Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 GPU Mining Farm Earns Less Than $10 A Day - VoskCoin Mining Farm Profits - page 3. (Read 2716 times)

Activity: 847
Merit: 383
...I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.
~snip~
50gh on eth thats asics? , I like this drop since asics can only mine eth ,
hope it goes to $100 so those E3s become papper weights while we switch to monero

No asics.  All machines.  I am still optemistic on eth so thats what i mine.  Jumping from coin to coin daily is just not worth it for me as i have too many machines to move even in linux with a global change. 

With 50 GHs on Ethash, seem good!  Shocked
Are all that machines is yours? Or your client? Since I know, you were offering a hosting service, Minerdude right?

Have you tried for solo mining? e.g., on another Ethash coin (other than ETH)

Those are all mine.  I have a client with 42 or so gh as well.  Another that just sent 200 S9 and 100 ltc.  They have not arrived tho.  A few others in here too.
Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
...I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.
~snip~
hope it goes to $100 so those E3s become papper weights while we switch to monero

No asics.  All machines.  I am still optemistic on eth so thats what i mine.  Jumping from coin to coin daily is just not worth it for me as i have too many machines to move even in linux with a global change. 

With 50 GHs on Ethash, seem good!  Shocked
Are all that machines is yours? Or your client? Since I know, you were offering a hosting service, Minerdude right?

Have you tried for solo mining? e.g., on another Ethash coin (other than ETH)
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.
I wouldn't. I just don't like ETH anymore. The chain is bloated, the devs don't know what they want, keep pushing back on deadlines, and to top it off, are still unable to distribute a working core wallet. The latest version does not allow you to send coins or tokens. Go figure.

If I was able to sell the ETH that are stuck in my wallet, I'd buy XMR. Or RVN. In a heartbeat.

crazy , well you could move maybe 20% of them to monero ,

personally i have 40 machines and i have 10 on awesominer mining btc via profit switiching 20 on monero and 10 on eth

I have a few asics for LTC and BTC but rest machines.  here is a link of my building =)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-man-a-dream-and-a-4mw-facility-my-journey-setting-this-badboy-up-4789787

I was contemplating splitting some into monero as I got about half machines AMD the others nvidia.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.
I wouldn't. I just don't like ETH anymore. The chain is bloated, the devs don't know what they want, keep pushing back on deadlines, and to top it off, are still unable to distribute a working core wallet. The latest version does not allow you to send coins or tokens. Go figure.

If I was able to sell the ETH that are stuck in my wallet, I'd buy XMR. Or RVN. In a heartbeat.

crazy , well you could move maybe 20% of them to monero ,

personally i have 40 machines and i have 10 on awesominer mining btc via profit switiching 20 on monero and 10 on eth

xrp is $20 more profitable than eth atm and this diffeence will grow with the new
monero fork in the next few weeks.

Eth mining is Asic anyways , 60 percent i suspect is asics , All these asic owners will be dumping what they mine even harder now , think aboit all the inno Asics pre ordered aboit to hit the network soon.

glad i own gpus not asics , flexibility is important in down turns
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.

There will be more goldman sach days ahead that is for sure.  While grim crypto is down down 90% of alt for a lot of coins, if or once this turns around i can see mining turning aroumd again as well.  Just got to stick through the mud to get there again

Activity: 924
Merit: 15
i don't think ETH will survive this dump, and in the unlikely situation that it survives,  i expect no more than 400$ by the end of the year and i'm being very optimistic.

Forget my predictions on my signature. They were too optimistic.
Activity: 588
Merit: 335
Steady State Finance
Don't get stuck in Ethash algo, try mining Shitcoins (SoloMining), although it's a bit tricky when calculating and predicting, I feel this strategy is quite profitable when compared to mining in Ethash.

Forget my predictions on my signature. They were too optimistic.
Grin
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Well if they are dumping coins then it means they have a better thing to invest or they think nobody will buy altcoins now and will not give any return to them and the money will be idle, funny though, when the dump starts then only dumps, when the pumps starts then only pumps, people know that and the reason they start buying few months prior to the next 50x earnings cryptocoins give 2 to 4 years.

People have to accept any loss they had in their minds but the truth is, you only lose when you sell and if people bought for example bitcoin for $20k and sell now, that is 66% less money, so they have to hold out for the good times.

I will not dump the coins I mine. I bearly make any profit with high electricity price.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Well if they are dumping coins then it means they have a better thing to invest or they think nobody will buy altcoins now and will not give any return to them and the money will be idle, funny though, when the dump starts then only dumps, when the pumps starts then only pumps, people know that and the reason they start buying few months prior to the next 50x earnings cryptocoins give 2 to 4 years.

People have to accept any loss they had in their minds but the truth is, you only lose when you sell and if people bought for example bitcoin for $20k and sell now, that is 66% less money, so they have to hold out for the good times.
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

I have 50gh on eth and seeing that price drop is very crappy, damn you goldman sachs!  It will recover and honestly if i had extra $ i'd buy all the eth i could.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
1 Word.  ok its not even a word..  HODL.

I feel the pain on the gpu (and asic) farming, we need to make mining great again.  

A year ago people said dont buy GPU/ASIC, take the money and invest it in the coin instead.  I didn't listen, I doubled down....

Well if you had followed that advice to take the same money instead of buying mining equipment, just buy coins at the prices a year ago --- you would of lost 60-70% of that investment.   At least putting it into mining hardware, you have some coin, some experience (that will help in some way some day in a career, or side project), and you can keep running it in the 'red' and HODL.  Don't bother trying to sell the gear on ebay - its like trying to sell your coin at the bottom, its just too late.  Ride it out.

Totally False.

If you had sold all your GPUs one year ago (early Sept 2017), you would have been able to to buy coins at a price at, or lower than, what they are today (BTC was trading in the $2k region, ETH was trading almost exactly where we are now in low $200's). If you had bought coins and then sold at or near the highs which didn't come until December for BTC or January 2018 for ETH, you would have made way more than you could possibly mine in that same short time period. Also selling at the highs and re-buying now again at your original entry point, you would have not only made a ton of money, but also been able to buy back all your original coins. So no matter what you would have been in a better postillion than simply mining.

People who bought rigs one year ago and mined may have made a bit of profit during the run-up, possibly even paying off their gear, but they didn't make the equivalent to what someone who stuck to coins would have.

The only miners who really came out are the ones who were mining way before the start of 2017, when you could mine a block (5 ETH) every day or two with just one rig. So even people with a modest 3-4 rig setup were probably mining 10 ETH per day on average or 300 ETH per month. Yeah, they made out real well if they had the patience to wait it out and sell off near the top. Even selling at $1k per ETH would have made them a tasty $300,000 return on their 1 month pre-2017 mining. But miners just getting in mid-2017 the difficulty was already ramping up they might have had a month or two of profits, but that quickly dried up. Also the block reward reduction from 5 ETH to 3 ETH further put the pressure on profits.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

I think the reason why we are getting such a drop is because people are sitting at negative ROI and it leads to these sell pressures.

Basically if you ever frequent the ethereum reddit most people on there basically dump their ETH for USD as soon as they get a payout from the pool because they need to pay for their 1080Ti and their electricity.

In a panicky market such as today, there are less willing buyers but the same amount of miners which dump prematurely and cause these huge 25% declines.

Also there are people who bought all their GPUs on Newegg and bought $20K worth of equipment and are paying interest at 20% APR which is like $300 a month in interest which isn't even enough from their mining profits. The same happened in 2014.

This is the perfect example on why people are not buying eth right now, they think those stupid people who bought thousands of dollars in mining equipment will have to sell their eth regardless of the price to pay the bills ehhe, funny is after they sold all their eth and quit mining then eth goes back to 1500 usd and up hehe and then those stupid people want to get back and mining and the cycle restarts hehe, they will never learn their lesson hehe

They must never sell their eth at his price, they should right now get a new loan and use it to pay the debts they have then as eth gets back to 2k plus usd then they can sell.
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
1 Word.  ok its not even a word..  HODL.

I feel the pain on the gpu (and asic) farming, we need to make mining great again.  

A year ago people said dont buy GPU/ASIC, take the money and invest it in the coin instead.  I didn't listen, I doubled down....

Well if you had followed that advice to take the same money instead of buying mining equipment, just buy coins at the prices a year ago --- you would of lost 60-70% of that investment.   At least putting it into mining hardware, you have some coin, some experience (that will help in some way some day in a career, or side project), and you can keep running it in the 'red' and HODL.  Don't bother trying to sell the gear on ebay - its like trying to sell your coin at the bottom, its just too late.  Ride it out.

Such conversations occur every year.
I think mining on the GPU/CPU will never die. New coins come out, new algorithms appear only under the GPU or the CPU.
Video cards can mine everything, they are omnivorous, unlike ASICs.
And in the mining on video cards there is a share of enthusiasm...I like it.
Honestly, I never used my RIGs to make profit. I never sell new coins on next day. I'm watching the launch of new altcoins, mine them and HODL.

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
I'm still making money after power costs; even on CPUs -- still going at it.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
I think the reason why we are getting such a drop is because people are sitting at negative ROI and it leads to these sell pressures.

Basically if you ever frequent the ethereum reddit most people on there basically dump their ETH for USD as soon as they get a payout from the pool because they need to pay for their 1080Ti and their electricity.

In a panicky market such as today, there are less willing buyers but the same amount of miners which dump prematurely and cause these huge 25% declines.

Also there are people who bought all their GPUs on Newegg and bought $20K worth of equipment and are paying interest at 20% APR which is like $300 a month in interest which isn't even enough from their mining profits. The same happened in 2014.

Action and reaction.

Yep and those people won’t be back.  Keep this shit up and the users of crypto will beg for regulation.  Problem with price is this system is running out of fools.  End game is for a cheap reliable way to transfer money.  If the price is at moon how will it be economical.  Stop fooling yourself into thinking you will get rich.  Their is far smarter people with more money than they know what to do with.  They are reading these posts and laughing at our expense.  It’s a shameful act but such is life.   And those of you laughing at bitmain. Soon you will be in the same predicament. If bitmain cant figure it out. What makes you so sure you have it figured out.   Buyer Beware!!!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Action and reaction.

Pages:
Jump to: