Pages:
Author

Topic: 60k Moneroj. Will i be a millionaire by 2017? - page 5. (Read 9320 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

You are telling me you have only your "we are superior" thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449

And the speculation thread here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-speculation-753252

That's it? All the rest is fudding and spam?

My God.

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Please tell me you realise that the Monero spam was a spam attack on Monero, and not originating from Monero. You do understand that right?

Even though the people who start the threads are trolls, many of the other posters who back up the op aren't and will go on to keep the thread bumped and will parrot the op.

Of course you could claim that trolls are purposefully attacking XMR, but that same logic path has been used 1000s of times, hell it was even used with the major paycoin/XPY scam.
legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

Please don't insult my intelligence. I'm here since January 2014.  

People from Monero have been attacking Dash and spamming their coin since the beginning. Your toxic community is a disgrace for the alt and bitcoin world.

Tonight I am happy because I have proof that your coin is just a hype void  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
Thinking about to buy 60k xmr. What so you guys think, is it possible to become a millionaire in 2 years?

Well, I don't think the obvious get-rich-quick mentality you're showing is at all helpful, but yes, it's *possible*. It's also possible that you'll lose all, or nearly all, of your money.

But let's do some back-of-the-napkin math.

In my opinion, a longrun rational stable equilibrium in the crypto-economy would have Monero as the #2 coin (since a protocol-level privacy-focused coin is one of the very few niches bitcoin will likely never address, and Monero is the best privacy coin). And let's say that the #2 coin will have at least an order of magnitude less total purchasing power than bitcoin.

We'll therefore define the 2yr success-case for Monero as being that it takes the #2 slot, and that the #2 slot is 1/20th Bitcoin's value. We'll further say that Bitcoin has the same market-cap as today (~$4B.....I think it's likely to be more in reality, but let's be a little "safe" with this analysis).

That gives Monero a 2yr success-case market-cap of $200M. There will be about 14,250,000 XMR outstanding at the time, yielding a $ price per XMR of around $14.

1 XMR = $0.53 today. So the success case is about a 2600% return.

Thus, if you think there's greater than a 1/26 = 3.8% chance of Monero becoming the #2 coin (and ignoring opportunity cost, personal risk profile, interest rates, etc), then it's rational to consider XMR undervalued today.

Obviously you should do your own analysis and figure out what values make sense to you. The above is just a rough framework that makes sense to me.

[Sidenote: this is reminding me of the initial calcs I did with bitcoin years ago. FWIW, in 2011 my lowest "success-case" estimate for bitcoin was $1500. Getting there... Smiley ]
Activity: 714
Merit: 504

Please stay on topic; Where is your stuff? Development, testing, marketing, something?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449

My God.

Please tell me you realise that the Monero spam was a spam attack on Monero, and not originating from Monero. You do understand that right?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

Work in progress -> 3 threads

Funding Required -> 2 threads

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master
legendary

My God.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Cross-posting FYI (Monero and his forum, some facts about the work they are doing):

No. The reality is that you have no community, no development, no markerting. It's not me saying, you can check it here:

You don't have any "Developers Thread" or "testing" area. Nothing. In Academic and technical you have only 9 threads!!!!

You are an absolute fraud. It's good that the real investors do some research, Monero is only a big hype.

Keep spamming, trolling and fudding hard the competition. That's the only you can do.

Unless you do not own Moneros, you will regret when it hits some serious price levels.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
The interesting thing is that if monero goes up and oy uput in that much, we will call you genius.  Otherwise we will call you a fool.

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

And considering this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11919024 the timing would be pretty uncanny.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
The interesting thing is that if monero goes up and oy uput in that much, we will call you genius.  Otherwise we will call you a fool.

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 122
Worry less about price and focus on the privacy Monero can provide.

If 60,000 Monero is more than you can afford then I suggest you don't buy so many

You can achieve privacy and make transactions with a small amount of XMR
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Thinking about to buy 60k xmr. What so you guys think, is it possible to become a millionaire in 2 years?

Depends on whether the GUI wallet will be ready by then. I heard it will go to MOON when the GUI is released. Could be closer to 3 years though.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
can be, but the golden times for altcoins are over now .
2014 was a good year to make money (BTC)
legendary
In my opinion you fail to understand the fact that Monero can be used also as a store of value.
You do not buy bread with gold coins, do you? Still gold is considered valuable.

Even if Monero will never reach mainstream adoption, it can reach the adoption of store of value.
When you need a loaf of bread, you just convert 0.000001 XMR to fiat and buy a loaf of bread, and when you close a real estate deal, you store the money into Moneros waiting to be used/invested somewhere else.
A coin like Monero is actually pretty ideal for store of value: it is anonymous so nobody knows your balances unless you choose to reveal it. The coin supply is low which make it scarce (like gold).

In 20+ years I see one Monero costing 1 000 000 usd - and it may even be a bargain at that time.
The current Monero holders do not bother to sell any of their coins since they have so much money that they do not care anything anymore.

Gold is a store of value, because of gold is gold everywhere and traditionally considered valuable by everyone. I don't see how monero can achieve such an universal consensus. By acceptance BTC, LTC, and several other coins are way ahead of it, technologically it's inferior to NXT and most of the gen2 coins (OK, I know most or those G2 coins exist only on paper, or in early beta), if we look at the popularity I'd say there are a lot of coins what doing far better. Then why monero?

Your question is relevant.
The technical level of coin is not the major issue why some coin will be chosen.
More important features are issues such as no premine (every holder needs to invest money in getting coins).
The community needs to be large enough to bail out a person who wishes to sell bigger amount of coins without causing too much damage to the marketcap.
Therefore the network effect is the most important thing. You might have the shiniest tech and the most beautiful wallet but if nobody or only a few people are willing to hold the coins, it is relatively worthless.

Why Monero could replace or suplement gold bullion in the years to come:

1) Emission. Most of Moneros will be mined in early 2020's but there will be a small annual increase of coins. Sounds like gold, doesn't it.
2) Anonymity. Like gold bullion in your own vault is anonymous so is Monero.
3) Fungibility (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungibility ). Moneros also do not carry the problems of being labelled to some coins perhaps stolen from an exchange XYZ.
4) Community. Monero seem to be relatively attracting coin. The community seem to grow and no doubt the best growth rate is still ahead once the coin is introduced to people outside BTCT. The world is ready for a crypto and Monero due to the emission curve and due to feature of easiness of pumping (even one bigger investor can literally drive Monero to the moon) in the future has pretty good chances to grow big.
legendary
Activity: 1512
In my opinion you fail to understand the fact that Monero can be used also as a store of value.
You do not buy bread with gold coins, do you? Still gold is considered valuable.

Even if Monero will never reach mainstream adoption, it can reach the adoption of store of value.
When you need a loaf of bread, you just convert 0.000001 XMR to fiat and buy a loaf of bread, and when you close a real estate deal, you store the money into Moneros waiting to be used/invested somewhere else.
A coin like Monero is actually pretty ideal for store of value: it is anonymous so nobody knows your balances unless you choose to reveal it. The coin supply is low which make it scarce (like gold).

In 20+ years I see one Monero costing 1 000 000 usd - and it may even be a bargain at that time.
The current Monero holders do not bother to sell any of their coins since they have so much money that they do not care anything anymore.

Gold is a store of value, because of gold is gold everywhere and traditionally considered valuable by everyone. I don't see how monero can achieve such an universal consensus. By acceptance BTC, LTC, and several other coins are way ahead of it, technologically it's inferior to NXT and most of the gen2 coins (OK, I know most or those G2 coins exist only on paper, or in early beta), if we look at the popularity I'd say there are a lot of coins what doing far better. Then why monero?
Activity: 177

Chances are you will lose most if not all of that money.
legendary

That depends on the monero devs and community. If they can turn monero to something easy to use for everyone (mobile/light clients) and if they can put widely used real life services in the foreground then yes, it could go to "da moon", and you can be a millionaire Smiley.

legendary
Activity: 1512

That depends on the monero devs and community. If they can turn monero to something easy to use for everyone (mobile/light clients) and if they can put widely used real life services in the foreground then yes, it could go to "da moon", and you can be a millionaire Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

The bigger question as others have alluded to, is this money you can afford to lose? Are you younger with plenty of earning potential or nearing retirement? Does this represent the majority of your investments or <10%? Every crypotocurrency investment would be classified as high risk with possible high reward.
Pages:
Jump to: