Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 84. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 05:15:55 AM
you have to research alot about ICO, white papper, project team, founder, developer..etc..

with good project may make you risk otherwise
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 10, 2018, 04:43:51 AM
Yup that is the sad truth about ICO today.The numbers of SCAMS ICO is huge and i think they need to figure out what is the true and what is the scams/fake ICO because we are the affected here. But we need this and no matter how many scam ICO here we still continue and we should believe that 20% or maybe 30% will be the way to have an income.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
June 10, 2018, 03:57:47 AM
I see some ico that scam and token they launched so worthless in the market but I think the percentage is not that big because there are still a lot of ico that succeed and people still believe to follow it because it's already a lot also that succeed with ico
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
June 10, 2018, 01:24:16 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
It is a big truth that we are in this field of the cryptocurrency and are facing directly a way of scam , here we can see a factor that when in the market of the cryptocurrency a new service enters then in that case we find that it is better to invest and make better profit but if you will enter in this field after long time then surely you will enter in the scam because not everything will run perfectly for long term.in this field , so it is better to enter in starting , right now we can see that about 4-5 month before Investment in ICOs was a profitable Jon but in the present time it is not better for us because 80%+ ICOs are coming just to scam us .
Well here we will say that we should remain away from any type of ICOs investment , and even if we are going for the investment then make analysis ourself perfectly .
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
June 09, 2018, 05:15:51 PM
Unfortunately it is, but still I'm very positive about this type of earnings. Nowadays it is very difficult to choose a good project for investment due to dozens of fake ICOs. And even if you've chosen the good one it's hard to invest good amount of money in it. Anyway we must be as careful as possible and do't trust anyone's opinion except your own.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
June 09, 2018, 04:58:03 PM
I am not sure if this percentage about the scams among ICO projects is realistic, but I am sure that there are so many fake and scam ICO projects which pop-ups daily almost.
That's why we have to take care before investing in this projects, or even before spending our time and effort with their bounty campaigns.
Studying the project carefully before investing (either money or time) is a must.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/
June 09, 2018, 04:54:52 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...

hmmm, that statistics is totally far from positive)) anyway, it's possible to find successful statistics, so do this please! Quarkchain ,Fantom, Asura, Coinvest, Eloncity are among successful projects)) anyway be careful while choosing a prroject,
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
June 09, 2018, 04:49:17 PM
it's very unexpected but that's the truth, most ico scam they just want to earn money for free, it's very difficult to choose which one is right, for example from the many bounty projects that you follow only a few are successful, it applies also to investors.
Activity: 303
June 09, 2018, 04:42:22 PM
I agree with you due to the fact that I have invested a lot on ICO that turned out to be scammed. It is better to do thorough research before buying any ICO
Activity: 137
June 09, 2018, 04:24:37 PM
As far as i know the number of scam ICOs are far bigger than 80%. Its only 1 out of 10 ICOs are acheiving success,so it means there are less projects that are surviving the market that is why ICO investments are surely a risky thing to do especially when you arent good in researching or investigating every aspects you need to check before getting involved with these projects.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
June 09, 2018, 04:10:44 PM
In fact, probably even 95% of all ICOs are scammers. The problem is that any big money attracts scams, which then kill the ecosystem of the entire business. It's sad.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
June 09, 2018, 04:10:07 PM
Yes. Many ICOs are fake and scams. It is very difficult to identify a good ico. But ICO investment is the best way to make profit. You should have a good knowledge and experience to identify a good ico
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 04:03:44 PM
Its depend to us if we believe that 80% of the ICO from now is totally scam. We are in a possesion of the problem especially in choosing ICO. And sometimes we also have a problem so we think they have the less. There are so many project that are being potentially to be a good project soon. But we are just supposed to have a trust to whom we trust.

Activity: 322
Merit: 12
June 09, 2018, 04:00:18 PM
I think 95% of the ico is fraud, which is to defraud the investor's money, and then increase the encryption price, and investors buy more expensive encryption to lose money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
June 09, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
Its important thing to do research before joining on ICO. Reading on their whitepaper and looking on their developer team is important. Many ICOs scam right now and its happen because competition on cryptomarket is getting tight
Activity: 63
June 09, 2018, 03:10:25 PM
Is there any statistics on the number of ICO screeches? I think there might be a good topic for discussion and the constant updating of the list of tokens. it would be a good idea to create tables

I can't tell you the source, but I remember the number of 72% - this is the amount of ICOs that haven't realised their road map and don't develope the project the way they announced it. This is not clear scam, but if you didn't get money from such investmaent - I think this is more like fraud
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
June 09, 2018, 03:05:46 PM
I'm wondering if this is really 80% of the projects are fraudsters, and they all want to leave with investors' money, or some of them are not scammers, but simply not getting the amount paid off for ICO ...
Activity: 113
June 09, 2018, 03:00:09 PM
Of the approximately 200 bounty companies I've been involved in, only a few can be called scams. They were created for the purpose of deception. The rest were in various degrees successful, but scams, I would not call them.
Activity: 108
June 09, 2018, 02:58:30 PM
Yes, they are. People are too much greedy, how can a man steal others valuable money!! Soon or later, they will curse. This year is an ico scam year maybe. Because many ICO Projects are scamming in this year where 2017 was the golden year for the crypto and ico too. I am fed up with scammers.
Activity: 372
Merit: 100
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
June 09, 2018, 12:01:42 PM
its true, most of the ico are scam, it became popular so even scammers take advantage of launching an ico to make an easy money. but we can avoid it by looking their public profile or any other information that will make their intention visible before our own eyes.
Pages:
Jump to: