Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 cent accepts Bitcoin as payment for his new album - page 3. (Read 4488 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 503
he is a intelligent person,thats why he does
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
I have a source on his next album title. "Get Rich or Die Mining"
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
Whether he gets paid in cash or BTC this is still a step in the right direction. I love this actually and it's a great way to show other artists the ropes so they can eventually accept BTC as well. It's only a matter of time before BTC starts becoming accepted for almost anything online.
And when it does, price will skyrocket. Better buy now while it's still affordable, heh.
Activity: 112
Whether he gets paid in cash or BTC this is still a step in the right direction. I love this actually and it's a great way to show other artists the ropes so they can eventually accept BTC as well. It's only a matter of time before BTC starts becoming accepted for almost anything online.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I'm not a fan, but I do see it as a good sign of Bitcoin adoption.
I hope other artists will follow suit Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Yeah I was looking at cryptocoins for some time.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
hopefully to see many artist accepting this then maybe bitcoin will bring back to its original price of 1k usd because of its demand

lol... 50 cent alone can take Bitcoin to $1,000.

He is having more than 5 million Twitter followers. If just 1% of his followers buy BTC1 each, then the exchange rate will hit $1,000. (Just like what he did with the penny stock HNHI).
Activity: 107
Cookie...Cookie.
Very smart way to make money in the age of piracy if this goes well then more record labels will use bitcoin to sell records and that will be highly beneficial to the bitcoin community.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/50-cent-bitcoin-payments-new-album-animal-ambition/

50 Cent’s Shopify store will accept bitcoin payments for the new release, with BitPay acting as the payments processor.
So that is very cool I think more and more artists are accepting bitcoins.

I think alot of people have grown up with 50 cents music like his song in da club.
But what would be really cool, if they give the people that buy bitcoin a signed copy of his album.

just something like that so it would also attract new people to Bitcoin.
Or do you think this news will just make people buy bitcoin that listen to 50 cent?

Maybe for Bitcoin ehthusiast, he/she will spend 5o cent listening to music.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
if this is true then bitcoin are going mainstream now  Smiley
hopefully to see many artist accepting this then maybe bitcoin will bring back to its original price of 1k usd because of its demand
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Fitty cent is yesterday's news. Lil Jon is the shit now. Turn down for what?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/50-cent-bitcoin-payments-new-album-animal-ambition/

50 Cent’s Shopify store will accept bitcoin payments for the new release, with BitPay acting as the payments processor.
So that is very cool I think more and more artists are accepting bitcoins.

I think alot of people have grown up with 50 cents music like his song in da club.
But what would be really cool, if they give the people that buy bitcoin a signed copy of his album.

just something like that so it would also attract new people to Bitcoin.
Or do you think this news will just make people buy bitcoin that listen to 50 cent?

That's progress though, right? This is a step towards artists accepting bitcoins as payment.
legendary
Most of his followers are probably kids and plastic gangsters so I'm not sure how they managed to buy stocks.

Most of them. Not all. Remember that the total market cap of that stock (before the tweet) was like $ 10 million. Even if 5% of his twitter followers had spent just $1,000 each to buy the stocks, that signals a massive investment of $250 million.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
With 50 cents accepting bitcoins as payment for his new album we I hope will see soon others VIP following it.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
That sounds very unethical indeed. Depends how he advertised it though.

He had a few million Twitter followers. He tweeted in his account, urging is followers to buy the shares. May did so, and the price climbed to almost $2.00 per share from just $0.10 in no time.  Grin

Most of his followers are probably kids and plastic gangsters so I'm not sure how they managed to buy stocks.
legendary

He had a few million Twitter followers. He tweeted in his account, urging is followers to buy the shares. May did so, and the price climbed to almost $2.00 per share from just $0.10 in no time.  Grin
TYT
Activity: 78
I'm sure if those celebrities "advertised" Bitcoin, it would become Huge. I remember 50 once advertised a penny stock he has stake in on his Twitter, and made 9 million off of it as his fans went to grab it up.

That is unethical. That is market manipulation.

The penny stock mentioned here is HNHI. Quite a worthless stock, and the company does not do anything other than importing the "Sleek by 50" headphones that 50 Cent endorses.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Should we call him 50 Bit?

Grin Grin Grin

When was the last time he released an album, I don't listen to his music.
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Come original.
It's good PR for sure and shows that 50Cent has brains
Not sure if this is a big deal for adoption though
Will fans adopt just because their heroes are given the obstacles that exist to acquiring and securing btc?

50 Cent probably didn't instigate it, but he's made many other business decisions that have made him a lot of money.

I'm sure if those celebrities "advertised" Bitcoin, it would become Huge. I remember 50 once advertised a penny stock he has stake in on his Twitter, and made 9million off of it as his fans went to grab it up.

Is that even legal? Thats just like a pump and dump isnt it?
legendary
I'm sure if those celebrities "advertised" Bitcoin, it would become Huge. I remember 50 once advertised a penny stock he has stake in on his Twitter, and made 9 million off of it as his fans went to grab it up.

That is unethical. That is market manipulation.

The penny stock mentioned here is HNHI. Quite a worthless stock, and the company does not do anything other than importing the "Sleek by 50" headphones that 50 Cent endorses.
Pages:
Jump to: