Pages:
Author

Topic: 750 GH/s - 3TH/s Miners from $3565 - www.bitcoinultra.co.uk - page 2. (Read 30609 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
PSU that support 4x 10pin contact.
min 750watt
Activity: 31
Will get a psu now so maybe 1h or so if i fix it before work.

http://s25.postimg.org/d5w9thv8v/IMG_1246.jpg

looks nice!

Might wanna push that white USB cable all the way in before you start it up.

Hi,wich PSU need get for this miner  Huh .Thanks
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I will post soon as soon it's clears customs. They want me to fill out about 20 forms GRRRRRRR.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Looking at those heatsinks, one has to wonder if anyone who designs these things understands physics.

Why not design the fins to be vertical instead of horizontal, they would release so much more heat and create a constant smooth current of air flowing vertically through the fins.
tl;dr: nope.
You disagree with the physics of convection?
Convection (and radiation) play a very reduced roll in a forced air situation. You don't need convection to move air across the fins with forced air, so you orient them whichever way is optimized to the airflow from the fans.
Yes, you are correct. 25 years computer tech, 30 years programming.

My posts were meant as tongue-in-cheek folly, but I understand if they were not perceived that way.

Is all good.
If you'd offered your product for pre-order sooner, you might have managed to take some suckers before being 'busted' by Dogie  Grin
Eh? What have I done now Tongue
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Looking at those heatsinks, one has to wonder if anyone who designs these things understands physics.

Why not design the fins to be vertical instead of horizontal, they would release so much more heat and create a constant smooth current of air flowing vertically through the fins.
Convection (and radiation) play a very reduced roll in a forced air situation. You don't need convection to move air across the fins with forced air, so you orient them whichever way is optimized to the airflow from the fans.
Yes, you are correct. 25 years computer tech, 30 years programming.

My posts were meant as tongue-in-cheek folly, but I understand if they were not perceived that way.

Is all good.
If you'd offered your product for pre-order sooner, you might have managed to take some suckers before being 'busted' by Dogie  Grin
Activity: 490
Can somebody post a miner screenshot, or even better a video of it running?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
my old blades have not much in the way of heatsinks whatsoever, in fact, i could probably get away with having a simple copper plate against the asics, as such as they are positioned, against a slightly opened window with the fans blowing cold air in at them. I'm seeing around 14% increase in efficiency on my entire rig, because of this. hence the reason I have a pile of empty cases and boxes in the corner of the room.. anything in a case, for me, just restricts the cooling I can give.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

There ya go, there's a home inventor's mission laid out for them - produce aftermarket heatsinks for dragon rigs with the fins vertical, sell for $20 each.

Just need a little induction furnace to remelt aluminum scrap, CNC a mold positive, mold container to house the sand, some sand, stationary grinder and away you go.

Welcome to my new business venture! Send me your heatsinks and I will send you vertically aligned replacements!

(Please note: the heatsinks you get back may or may not be the same heatsinks rotated by 90 degrees in the envelope).

Sure, take the easy route.
LOL Smiley

^same business model as bitcoinultra though!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 546

There ya go, there's a home inventor's mission laid out for them - produce aftermarket heatsinks for dragon rigs with the fins vertical, sell for $20 each.

Just need a little induction furnace to remelt aluminum scrap, CNC a mold positive, mold container to house the sand, some sand, stationary grinder and away you go.

Welcome to my new business venture! Send me your heatsinks and I will send you vertically aligned replacements!

(Please note: the heatsinks you get back may or may not be the same heatsinks rotated by 90 degrees in the envelope).
Well if they are Dragon miner v1 boards, they weren't designed to run beyond 200GH so beware! Wink

The Dragon Miner v2, which was designed to run at 250GH, has bigger heatsinks, different to those shown.

looks nice!
AND THERE ENDETH THE LESSON.

thanks pete.
Those heatsinks seem a little short for 250GH @ 8x A1 chips per board. What temps and power at the wall are you getting?

I'd be interested to buy them without a case and stack them with a big silent 120mm fans directly on the heatsink! Grin

Any chance we can buy it in kit form minus the cost of case, fan, and labour?

compare;

http://ecointalk.net/gallery/image/315-img-20140402-131136-2-resize/

^Black Arrow (gallery showing everything but the ASIC - i'm still dubious).
Those heatsinks seem a little short for 250GH @ 8x A1 chips per board. What temps and power at the wall are you getting?

I'd be interested to buy them without a case and stack them with a big silent 120mm fans directly on the heatsink! Grin

Any chance we can buy it in kit form minus the cost of case, fan, and labour?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Wow, so these things really exist?!!   Shocked  Thought it was just a pretty blue box, but there's actually stuff inside!

Oh well, either way, for the same price you can get 250 GH/s more in the Antminer S2.
SVK
Activity: 378
Why do I have feeling that this is just Dragon miner in different case ?
Activity: 10
Had to push the miner block so the usb and ethernet get attach correct.
To lose screw.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

looks nice!

Might wanna push that white USB cable all the way in before you start it up.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

looks nice!
Pages:
Jump to: