Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 120. (Read 12219 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 05:05:03 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Its depend to us if we believe that 80% of the ICO from now is totally scam. We are in a possesion of the problem especially in choosing ICO. And sometimes we also have a problem so we think they have the less. There are so many project that are being potentially to be a good project soon. But we are just supposed to have a trust to whom we trust.
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
March 29, 2018, 04:26:05 AM
First, your post is posted in the wrong section.
Second, most ICO projects are just hype, which is why countries are adopting laws to restrict ICO.

sorry...
new to the forum... what section should it go under? ill try to move it
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 29, 2018, 04:17:09 AM
First, your post is posted in the wrong section.
Second, most ICO projects are just hype, which is why countries are adopting laws to restrict ICO.
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
March 29, 2018, 04:15:06 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
Pages:
Jump to: