Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 11. (Read 12215 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 16, 2018, 12:17:57 PM
Scams here, scams there u have it everywhere but there are ways of getting them.... So u don't fall victim. check out there whitepaper and do a study on the or team members .....
Activity: 84
September 16, 2018, 12:04:55 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Most ICO are just hype, while some finds it difficult to reach soft cap on that note back out of the project.
This reasons many bounties hunters regard ICO to be scam.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 11:16:21 AM
Yes absolutely true that most ICOs are scam and I wonder if anything can be done about this its has caused so much harm and ICOs has lost its glory as a result of this and investors are walking away one needs to be careful before taking part in any ICOs
Activity: 131
Merit: 6
September 16, 2018, 10:59:07 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

Maybe? I agree with you.. many ICO's now are scam but not all are scam. I mean we should not call a scam, because there are some reason why the ICO fail, because the ICO didn't reach the fund, some are going dead because no one is interested to their ICO, to their platforms.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
September 16, 2018, 10:45:28 AM
80% is way too big and sarcastic in my own opinion, cryptos would fall down if 80% of the ICOs are just scamming, I do think that there are lots of ICO scams out there, but I still believe that there are trustworthy ICOs that are capable of helping everyone out, they are extremely reliable and I don't think there is a need to hate on these ICOs, except for those ICOs that definitely needs to be hated and removed.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
September 16, 2018, 10:33:55 AM
Agree, not even 80% but maybe at 90% ICOs are just scam.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 10:00:55 AM
unfortunately, everything is so. I hope that the situation in the future will change and there will be much less fraudulent projects but at the moment there is a lot of scams
Activity: 448
September 16, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
I think this is a very large percentage you wrote, of course scammers are present but not in such quantity
Activity: 73
September 16, 2018, 09:54:55 AM
ICO can also be called a Scam if investors do not make a profit and do not lose money.
Activity: 112
September 16, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
ICO conditions are formulated, may contain vulnerabilities or intentional hidden conditions. We must regularly update our knowledge .
Activity: 11
September 16, 2018, 08:48:42 AM
I am good and respectful to the teams of people who have organized and implement ISO projects. In all cases there are setbacks, but calling such projects fraudulent is not right. We need to respect unsuccessful projects and learn from their mistakes.
Activity: 7
September 15, 2018, 07:06:47 PM
It can not  be that  difficult to reveal a fraud ICO, merely prove the team and their basic experiences discreetly then conclude if those look legit.
Activity: 172
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
September 15, 2018, 06:02:03 PM
In my opinion it is not a secret for a long time that bigger quantity of all ico of projects are skamy. Over time already and itself you begin to understand where the project to ska and you avoid it. But I would even tell not 80%, and rather 90-93% are skamy.
Activity: 164
September 15, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

I see that it is very difficult for Russian projects to raise funds. But I think that the situation in the future will change in a positive direction. I personally invested in 5 Russian projects!                                 
Now many companies are hard to raise money.  And even if the companies have reached the soft cap, now very often the price of a coin in the market is 3-5 times lower than the price of an ICO.   
Activity: 90
September 14, 2018, 11:21:28 AM
It is true, icos is become known due to a lot of previous successful campaign, and many developers seen a lot of profit that may gain by creating one. but they are not the only one who's taking advantage about it, even scammers does.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
September 14, 2018, 11:14:07 AM
In my own opinion, this Topic is not true. Most projects don't plan to scam anyone it is just unfortunate for some projects not been able to achieve their target due market.
there have been many ICO projects that have been successful in sales, but after it was finished there was no news about the project's development, I have joined the ICO project several times which ended in a scam and did not get paid because the funds collected were taken away by the project, and now more ICO projects end in scams it's true.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
September 14, 2018, 11:06:27 AM
In my own opinion, this Topic is not true. Most projects don't plan to scam anyone it is just unfortunate for some projects not been able to achieve their target due market.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
September 14, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Although your percentage is quiet huge, I will side with you. Most of the ICO's always turn out to be something else, that is why there is the need for you to do your ground research before joining any project in order not for you to get duped.
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
September 14, 2018, 10:51:16 AM
probably so. There are too many ICOs, millions are born daily but most are phishing. When I first joined ICO I did not have enough knowledge and was fooled by two ICOs. I draw a lot from it.
Activity: 912
Merit: 100
September 14, 2018, 10:46:47 AM
Now projects with the original idea can not be found. And for not clear reasons, the price of coins they do not please after the ICO. And the other point, the offices that collect more hardcap - relax and throw their project, which also does not affect the positive side of the price of the coin.
Pages:
Jump to: