Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 cent accepts Bitcoin as payment for his new album - page 2. (Read 4488 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 256
Meh. I've been accepting bitcoin directly for one of my albums for just shy of two years.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/293

OK, so I don't have quite as high a profile as Fitty.

Hmm... maybe I oughta reprice that sucker. It was a good value at the time I put it up. XD
Good advertising, bro. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
Meh. I've been accepting bitcoin directly for one of my albums for just shy of two years.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/293

OK, so I don't have quite as high a profile as Fitty.

Hmm... maybe I oughta reprice that sucker. It was a good value at the time I put it up. XD
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/50-cent-bitcoin-payments-new-album-animal-ambition/

50 Cent’s Shopify store will accept bitcoin payments for the new release, with BitPay acting as the payments processor.
So that is very cool I think more and more artists are accepting bitcoins.

I think alot of people have grown up with 50 cents music like his song in da club.
But what would be really cool, if they give the people that buy bitcoin a signed copy of his album.

just something like that so it would also attract new people to Bitcoin.
Or do you think this news will just make people buy bitcoin that listen to 50 cent?

The actual sales of albums will likely have very little effect on the acceptance of bitcoin.

The positive of this news is that it will create more awareness about bitcoin.
Too bad this isn't true. I was hoping it was.

WTF man? The news is true and 50 cent is actually selling his latest album for Bitcoin (through the processor Bitpay). It is true that he is not directly accepting Bitcoin, but you can buy his album for BTCs.

no 50cent is not selling his album for bitcoins.

his record company is PUBLICISING the record in RELATION to bitcoins.. yes
his record company is using SHOPIFY to sell the record
Shopify are using bitpay to accept bitcoins..

but all in all
50cent receives FIAT from record company
record company receives FIAT from Shopify
Shopify receives FIAT from Bitpay

the distance between 50cent and bitcoins financially is 3 companies apart.. its only th publicity stunt, also known as advertising that has a direct link to the name 50 cent, not the person
It might be 3 companies apart, but it's still closer than any other world famous artist. :p
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

WTF man? The news is true and 50 cent is actually selling his latest album for Bitcoin (through the processor Bitpay). It is true that he is not directly accepting Bitcoin, but you can buy his album for BTCs.

no 50cent is not selling his album for bitcoins.

his record company is PUBLICISING the record in RELATION to bitcoins.. yes
his record company is using SHOPIFY to sell the record
Shopify are using bitpay to accept bitcoins..

but all in all
50cent receives FIAT from record company
record company receives FIAT from Shopify
Shopify receives FIAT from Bitpay

the distance between 50cent and bitcoins financially is 3 companies apart.. its only th publicity stunt, also known as advertising that has a direct link to the name 50 cent, not the person
Everything said here is true, he's just not accepting it 'directly'.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000
www.bitkong.com
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
Wow thats really good promoting on bitcoin a SUPERSTARS accept BITCOIN !
It's the beginning of the real adoption. Smiley
It is, lets wait for more and more company will start accepting Bitcoin.
It's the beginning of the real adoption. Smiley
legendary
Question is, does the new album have a track called "Pumpin' 'n' Dumpin ('s how we roll, now)"

lol... he can do as much Pumpin' as he want, but there is not going to be any Dumpin for sure. There is a lot of demand for Bitcoin right now. Even a dump of BTC10,000 can't do much permanent damage to the exchange rates. (I really doubt whether he has that many).
legendary
Activity: 1615
I'm sure if those celebrities "advertised" Bitcoin, it would become Huge. I remember 50 once advertised a penny stock he has stake in on his Twitter, and made 9 million off of it as his fans went to grab it up.

That is unethical. That is market manipulation.

The penny stock mentioned here is HNHI. Quite a worthless stock, and the company does not do anything other than importing the "Sleek by 50" headphones that 50 Cent endorses.

What do you expect from a gangsta? You have to keep up with the times, like the man himself said. Beats waiting to get gunned down by some teenager driving by...

Question is, does the new album have a track called "Pumpin' 'n' Dumpin ('s how we roll, now)"
Activity: 896
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
This is a good one from 50 cent. So we can buy it with btc but where is the delivery robot?  Grin (if you remember his old tweet)..
legendary
Whether or not you like him and plan to actually buy the album doesn't matter. What matters is that he is promoting Bitcoin to his huge fan base and encouraging other artists / entrepreneurs to accept bitcoin as payment. 50 Cent reaches out to millions of people so when he does something, people notice.

If he is promoting Bitcoin, then I suspect that he is having his own reasons for it. He might have amassed a large number of bitcoins, and might be waiting to offload them. He has already did the same with HNHI.
Activity: 28
Smart guy.  Smiley
Activity: 18
Yeah I heard about this happening too. Pretty fucking awesome if you ask me! I can't wait to see who starts accepting cryptocurrency next! Nothing sexier than a man with some Crypto$$ in his wallet  Wink BTCBTCBTC
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
Wow, that pretty awesome, but i think i would find cooler things to buy with bitcoin. Not a fan of 50 cent

Whether or not you like him and plan to actually buy the album doesn't matter. What matters is that he is promoting Bitcoin to his huge fan base and encouraging other artists / entrepreneurs to accept bitcoin as payment. 50 Cent reaches out to millions of people so when he does something, people notice.
Activity: 56
Wow, that pretty awesome, but i think i would find cooler things to buy with bitcoin. Not a fan of 50 cent
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
I have a source on his next album title. "Get Rich or Die Mining"

Lol, if he endorses Bitcoin that may very well be his next album title Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: