Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 117. (Read 12219 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 5
March 30, 2018, 06:01:30 PM
Don't like it 1 bit, I dislike anything that tries to slow innovation What's so funny is not that long ago newspapers and mainstream media tried to convince people not to use twitter and facebook because they were just some internet fad. But now the tech companies are part of our daily fabric and have become part of the old guard, hmm isn't that funny. Wasn't it only 2 years ago that twitter was on the verge of going out of business because they weren't making enough money from ads ? And look at how facebook stock has dropped recently with all the bots and fake accounts . Okay guys keep trying to slow down innovation, Bitcoin & Crypto is here to stay.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
March 30, 2018, 05:58:57 PM
This is something wrong with this statistics.  As far as I know,  around 76% of ICO failed, but not all of them are scams. Some didn't collect enough, another part has internal problems like Tezos and some of them couldn't release product, but that's not a scam
The high rate of failed projects is a worrying factor to be cautious when you are investing in fancy projects as most of time it will fold up in a couple of years and they team behind it will move away with the millions they collected through initial funds and if there is more projects like these, you need to worry about investing in it unless the team has a proven record.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
March 30, 2018, 05:54:59 PM
Actually it isnt 80% its almost 95% of the ICO are scams that is why we need to do a lot o research before getting involved with these ICO projects because most of these projects are just created raise funds from the investors and going to runaway after getting millions of dollars from the people.But researching wont save us from these scams,because it will only lessen the risk of choosing scam ICOs,even those legit looking ICOs are turning into scam.
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
March 30, 2018, 05:44:33 PM
This is something wrong with this statistics.  As far as I know,  around 76% of ICO failed, but not all of them are scams. Some didn't collect enough, another part has internal problems like Tezos and some of them couldn't release product, but that's not a scam
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Stable coin to make charity free for everyone
March 30, 2018, 05:39:03 PM
It should be 90-95% of the ICOs are scams,these people are the ones who are destroying cryptocurrencies reputation because these greedy people are going to suck up all of the newbie invetors money,most of the victims of these ICO are the new folks or newcomers in our community who doesnt know to do researching first before getting involved into something.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
March 30, 2018, 05:28:55 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Everybody knows about it for a long time. This is bad statistics because there are so many fraudsters on the market, I hope that the statistics will soon improve and people will not invest in SCAM projects.
Activity: 210
March 30, 2018, 04:12:30 PM
As far as i know the number of scam ICOs are far bigger than 80% 1/10 ICOs are acheiving success,so it means there are less projects that are surviving the market that is why ICO investments are surely a risky thing to do especially when you arent good in researching or investigating every aspects you need to check before getting involved with these projects.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
March 30, 2018, 03:57:57 PM
Mmm, yeah, furthermore because of these scams, a lot of ICOs can`t reach their aims, even softcap, people stopped to believe in new projects
I hope we`ll see the recovery of all market soon, and many perspective projects on ICO with real technology and product, without any fraud
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
March 30, 2018, 03:57:10 PM
to be honest, I realize that not 80% ICO are scam. We must say that 80% ICO are failed. and there are many reasons for this fail. the team wanna scam or normally, they just can not mobilize enough money for project.
If 80% of the projects fail then why are people investing in them? It would be nice if people actually supported the projects that they are in...
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
March 30, 2018, 03:54:04 PM
It should be 95% of these ICOs are scams ,that is why there are few projects who are achieving sucess in the market because a lot of shit scammers are doing fake projects that are created just to raise funds from the investors and eventually runaway when they have millions worth of cryptocurrency assets.I have been with ICO investments and theres no way to find out which of these ICOs are going to turn the table upside down.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
March 30, 2018, 03:50:03 PM
The most interesting thing is that no one says that the ICO scam if the price of the token is growing very much. At the same time, nothing can be behind the project.
Activity: 266
March 30, 2018, 03:40:19 PM
It was expected, a lot of projects do not need blockchain.  Blockchainis now just a fashionable thing, they want to push it into any project
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
March 30, 2018, 11:04:54 AM
I can feel for all those who lost tons of money in ICOs. I myself have been burned by couple of them. Sadly i had invested large amount in one of them.
Since then i have stopped even looking into coins which are released through ICOs, irrespective of how promising they are.
ICOs only damaged the reputation of Cryptos. Have been looking into new ways of coin distribution and participated in many airdrops. But most of airdrops are shitty coins.

Have to give it to teams behind coins like Nano & DeepOnion. Nano distributed coin through Captcha and DeepOnion through Airdrop (Very successful one )
What fascinates me is that, both these coins have top notch technology and could have earned tons of money through ICOs. Would love to see more coins spread through other forms of distribution.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 30, 2018, 11:02:18 AM
The bad ruin it for the good, these ico scammers should be ashamed of themselves.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 30, 2018, 11:00:12 AM
Some are real and while some are scam, becareful of what ico to join.
Activity: 100
Merit: 12
March 30, 2018, 10:58:54 AM
This article is a joke
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
March 30, 2018, 10:57:16 AM
Perhaps you are completely right about the number of fraudulent projects, I think that such analyzes have been done many times and almost always people come to about such figures.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
March 30, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
Unfortunately I think the news is true, there are a lot of ICO that runaway with people's money, that is the first reason why Google Facebook or Twitter banning ICO ads, and to be honest there are nothing protect investors from being scammed, the research only can decrease the chance of being scammed, but 80 % is too high, some of the people refer scammed because the ico can't give them the profit that the owner's promised
Personally, this is just a temporary act to manipulate the Cryptocurrency market because they want to prevent everyone from knowing the existence of this market. Personally, I still see ICO as a new trend for investors and before investing we should evaluate that project carefully because 80% of phishing projects are completely accurate and can increase to 90% in this year if no knowledge of investment
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
March 30, 2018, 10:30:12 AM
Unfortunately I think the news is true, there are a lot of ICO that runaway with people's money, that is the first reason why Google Facebook or Twitter banning ICO ads, and to be honest there are nothing protect investors from being scammed, the research only can decrease the chance of being scammed, but 80 % is too high, some of the people refer scammed because the ico can't give them the profit that the owner's promised
Activity: 118
March 30, 2018, 10:26:10 AM
to be honest, I realize that not 80% ICO are scam. We must say that 80% ICO are failed. and there are many reasons for this fail. the team wanna scam or normally, they just can not mobilize enough money for project.
Jump to: