Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 Rules for Writing a Good Post Title (Read 495 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 352
March 31, 2023, 05:01:02 AM
Thank you for sharing this I have not been aware of those useful topics but your comment made me to open them and indeed I have learned a lot that has opened my eye to some errors I have made in my writing style in the past.

But thank goodness it is not late to correct,  and I am sure I am not the only one who has learned one of two things from the posts you listed above.
Activity: 84
Merit: 18
March 31, 2023, 02:22:32 AM
To me, this is a very important guides because most at times I feel bored posting when the last post do not attracts comments, contributions or aculeates to your post. Well, is good one but more of that, people wants to see exactly what is in your subject topic. Sometimes people end up writing different stuffs off the topic of discussion, that alone discourage comments. Am a victim of it on several post. Lol but am learning the way forward here. Thank you
Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Eloncoin.org
March 30, 2023, 07:54:59 PM
Post tittle has alot to do with the post. It's introduce the post to people. To me, post tittle should be formed in a way that will attract the attention of all it's readers.
Activity: 546
Merit: 420
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
March 29, 2023, 03:06:50 PM
I basically don't have any specific rules that I follow when writing a post title and that is because I just flow with whatever comes at the moment and there are times that I actually battle with post topics and I want to also appreciate OP for this great article.
But on the other hand, the forum is one place that amazes me because things don't really go as expected and there are cases where one gets more attention and contributions and even bunch of merits from post  that technically doesn't seem worth it, meanwhile there are times where we take out time and put in more efforts to give the forum a nice content and end up not getting any attention, hence I just end up to tell people to just flow and contribute meaningfully to the forum by doing your best and leaving the rest.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 578
March 29, 2023, 11:50:49 AM
If someone knows the content of the post then the title of the post will come to you. But before posting on any topic, you must know about it well and post it. And always make sure that the information you share in the post is truthful and informative. So that others can benefit from your post.

But one more thing is that posting should not be rushed. posting should take time. If you post on time, the content of the post will be well observed in front of you and the quality of the post will be good.
That doesn't always happen that the title of the post comes to them, because I've seen a lot of times where people have totally different content within the post while the title is referring to something totally different, and that becomes misleading. It is not always too easy to come up with a perfect title and some people lack these skills.

One needs to work on their writing and understanding abilities in order to come up with perfect titles for posts and threads so that their title can match the content of their post. It is not easy but it is something that one can learn over time.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
March 28, 2023, 01:04:55 PM
Snip
It actually does, topic titles are as important as the body of the posts but many people take that for granted and that's why some posts don't get the attention they deserve.
It's not aguable sir, hence all you said are confirmed to be true. But in some cases when a newbies makes such topic it would result in low turned out just as you said of a contributor to the forum.
I myself have also found some post created by contributors which I noticed the body of the subject matter doesn't really convincing despite the topic attracted many users.
In such post you could only found out that there are many viewers or visitors but people doesn't comment since the body of the messages is not comprehendible.

I dont have any laid down rules for writing posts title as I do not consider it a big task. Infact I do not write my post title until I am able to finish the body of the post, then I can write the post title.  I write post title based on what the body of my post said and not based on what I preconceived in my memory. Sometimes you can have one particular unique topic in your head but during expression you can digress from your original intentions. It isn't that advisable to make hard rules for creating titles of a post.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 690
March 28, 2023, 11:10:03 AM
Do you have any other rules you follow when writing a post title?
Usually the title is a summary of the overall writing that we write and most people are looking for words that are easy and as attractive as possible to make the title.

Making an interesting title is indeed very important in writing so that readers don't misunderstand the content written and are not misleading, but for people in choosing the right title it will usually be different. Personally I usually choose a title based on what I'm writing and will summarize as briefly as possible to make it look interesting and in accordance with the content written, the most important thing is that the title that is made does not confuse the reader and has the same meaning as the writing.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
March 26, 2023, 04:15:56 AM
Snip
It actually does, topic titles are as important as the body of the posts but many people take that for granted and that's why some posts don't get the attention they deserve.
It's not aguable sir, hence all you said are confirmed to be true. But in some cases when a newbies makes such topic it would result in low turned out just as you said of a contributor to the forum.
I myself have also found some post created by contributors which I noticed the body of the subject matter doesn't really convincing despite the topic attracted many users.
In such post you could only found out that there are many viewers or visitors but people doesn't comment since the body of the messages is not comprehendible.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 4113
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
March 25, 2023, 07:24:26 PM
In summary, your title doesn't affect your mind. You may have a very good title and have a poor information inside of it. As a writer always try your best for the words to be comprehensible and meaningful by people, I think that's all.

It actually does, topic titles are as important as the body of the posts but many people take that for granted and that's why some posts don't get the attention they deserve. Except you're a well known quality contributor to the forum that people are naturally attracted to reading your started topics, the way you write the titles of your topic could attract readers or chase them away. There are ways annoying trolls and spammers structure their post title that people naturally avoid those kind or topics therefore if you write in such way you'll be avoided as well.

When your topic is filled with generic meaning it chase away users that don't tend to associate with such threads. And example is when you see a topic like 'Is Bitcoin the future of money'. Immediately you should know that such thread will be filled with people just saying anything to complete post quota and could be classified as a topic that attract spammers. Naturally I won't engage in such thread and many here won't do the same. You should note that we're in a generation where first impression really matters as you can lose your audience within the first 3-10 seconds they interact with your content.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
March 25, 2023, 04:42:49 PM
It may interest you that not everyone that are good in an essay writing or writing a comprehensive words of an event directly to what happened. For me the only thing I think is very much necessary here is we should try as possible as it's to avoid spamming or even involving with copy and paste from other site without any reasonable proof or authenticity.

Hence whenever a fellow is able to write out what is in his mind or her mind such person have conveyed an information. Note that what makes information effective is the ability for the received to decode the content an the information is what makes it effective, otherwise can be seen or likely to be jargon. Jargon is a spoken words or a written information that is not comprehensible by the reader. However is a words associated or being used by some professional groups or departments.

In summary, your title doesn't affect your mind. You may have a very good title and have a poor information inside of it. As a writer always try your best for the words to be comprehensible and meaningful by people, I think that's all.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 271
March 25, 2023, 09:45:55 AM
In a nutshell, your friends were fortunate, but they will fail if they continue to invest in meme coins to increase their wealth. Meme coins are a type of pump and dump coins and are unreliable. The hype that can generate short term demand is the only reason it pumps. It would not work for long, so you cannot keep them because you will lose money. Luck determines the opportunity to make money on meme coins. This is worse than betting because only a small number of individuals make money from this kind of investment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
Humanity, my Religion.
March 25, 2023, 05:17:24 AM
Writing a post title well is important, but I don't think there's a problem if the title uses punctuation or what you mention. the most important thing is that the title and content of the post are all in sync and not in different directions.
correct me if I'm wrong

I have seen posts titles that are not related to the content. Some of these writers come up with titles without taking the time to develop content synonymous with the title. When one gets an idea I think the writer should get a title and next develop the content. Sometimes in the course of content development, it might become necessary to rephrase or change the title because the content might have touched a new or added some new concepts. There is a need to evaluate your writings after development because both the title and content can make or mar your efforts.
Activity: 476
Merit: 231
March 25, 2023, 04:28:44 AM
If someone knows the content of the post then the title of the post will come to you. But before posting on any topic, you must know about it well and post it. And always make sure that the information you share in the post is truthful and informative. So that others can benefit from your post.

But one more thing is that posting should not be rushed. posting should take time. If you post on time, the content of the post will be well observed in front of you and the quality of the post will be good.
Activity: 631
Merit: 253
March 25, 2023, 02:01:03 AM
Having this kinds of information will help a lot in the future for those who needs reference and instructions regarding how to's in the forum. Personally, I don't have any posting style as long as I can reply even if it's not that accurate as long as it can contribute to the discussion coz what's more important for me is, it should be relevant to the topic not just some random words or flowery words just to make your post longer.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1823
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
March 24, 2023, 11:43:37 PM
In formal writing, there are a number of rules in writing the title. For example, and this is one that you missed, there is a rule to capitalize all the first letters of every word except articles and conjunctions, among others. But is this applicable here? Are members here very particular about how titles are structured, or whether they're written properly or not? After all, this isn't some kind of a grammar or writing forum.

What's important for me is that the title succinctly captures the topic that's to be discussed. That's enough I guess.
Activity: 574
Merit: 287
March 24, 2023, 11:03:23 PM
Writing a post title well is important, but I don't think there's a problem if the title uses punctuation or what you mention. the most important thing is that the title and content of the post are all in sync and not in different directions.
correct me if i'm wrong
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
Chainjoes.com
March 24, 2023, 06:04:52 PM

The best title for me here in Bitcointalk is something short and asks a question straightforward or summarizes the whole subject in a short title, this is a discussion forum, and having a title that can give us an idea of what the topic is through the title will have us decide if it's the discussion worth participating and will save us time when looking for a discussion to participate and will also give us an idea if its something that needs additional input or tutorial or asking about solutions about a problem.
Activity: 448
Merit: 294
March 24, 2023, 04:16:02 PM
All the rules are clear enough in this forum although there are still many who break it and think it's trivial. But it would be nice for us to follow all the rules for making the right topic so that people who read also understand what you want to discuss.

The most important thing is not to make a title that invites many readers but the content is different from the title. Because making a title in a discussion thread is an important thing that aims to exchange ideas about a problem or issue. In essence, the information we need to discuss needs to be included in the title so that readers can immediately find out about our topic.
Activity: 798
Merit: 538
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 24, 2023, 10:48:03 AM

There's this common mistakes people made in writing their thread title, they overemphasize on the topic by bolden the text or capitalizing the entire letters, doing this does not makes any changes about the content of the post if it carries a semantic meaning or not, neither does it attract people to have a look on the thread or make a reply, what we compose as the content matters alot and should carries the meaning that define the best interpretation for the title used.

Activity: 910
Merit: 527
March 22, 2023, 06:59:08 PM
Despite is official or not about this forum we have use good, polite and structure words when posting some thing here, many people break out the rule from using bad words until not structure about words using.  Understood about English is not our mother language but we need to understand little about how to make good post.

I think OP have good ideas remember us how to be good content writing in Bitcointalk forum and always allow the rule when making post here, don't post without any coherence with topic with some user not reading all topic or discussing board before making post. Could better add one list about rule for writing by using polite world and have good structure.
Pages:
Jump to: