Pages:
Author

Topic: 8 card limit on Windows is Removed! - page 6. (Read 8532 times)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
October 22, 2017, 01:44:09 PM
The AMD blockchain driver works with the v1709 build but the problem is the Windows UI becomes unresponsive and unstable. I did a clean install back to v1703 until a new driver is released. Supposedly there will be an updated driver later this year that will increase the maximum limit of 8 of the same GPU type in Windows 10. Looks like the driver that ships with Windows v1709 fixes the 8 card limit for Nvidia. There is also a beta driver release from AMD for the v1709 update, but I didn't try it since it probably doesn't include the Dag fix.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/radeon-software-crimson-relive-fall-creators-update-beta-driver-download.html

Apparently it has blockchain drivers in it as well.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update-Release-Notes.aspx
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
October 22, 2017, 01:02:25 PM
The AMD blockchain driver works with the v1709 build but the problem is the Windows UI becomes unresponsive and unstable. I did a clean install back to v1703 until a new driver is released. Supposedly there will be an updated driver later this year that will increase the maximum limit of 8 of the same GPU type in Windows 10. Looks like the driver that ships with Windows v1709 fixes the 8 card limit for Nvidia. There is also a beta driver release from AMD for the v1709 update, but I didn't try it since it probably doesn't include the Dag fix.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/radeon-software-crimson-relive-fall-creators-update-beta-driver-download.html

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
October 22, 2017, 11:40:41 AM
I wish I was near my rigs, im dying to try this out. I need to see if this works with Nvidia non-mining cards, and then for AMD cards.
Activity: 392
Merit: 137
October 22, 2017, 11:01:28 AM
I saw a motherboard which supports 16 GPU. And probably Windows too, can support this motherboard.I just don't understand why you need it. I doubt that you have so many towers that there is not enough space to accommodate them. If you use old equipment only with the use of a new GPU you will get the same speed with less effort.
Activity: 267
Merit: 100
October 22, 2017, 11:00:26 AM
Just wanted to Verify!

Ive heard some rumors that its now possible to use more than 8 cards on Windows 10 systems, so shutdown my rigs and mixed up one with 10 Nvidia cards, thats now doing rock solid on all 10!  The 1709 Update fixes this limit.

Can anyone confirm what the limit is now?
Can anyone confirm that its the same for AMD cards? I Don`t have enough cards to verify this at the moment.

The limit may be removed from windows but there is still a limit on the amd drivers, so unless you mix amd and nvidia it won't work yet. You can always go with linux and plug as may cards as you want.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
October 22, 2017, 10:54:54 AM

Oh! Wow. That's a start.
I've had some big issues with Linux based distros built for mining lately and I had to shift to Windows for the same.
It's good to hear that you can run up to 10 GPUs on Windows OS now.

Probably possible with more than 10 GPU`s, but i dont have any more.

Latest update of Windows does not work so well with AMD Blockchain drivers.. Hope they will update these soon.
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
October 22, 2017, 09:47:58 AM
Just wanted to Verify!

Ive heard some rumors that its now possible to use more than 8 cards on Windows 10 systems, so shutdown my rigs and mixed up one with 10 Nvidia cards, thats now doing rock solid on all 10!  The 1709 Update fixes this limit.

Can anyone confirm that its the same for AMD cards? I Don`t have enough cards to verify this at the moment.

Oh! Wow. That's a start.
I've had some big issues with Linux based distros built for mining lately and I had to shift to Windows for the same.
It's good to hear that you can run up to 10 GPUs on Windows OS now.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
October 22, 2017, 09:45:36 AM
Well, I'm curious. Someone who will try that? I have mobos max for 8 GPUs Cheesy
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
October 22, 2017, 09:42:36 AM
The question is, does one want to have more than 9 GPUs on a Windows computer?  Grin There are far more suitable options than Windows for this.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 22, 2017, 08:48:42 AM
There is no 8 GPU limit for nVidia. It is for AMD only.
There is. Windows (at least 1703 or older) sees 9 or over nvidia cards, but miners don't work.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 22, 2017, 08:42:43 AM
Just wanted to Verify!

https://preview.ibb.co/hvPrMR/10nvidia.png

There is no 8 GPU limit for nVidia. It is for AMD only.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
lux8.net
October 22, 2017, 07:56:42 AM
great news, more hi-end rigs are coming.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
October 22, 2017, 07:38:52 AM
Just wanted to Verify!

Pages:
Jump to: