Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 50. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 12
July 28, 2018, 07:48:14 PM
For people who have a lot of experience in ICO, they can be selective in choosing ICO, and they can tell which ICOs are real and which are potentially scam ICOs.
Activity: 263
Merit: 102
July 28, 2018, 07:47:52 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

We can't deny this truth, because almost all airdrops, especially ICOs nowadays is a scam, same with some bounty campaigns. This is so frustrating, because knowing that all your hardships, effort and time goes to nothing is so saddening. I hope this kind of problem would have a solution.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
July 28, 2018, 07:40:44 PM
See the concept given and researching about this project is very important. The current growth of the ICO project is great and continues to grow the new ICO are popping up. But there are some problems with the bounty hunter, they must face the ICO project scam. And that makes this agitated the bounty hunter.
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
July 28, 2018, 07:34:46 PM
It is mportant thing to do research before joining on ICO. Reading on their whitepaper and looking on their developer team is important. Many ICOs scam right now and its happen because competition on cryptomarket is getting high.
You must carefully study each project.
Activity: 322
Merit: 6
July 28, 2018, 07:32:43 PM
His growing ICO growth that scam currently makes the community crypto restless and afraid to follow ICO again. However, although there are many scams, the legitimate ICO also still has a lot, Qualifications in following the ICO is now increasingly made strict rules. If you can get a legitimate ICO of sufficient quality, you will get many benefits.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
July 28, 2018, 07:27:54 PM
This is a terrible truth, but it really is, because in our days the percentage of scam projects starts to exceed all permissible rates. This not normal. Very soon, we can lose everything we've been going to for so long.

You won't lose anything if you don't invest in ICOs but you will definitely lose an opportunity to make something if you don't invest in ICOs.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
July 28, 2018, 11:24:13 AM
This is a terrible truth, but it really is, because in our days the percentage of scam projects starts to exceed all permissible rates. This not normal. Very soon, we can lose everything we've been going to for so long.
Activity: 153
July 28, 2018, 11:17:58 AM
Because of the lack of regulation at the ICO, many ICOs are downright fraud, and these ICO companies have not even considered making their projects seem legitimate, and these projects are struggling due to poor management or other factors.
Basically, these ICOs have more or less deceived their investors.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
July 28, 2018, 10:49:23 AM
It is necessary to participate only in ICO with a strong team and strong, I mean the professional skills of the team, especially the CEO / Founder. Fraud ICO you can judge this by reading their technical paper, because it will simply copy the paste and can include false information. People did not bother to read the ICO documentation.
Activity: 826
Merit: 260
July 28, 2018, 09:46:26 AM
My opinion is not scam.but in 2018 very much some ico project is failed..bot reached their target...we back on 2017..many ico hasbeen succes launch their project..softcap reached.maybe very much some ico that was launch product..and investor choose some project..not one project and succesfull it..
Activity: 210
July 28, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
I agree very much now such projects 60% exactly and very sad when you take part in the bounty and the more you invest your money and it turns out that the money collected and disappeared so many such cases.
or even often distributed tokens send people like all the rules and all tokens are not needed by anybody and lie on a purse(
Activity: 536
Merit: 251
July 28, 2018, 09:25:18 AM
Unfortunately it's true, most of the ICO scammers. You need to be very careful and recheck everything, otherwise you can lose all your money.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
July 28, 2018, 08:21:33 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

I disagree. I think the percentage is much higher than what you have stated. At this point I don't even think that there are any icos out there that are not scams because there are already thousands of coins in the market, what exactly are they creating at this point that hasn't already being created?
There might be a couple of good ones but I would bet a good amount that the number can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Activity: 490
July 27, 2018, 07:50:30 PM
Despite the fact that most of the projects are fraud, it is still possible to choose good and worthy projects, although they are now extremely rare. So I think we should not stop looking for really good projects.
Activity: 714
July 27, 2018, 02:17:46 PM
Yes lts of then not bring the best out of itself because there are lots of project coming these days and bring the best of each other so delay in some time can make the project obsolete. So it is better that you first investigate all the things, Then do the things.
Activity: 196
July 27, 2018, 02:15:29 PM
I agree that recently a lot of ICO scams, so now the popularity of ICO has fallen.
Activity: 210
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
July 27, 2018, 01:54:50 PM
Scam is not synonymous with ICO or cryptocurrency alone.  The statistics of 80 percent ICO been scam is not accurate.  There will be scam for sure but not to eighty percent.  Many ICO has been successful and many are still striving to be successful.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
July 27, 2018, 01:52:21 PM
This is sad statistics, and it becomes even sadder if you became a victim of a scam project. Then you begin to pour out waves of your indignation on everyone else. And then you ruin the world's reputation of a crypto currency.

The majority of those who are angry are losing money from the crypto market, who are not market conscious, they only invest in the fomo method, or invest in high interest projects (Ponzi), and when lost money they blamed on Bitcoin and crypto
Activity: 420
July 27, 2018, 01:23:43 PM
80 percent icos are a scam but this percentage of a scam claiming icos have no direct proper research they are just claiming in intention of claiming icos in bad light only few icos are scam
Activity: 502
July 27, 2018, 01:06:08 PM
This is sad statistics, and it becomes even sadder if you became a victim of a scam project. Then you begin to pour out waves of your indignation on everyone else. And then you ruin the world's reputation of a crypto currency.
I experience to joined those scam ico and yes that is very sad thing but you don't need to be stress just do another move and joined again another ico but we should be careful for the 2nd time so the nextime you never joined again scam ico.
Pages:
Jump to: