Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 GPU Mining Farm Earns Less Than $10 A Day - VoskCoin Mining Farm Profits (Read 2716 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Yes, you are making a little profit but what's important is that you are still luckily making a profit in the spite of all this bs that is happening around the crypto sphere. As long as mining is profitable for an individual, I can see this as a nice side hustle Wink

yes I agree, however if you haven't already done well prior or bought into super cheap used equipment I do not think it is very appealing especially @ the rate asic miners have been rolling out this year . .
copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 59
Guys,

You are not looking in the right places.
Earning less than $10 a day from 50 gpus !!!

Wow, i earn at least $2 a day from each ryzen i run.
I even have 1 ryzen pumping out $7 a day using 100 watt.... (profit around $6 a day)

Time to find different gpu algos to mine, or sell those gpus for cpus.
Remember there are over 6000 crypto coins, and 92% off all hash is aimed at just 15 coins...think about it.
J
Or another way steel power from neighbor . ha
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Guys,

You are not looking in the right places.
Earning less than $10 a day from 50 gpus !!!

Wow, i earn at least $2 a day from each ryzen i run.
I even have 1 ryzen pumping out $7 a day using 100 watt.... (profit around $6 a day)

Time to find different gpu algos to mine, or sell those gpus for cpus.
Remember there are over 6000 crypto coins, and 92% off all hash is aimed at just 15 coins...think about it.

J
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
if had enough sucess to weather the storm, i hope haha.  Not the first time this has happened and probably not the last.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
not a side hustle for me.  Been a full time deal for 2-3 years....

Damn Smiley Shocked
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
not a side hustle for me.  Been a full time deal for 2-3 years....
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Yes, you are making a little profit but what's important is that you are still luckily making a profit in the spite of all this bs that is happening around the crypto sphere. As long as mining is profitable for an individual, I can see this as a nice side hustle Wink
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Team green wins for resale value
gddr5x for the win baby!

1080 TI have held up excellent compared to most of the other cards in my opinion. Especially if you bought in early when they could be had for $600-$650 online retail w/ a CC or simple sale
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
Team green wins for resale value
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
Have the profit gone below $5 yet?

It's very sad to see a "200 mH/s" rig not even making $1 today (on any coin)  Sad
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Most people assume mining hardware is a fixed sunk cost when it often can be converted back into operating capitol - although at a value lower than acquisition price. As far as I can tell - the only hardware that absolutely becomes trash after 1 year is an ASIC miner. USB risers, motherboards, CPUs, RAM and of course video cards all have some value after 6 months or 12 months of mining.

Every 2 months (or more frequently if the market is crashing) I evaluate if I am losing more in devaluation of my hardware than I am earning mining profits. In Vosk's case he's earning one tasty Chipotle burrito a day - and I'm sure tails takes most of that. But 50 cards may be losing 2 to 3 burritos a day in value.

I think the 1070 and higher cards will hold their value decently well, but the 1060s and 1050s are going to crash hard (4k and 144Hz monitors demand more than a 1060).

But it always must be considered how hard is it to liquidate a video card in a deflating market. Right now it's. In January I was selling 2 year old RX 470s with 1 year of warranty for $450 cash (the nice MSI Gamer X ones, not crappy blower ones) in Los Angeles. I posted them as mining cards and told the buyer the optimal settings I had found.

If you try to sell a card now you'll probably say "was never used for mining" and when they ask you what games you played at Ultra High you say CS:GO  Grin

Losing total burritos by the day is a depressing statistic DrG!

Sad to think about that hardware price drop, reference top of ebay search today

YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Those are all mine....

How about solo mining? Have you ever felt interested in doing solo mining? With your current Hashing speed, I sure you have more choices.

nah even 50gh is too small in my opinion.  I'd rather just go for the sure thing so to speak lol.

VOSK sorry to hijack lol!  When you coming to my facility fooker!
haha never a hijack man Cheesy

Hopefully sooner than later, I want to check it out and would make for some awesome content!
Merit: 110

I think the reason why we are getting such a drop is because people are sitting at negative ROI and it leads to these sell pressures.

Basically if you ever frequent the ethereum reddit most people on there basically dump their ETH for USD as soon as they get a payout from the pool because they need to pay for their 1080Ti and their electricity.

In a panicky market such as today, there are less willing buyers but the same amount of miners which dump prematurely and cause these huge 25% declines.

Also there are people who bought all their GPUs on Newegg and bought $20K worth of equipment and are paying interest at 20% APR which is like $300 a month in interest which isn't even enough from their mining profits. The same happened in 2014.

This is the perfect example on why people are not buying eth right now, they think those stupid people who bought thousands of dollars in mining equipment will have to sell their eth regardless of the price to pay the bills ehhe, funny is after they sold all their eth and quit mining then eth goes back to 1500 usd and up hehe and then those stupid people want to get back and mining and the cycle restarts hehe, they will never learn their lesson hehe

They must never sell their eth at his price, they should right now get a new loan and use it to pay the debts they have then as eth gets back to 2k plus usd then they can sell.

I agree with adaseb on this and do believe that miners have partly caused the value of ETH to trickle down. The selling pressure from all the miners definitely has to have some impact on value and the ETH devs and analysts know this, which is why they have also proposed the reduction of the ETH block reward.

At the end of it all, i'm just happy that the ETH dev team is still working hard on improvements. Surely one day this will all pay off.
Activity: 230
Please guys don't spoil our mood here talking about Btrash Tongue
copper member
Merit: 59
haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!

That's not true. You are cool Vosk, but yes your cool level a bit below Roger Ver.  Grin
Is someone here realize that Vosk a bit similar with Roger Ver? or may Alejandro Manzano (Boyce Avenue)

I'm a small miner. I've sold 80% of my GPU with 20% still 'for sale'.

Are the rest of your GPU still operated? Or you just put it somewhere with a lot of dust on it? (that's reminded me with a few of my dying GPUs). If it possible, use the rest of your GPU for a small task such as Solitaire nor a bit hard task / doing multitasking Solitaire + Wordpad or notepad. Before all of your card sold.
How am I similar to Roger Ver :O lol
Roger has B-cash you have Vosk coin  Wink
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!

That's not true. You are cool Vosk, but yes your cool level a bit below Roger Ver.  Grin
Is someone here realize that Vosk a bit similar with Roger Ver? or may Alejandro Manzano (Boyce Avenue)

I'm a small miner. I've sold 80% of my GPU with 20% still 'for sale'.

Are the rest of your GPU still operated? Or you just put it somewhere with a lot of dust on it? (that's reminded me with a few of my dying GPUs). If it possible, use the rest of your GPU for a small task such as Solitaire nor a bit hard task / doing multitasking Solitaire + Wordpad or notepad. Before all of your card sold.
How am I similar to Roger Ver :O lol
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

Well now, it's not quite as simple as seeing $10 on the street and just easily and pleasantly picking it up.  Especially not with a 50 GPU farm setup.  Heck, not even with a 6 GPU garden setup.  There are tweaks, updates, monitoring... things are constantly changing.

It's more like seeing a $10 bill on the road every day and then realizing that you'll have to first go to a computer, google search some things, go to the GPU rig (wherever that may be), tweak this, replace that...

Basically just have to consider the labor that goes into it.  For some that labor is heavy and for some maybe not as much but everyone's time is valuable.

Grendel25 really nailed it, if someone doesnt think their farm isn't a big time sink (sometimes randomly too) then lets trade farms lol

Before I downsized my farm was much more burdensome, and in this market its better to band-aid something instead of splurging on some sort of upgrade.
Activity: 94
Havning a single rig of 9 1060 built in the worst of times (Feb 2018) I'm far from breaking even (mined coins+sale value of cards - cost of cards).
I make use of the 1kW of heat so I deceive myself by not counting the electricity and even then it's a long time before the figures will be black.
I even bought coins for the value of two cards to make the numbers look more interesting (and those coins have not dropped in value, yet) Smiley

But it starts to feel a bit stupid to jump between coins when the difference is a few cent per day (time lost by looking at the coin profits is worth more)...

The hope is to (eventually) beat an index fund, but if you start in Feb2018 you have no chance to get into black until the next boom, if there will be one.
I have at least raised the temp in my basement, making the whole house warmer.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I pay 0.005$ per kW so electricity doesn't really cut my gains Smiley , still mining till I ROI my cards or profits are less than 5 cents  Grin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 31
crypto evolving, shows new behaviors. We need to adapt to new one.
Market is not like old. More traders jumping into the network.
So we have to realize our profits sometimes and can try to increase coin amount sometmes by trading too.
Pages:
Jump to: