Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 cent accepts Bitcoin as payment for his new album - page 5. (Read 4489 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
"release june 3rd"

.. well for me its now the 4th.. so i guess i can go to shop.50cent.com and pay in bitcoins.

.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on main page
.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on the shopping cart page
.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on the billing address page
........... oh wait right at the end. there you are my bitcoin friend..

hang on.. 50cents is not accepting bitcoin. Shopify is accepting a bank wire transfer from bitpay, and then passing 50cent his royalties cheque in dollars..

Oh that actually sucks, I tought he himself accepted it.
But atleast it's a step in the right direction if every artist would be accepting bitcoins.
Some use bitpay, some may even store them.
But i dont think it attracts alot of new people to bitcoin.
But a few everytime is also good I guess.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/50-cent-bitcoin-payments-new-album-animal-ambition/

50 Cent’s Shopify store will accept bitcoin payments for the new release, with BitPay acting as the payments processor.
So that is very cool I think more and more artists are accepting bitcoins.

I think alot of people have grown up with 50 cents music like his song in da club.
But what would be really cool, if they give the people that buy bitcoin a signed copy of his album.

just something like that so it would also attract new people to Bitcoin.
Or do you think this news will just make people buy bitcoin that listen to 50 cent?

but i want to buy iTunes with my bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
"release june 3rd"

.. well for me its now the 4th.. so i guess i can go to shop.50cent.com and pay in bitcoins.

.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on main page
.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on the shopping cart page
.. i see no mention of a bitcoin price or any sign of 'bitcoin accepted here' on the billing address page
........... oh wait right at the end. there you are my bitcoin friend..

hang on.. 50cents is not accepting bitcoin. Shopify is accepting a bank wire transfer from bitpay, and then passing 50cent his royalties cheque in dollars..
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/50-cent-bitcoin-payments-new-album-animal-ambition/

50 Cent’s Shopify store will accept bitcoin payments for the new release, with BitPay acting as the payments processor.

I think alot of people have grown up with 50 cents music like his song in da club.
But what would be really cool, if they give the people that buy bitcoin a signed copy of his album.

Or do you think this news will just make people buy bitcoin that listen to 50 cent?

Interesting, will this begin the start of a new craze, so every artist starts to accept Bitcoin?  Grin
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Well he's not really accepting bitcoins is he? He's accepting cash, and letting you give him cash via BitPay.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511

Pages:
Jump to: