going to lend you any serious money unless you can prove that you have a guaranteed income stream (such as wages or a government benefit), a viable business plan, sufficient assets to secure a loan, a co-signer, or a combination of these things.  The fact that you haven't defaulted on small, short-term loans (in fact you've had to renegotiate the terms at times, and that's a red flag) is not an indicator of your ability to service large, long-term loans.  the fact that you're asking for money for something different on a regular basis also undermines confidence in your ability to stick at anything over the long term - including paying back loans taken out for things which may no longer interest you.

It's not at all odd that more people aren't eager to lend to you.  Their reticence to do so is both predictable and justified.  You've pretty much fucked up any possibility of borrowing large amounts here.  Learn from the mistakes you've made this time around and don't make those same mistakes when you eventually seek funding elsewhere.  And don't link back to your identity here in any way when you pursue funding elsewhere - doing so can only harm your chances of obtaining it.
And the eight investors I've had.  What makes you think a job is guaranteed income?  What happens when you get fired or the company goes out of business?  Government handouts, really?

I wouldn't call 100 BTC loans small, by any means.  Renegotiate the terms?  How?  By lowering interest rates for new deposits to increase sustainability?  Dank Bank interest rates are only going down from here, there may be a point when I won't even pay interest, but people will deposit because they support what I'm doing.

Let's not forget these facts: dank has borrowed and repaid over two dozen loans over the last year.  Dank Bank has handled over 340 BTC and repaid 190 BTC in principles.  All while offering mighty friendly interest rates.  People have been calling me a scammer since I started asking for loans, based off nothing and amounting to nothing.

How long until people accept I'm not?

Link all the threads where you got loans (I'm looking for start and end dates, amounts, repayment schedules and the likes) and Kii'll show you exactly the error in that reasoning.
Pages:
Jump to: