Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 14. (Read 12215 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 02:21:51 PM
Yes, there was a lot of scam projects in the past. I advise you to be careful when choosing ICO if there is left one Smiley
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
September 13, 2018, 01:49:00 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I'm more interested in the figure of ~8% of ICOs that went on exchanges.
This means that out of almost 2,000 coins only ~170 are worth investors' attention, and all others are just unnecessary digits.
Activity: 406
September 13, 2018, 01:37:22 PM
In my own opinion and experience there are so many ICOs which went down the drain just because of in appropriate decisions. These decisions make most of these ICOs scam in the eyes of the investors. In recent time there had been an increase in the rise of these scam, failed, gone dead, and dwindling ICOs.

Several projects are under development and all the others give only false promises to get as much money from trusting investors as possible.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
September 13, 2018, 01:09:42 PM
Almost 10% of current ICO are really successful projects. Deep analysis of the project is required to participate in ICO. First of all, you need to familiarize yourself with the project team. However, the right analysis and the right investments in cryptocurrency lead to amazing success.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
September 13, 2018, 11:22:04 AM
   Many scam projects. Many tokens disappear. They also scam. Trust only top-2) Ethereum and ... A lot of risk everywhere
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 06:03:53 AM
even though most of the current ICO Projects, I don't care about that, for the moment the most important thing is I get the experience of following a bounty campaign
Activity: 168
September 13, 2018, 05:06:04 AM
Its different about ICO fall and SCAM.
Fall if their project cant reach softcap and usually they are sent back money investor.

Scam if they steal investor money, the project its "never".
maybe 70% ICO fall and 10% Scams.
Project Scams like a Otto Network
Activity: 83
September 13, 2018, 04:52:20 AM
The high rate of fraud is not terrible. It is terrible that those ignorant investors still blindly invest in ICO when they are deceived, which will make those fraudsters easily defraud money!
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
September 13, 2018, 04:50:53 AM
Yes indeed a lot of companies failed. I think that they simply did not have enough investment money. After all, if they had gained enough investment, then their project went to the crypts.
Activity: 118
September 13, 2018, 04:44:19 AM
In my own opinion and experience there are so many ICOs which went down the drain just because of in appropriate decisions. These decisions make most of these ICOs scam in the eyes of the investors. In recent time there had been an increase in the rise of these scam, failed, gone dead, and dwindling ICOs.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
September 13, 2018, 04:28:40 AM
I dont know the basis of their findings but I do agree with their statements. There are several scam projects out there and that is why I think in some few years to come there wouldnt be anything like ICO since all investors wouldnt be ready to invest. several other ICOs fail because they lack real life application and commitment from team.
Many of ICOs is scam because this person sees how easy crowdfunding is from this ico investment, moreover investors are very easy to be deceived with some supporting information.
yeah that is the background of the rampant scam. but that does not mean that there is no real project to be realized? I still often see ico success to be launching and entering the exchange successfully..
Activity: 182
September 13, 2018, 04:02:56 AM
Do you think that most of the ico are spinning? I do not think if ico is a scam, do you invest in the ico market or the ico has existed until today?
Activity: 574
September 13, 2018, 03:56:56 AM
It is indeed very much a scam ICO but I don't think it can reach 80%. But then I had ever experienced the ICO project just a little scam. We as the bounty hunter is better to be cautious before determining the ICO project which we will follow.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 13, 2018, 03:48:24 AM
Possibly could be true. I can say through own experience with at least 60% of my participated bounty campaigns have turned out to be scam, even if some said that they failed to reach their cap, I still say they could be scam. Now I dont even know how many ICOs are there that doesnt have bounties that are also scams.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
September 13, 2018, 03:45:42 AM
With time % of scams would go down as people mostly would invest in projects which have MVP so dont think scamers would make MVP  to scam investors .
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 03:41:44 AM
I would say that 80% is a small figure. I think that in the real world the number of fraudulent ICO reaches 90-95%. You just look what they promise and what they end up doing. But this does not mean that you should not invest in ICO. Just need to be careful!
Activity: 70
September 13, 2018, 03:41:24 AM
I'm not sure if this study is legit.

Hard to say that all 80% are scams.

I believe more in a fact that people just followed the hype to create their own tokens without knowing the thing.

So. it's more lack of expertise rather than scam, IMO.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 03:36:44 AM
Where do you get these percentages from? Maybe you just do not participate in those who make a profit, and take part in everything that goes without analyzing anything.
Activity: 81
September 13, 2018, 03:33:58 AM
The number of ICO scams exceeds your imagination. I have seen a statistical table on the success rate of ICO, which shows that the failure rate of ICO is over 92%!
copper member
Activity: 84
September 13, 2018, 03:32:20 AM
yes that is real. Now it is very hard to find a suitable challenge. I already lost a variety of money on this. however if I find a good venture, it gives me a very good profit. need to locate.
Pages:
Jump to: