Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 GPU Mining Farm Earns Less Than $10 A Day - VoskCoin Mining Farm Profits - page 2. (Read 2716 times)

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Most people assume mining hardware is a fixed sunk cost when it often can be converted back into operating capitol - although at a value lower than acquisition price. As far as I can tell - the only hardware that absolutely becomes trash after 1 year is an ASIC miner. USB risers, motherboards, CPUs, RAM and of course video cards all have some value after 6 months or 12 months of mining.

Every 2 months (or more frequently if the market is crashing) I evaluate if I am losing more in devaluation of my hardware than I am earning mining profits. In Vosk's case he's earning one tasty Chipotle burrito a day - and I'm sure tails takes most of that. But 50 cards may be losing 2 to 3 burritos a day in value.

I think the 1070 and higher cards will hold their value decently well, but the 1060s and 1050s are going to crash hard (4k and 144Hz monitors demand more than a 1060).

But it always must be considered how hard is it to liquidate a video card in a deflating market. Right now it's. In January I was selling 2 year old RX 470s with 1 year of warranty for $450 cash (the nice MSI Gamer X ones, not crappy blower ones) in Los Angeles. I posted them as mining cards and told the buyer the optimal settings I had found.

If you try to sell a card now you'll probably say "was never used for mining" and when they ask you what games you played at Ultra High you say CS:GO  Grin
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
But in your Excel sheet you show 42 gpus only? Sorry I'm at a noisy place. Am I missed something? I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Solo with 50?  LOL You have better odds hitting the lottery.

It's called the safe play.  Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

Solo is quite possible on some dagger hashimoto or cryptonight coins. You can still find a block, you don't need to mine ethereum or monero
Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!

That's not true. You are cool Vosk, but yes your cool level a bit below Roger Ver.  Grin
Is someone here realize that Vosk a bit similar with Roger Ver? or may Alejandro Manzano (Boyce Avenue)

I'm a small miner. I've sold 80% of my GPU with 20% still 'for sale'.

Are the rest of your GPU still operated? Or you just put it somewhere with a lot of dust on it? (that's reminded me with a few of my dying GPUs). If it possible, use the rest of your GPU for a small task such as Solitaire nor a bit hard task / doing multitasking Solitaire + Wordpad or notepad. Before all of your card sold.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

Don't destroy anything!  Shocked

Where's VOSK, by the way? Could he be here?   Cheesy ==> https://coinsbank.com/cruise-europe#section-speakers meets with John McAfee, Charlie Lee, Roger Ver. 

I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Yeah, I have asked the same, before. I'm doing solo with almost all of my rigs, my hashrate isn't even a quarter of a dagarair's hashrate.  Grin

haha I'm not cool enough to get invited to speak at events Cheesy still just here on the east coast of usa!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
But in your Excel sheet you show 42 gpus only? Sorry I'm at a noisy place. Am I missed something? I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

In the video I only showed the numbers for the 42 because it was clear, the other 8 gpus have been bounced around and I didn't have concise numbers for the last 72 hours -- gave the rounded figure w/ 50 in mind
Activity: 325
Merit: 110
I agree, small miners who don’t dump all thier crypto to pay bills win in these kinda times since its basically a hobby you can affort to sit on ur crypto.   Last time my mistake is  i sold too soon.  thiz time im waiting till btc cressts 30k to sell so i can retire

I'm a small miner. I've sold 80% of my GPU with 20% still 'for sale'.
I'm mining with a bunch of Z9 mini which are doing pretty well.
Also sitting on a non-trivial amount of stock (90% BTC).

It's still an active hobby for me, I've just shifted the slaves from GPU, who all served me well, to ASIC.
*shrug*
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

Don't destroy anything!  Shocked

Where's VOSK, by the way? Could he be here?   Cheesy ==> https://coinsbank.com/cruise-europe#section-speakers meets with John McAfee, Charlie Lee, Roger Ver. 

I know you are an experienced miner, why aren't you try your luck with solo mining?

Yeah, I have asked the same, before. I'm doing solo with almost all of my rigs, my hashrate isn't even a quarter of a dagarair's hashrate.  Grin
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

Well now, it's not quite as simple as seeing $10 on the street and just easily and pleasantly picking it up.  Especially not with a 50 GPU farm setup.  Heck, not even with a 6 GPU garden setup.  There are tweaks, updates, monitoring... things are constantly changing.

It's more like seeing a $10 bill on the road every day and then realizing that you'll have to first go to a computer, google search some things, go to the GPU rig (wherever that may be), tweak this, replace that...

Basically just have to consider the labor that goes into it.  For some that labor is heavy and for some maybe not as much but everyone's time is valuable.

Yeah true on all accounts I over simplified.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

It's called the safe play.  Hell I have many more than vosk and I would never dare of solo now unless some new coin came out I wanted to destroy.

50ghs is a sick amount of hash , solo should be easy
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Key though, you are still earning 10$ a day.  Yeah it sucks but if you saw 10$ in the street you wouldn't walk over it would you?

Well now, it's not quite as simple as seeing $10 on the street and just easily and pleasantly picking it up.  Especially not with a 50 GPU farm setup.  Heck, not even with a 6 GPU garden setup.  There are tweaks, updates, monitoring... things are constantly changing.

It's more like seeing a $10 bill on the road every day and then realizing that you'll have to first go to a computer, google search some things, go to the GPU rig (wherever that may be), tweak this, replace that...

Basically just have to consider the labor that goes into it.  For some that labor is heavy and for some maybe not as much but everyone's time is valuable.

Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
jajajajajaja

I still remember some guys saying that they were mining at a loss and would continue doing it. Prices dropped more and they gave up. There is no biggest power than seing $ going out of your pocket to understand you were in a huge error.

Please, tell this stupid guy to turn them OFF.
Same people who are going to hodl, prices drop they sell. It's easy to hodl when the price is on a rocket, been there done that.
Miners are the winners here ,when GPU mining ,either making less than a dollar you are still getting coins that will surely double your earnings ,price is down coins are not...sooner or later it will moon.

I agree, small miners who don’t dump all thier crypto to pay bills win in these kinda times since its basically a hobby you can affort to sit on ur crypto.   Last time my mistake is  i sold too soon.  thiz time im waiting till btc cressts 30k to sell so i can retire

Truth!  Tongue
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Miners are the winners here ,when GPU mining ,either making less than a dollar you are still getting coins that will surely double your earnings ,price is down coins are not...sooner or later it will moon.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Those are all mine....

How about solo mining? Have you ever felt interested in doing solo mining? With your current Hashing speed, I sure you have more choices.

nah even 50gh is too small in my opinion.  I'd rather just go for the sure thing so to speak lol.

I mean on other coins, maybe another Ethash coin.
Yeah, sometimes choosing something that we think is more certain might be better. Moreover, you put your trust on ETH future. I like it!  Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
Those are all mine....

How about solo mining? Have you ever felt interested in doing solo mining? With your current Hashing speed, I sure you have more choices.

nah even 50gh is too small in my opinion.  I'd rather just go for the sure thing so to speak lol.

VOSK sorry to hijack lol!  When you coming to my facility fooker!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Those are all mine....

copper member
Activity: 406
Merit: 59
Pages:
Jump to: