Pages:
Author

Topic: [307.79 LTC + 0.063 BTC Awarded] Litecoin wallet for Android - page 3. (Read 8540 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
Got some reports of battery drain.... My copy isn't synching properly either.  http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1bfac2/android_wallet_for_ltc_so_that_you_might_buysell/

Syncing is definitely an issue - it takes a REALLY long time and heats up the phone (performing scrypt constantly is probably a great way to drain your battery!).  Solutions to this problem are welcome, and should probably be directed at litecoinj instead of the app.

msm595: Is there any way we can speed this up?
Manateeeeeeees
Note that in the Bitcoin Wallet repo there is a bitcoinj-0.8 branch that will become version 3.0 soon. I'd cherry-pick some of the commits, like support for checkpoints.

Ah yes, and please replace my [email protected] email address by something you own. I'm already starting to receive reports...

Sorry about that - I'll get on that ASAP.
Manateeeeeeees
I can't be bothered fixing the drivers today, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I figured out how to send the report, it will however not send it to you but to schildbach.

Here's a snippet from the report:
IllegalArgumentException:Unknown URL content://de.schildbach.wallet.litecoin.address_book/*address*

Not sure if that helps at all.

Ah I think I know how I can fix that.  I'll try and do that some time this week, and I'll post here when it's fixed. Thanks!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet.litecoin

The app is live - feel free to try it out!  Let me know if anything's broken.  There shouldn't be too many bugs that don't also apply to Bitcoin Wallet for Android and/or bitcoinj since this app is completely derivative.

As far as bounty goes, I vote that msm595 gets half for litecoinj.  It was exactly what I've been waiting for in order to do this project!

Awesome, and thank you very much Wink
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Got some reports of battery drain.... My copy isn't synching properly either.  http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1bfac2/android_wallet_for_ltc_so_that_you_might_buysell/
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
Note that in the Bitcoin Wallet repo there is a bitcoinj-0.8 branch that will become version 3.0 soon. I'd cherry-pick some of the commits, like support for checkpoints.

Ah yes, and please replace my [email protected] email address by something you own. I'm already starting to receive reports...
Activity: 714
[qulongweex link=topic=157932.msg1713123#msg1713123 date=1364794303]
I have been downloading the chain for a few hours and have triggered the label change bug on a Motorola Atrix but also didn't send a report. I'm a little confused as to how the app is named. Am I correct in assuming more than one app can exist with the same com.example.sub.app identifier?
[/quote]

As long as the the sub and app variables are different, there shouldn't be an issue.
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
I have been downloading the chain for a few hours and have triggered the label change bug on a Motorola Atrix but also didn't send a report. I'm a little confused as to how the app is named. Am I correct in assuming more than one app can exist with the same com.example.sub.app identifier?
Activity: 168
I can't be bothered fixing the drivers today, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I figured out how to send the report, it will however not send it to you but to schildbach.

Here's a snippet from the report:
IllegalArgumentException:Unknown URL content://de.schildbach.wallet.litecoin.address_book/*address*

Not sure if that helps at all.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
We're giving this a shot. Hopefully it will be synced with the network by morning.
Great work!
Manateeeeeeees
the adb drivers have gone completely haywire so I'll try re-installing those after I'm done watching Game of Thrones.

Fantastic - thanks!
the adb drivers have gone completely haywire so I'll try re-installing those after I'm done watching Game of Thrones.
Manateeeeeeees
It did give me the popup, but I couldn't figure out how to send it. It gave me a bluetooth and a messenger option and I don't see how either would work.

OK weird.  I'm not familiar with how that's supposed to work.  I just tried adding an alias and it worked.  It might have something to do with the clipboard class being moved - I wonder if they removed android.text.ClipboardManager in your version.  If you could get me a logcat using adb with your phone in developer mode, that would help a lot.  If it's a ClassNotFoundException on that class, I'll try and convert the app to use it.

I just made another commit of a few things.  Mainly, I added exchange rates in BTC, RUR, and EUR to go with USD.  They're all fetched from BTC-E.  EUR took some work since there's no LTC/EUR pair on BTC-E, so I have to manually convert from BTC/EUR and LTC/BTC.  V1.01 should be pushed to the play store soon.

Thanks!
It did give me the popup, but I couldn't figure out how to send it. It gave me a bluetooth and a messenger option and I don't see how either would work.
Manateeeeeeees
I can't add a label to an address on my Galaxy S2. It crashes.

Other than that it seems to be working just fine. Successfully transferred a coin just now. The Bitcoin logo still shows when you receive a coin though.

Yeah that bitcoin logo svg needs fixing.  I'll get around to that soon.  Thanks for trying it.

As far as the label, I'll mess around with that.  Could you try filing a crash report?  I want to see if I actually receive it in the play developer console.  Or does it even give you the crash report popup when you restart it after a crash?
I can't add a label to an address on my Galaxy S2. It crashes.

Other than that it seems to be working just fine. Successfully transferred a coin just now. The Bitcoin logo still shows when you receive a coin though.
Manateeeeeeees
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet.litecoin

The app is live - feel free to try it out!  Let me know if anything's broken.  There shouldn't be too many bugs that don't also apply to Bitcoin Wallet for Android and/or bitcoinj since this app is completely derivative.

As far as bounty goes, I vote that msm595 gets half for litecoinj.  It was exactly what I've been waiting for in order to do this project!
Manateeeeeeees
Ah yes that is much faster at syncing - 500 blocks in just a couple minutes.  NOW we should see the entire thing synced in around 2 hours I think.
Manateeeeeeees
Code is hosted here:

https://github.com/hank/litecoin-wallet

Feel free to fork, fix, and give me a pull request.
Activity: 185
Ug syncing is going to take hours.  I guess that's the problem with having blocks solved at a higher rate.  Currently 1% done after 20 minutes or so.
In BlockchainServiceImpl.java, replace BoundedOverheadBlockStore with SPVBlockStore, it offers the same functionality, but faster.
Pages:
Jump to: