Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 79. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
June 18, 2018, 06:14:38 PM
There are a lot of good projects that can give a potentially high growth for their coins and the demand for their product will also be great,but first of all you need to know about this project as much information as possible. Then choose the right campaign that you will develop and if you use the information-there will be less scammers and pacifiers!!
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
June 18, 2018, 05:44:39 PM
I would say the percent of scams is even higher than 80 percent.  A lot of these scams you never hear about and they slowly fade from your memory.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
June 18, 2018, 05:43:28 PM
OK, I think than this number, now ICO is rampant in the market, has made the ICO market decline and reduce the number of investors, partly due to ICO fraud, part of the ICO price is higher than the price When it was traded, it made investors lose confidence.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
June 17, 2018, 10:06:17 PM
Although this is just an assertion but I quite agree with it because we are in a market that does not have strict management and strict inspection of licenses and certifications to operate in the crypto business. Therefore, any form or team can build and form capital mobilization. That means, it carries a certain amount of risk if we do not look carefully, we can lose our money because most of these scam devs are out there to cart away with investors funds.
Agree with you. But everything goes before what to deceive only novices or people who do not understand where they are investing at all. Experienced investors very rarely get into such situations
Because they know the risk therefore they learn to diversify as well.
Even if you are an experience investor, still there is a risk that you will fail on choosing the right altcoins, in my experience, I thought
I could make money with Centra because they have good development, but in the end I fail, luckily, I was able to earn from my other altcoins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 05:27:45 PM
Although this is just an assertion but I quite agree with it because we are in a market that does not have strict management and strict inspection of licenses and certifications to operate in the crypto business. Therefore, any form or team can build and form capital mobilization. That means, it carries a certain amount of risk if we do not look carefully, we can lose our money because most of these scam devs are out there to cart away with investors funds.
Agree with you. But everything goes before what to deceive only novices or people who do not understand where they are investing at all. Experienced investors very rarely get into such situations
Activity: 313
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 04:58:16 PM
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
June 17, 2018, 04:57:51 PM
the problem of icos right now that they are all erc20 and programmer even dont do blockhain they just use etherium erc20 and just making new project, so because of it they can just make more and more projects and not focus on product.
Activity: 116
June 17, 2018, 04:54:25 PM
Among them, there are many good projects, I disagree, I am sure that less than 80% are scammers. In any sphere of life there are scammers, so do not despair and be careful
Activity: 406
Merit: 111
June 17, 2018, 04:51:54 PM
First, your post is posted in the wrong section.
Second, most ICO projects are just hype, which is why countries are adopting laws to restrict ICO.

And IPOs are not? Its the exact same principle. Been scammed myself once on an ICO but after that, never again. It isn't hard to differentiate the scams from the legit and the winners from the losers, its really simple but people who come into this space have absolutely no clue what they are doing and buy anything with the word blockchain in it. And his post is not posted in the wrong section, it is not an accusation.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
June 17, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Eighty percent of ico can not be said to ve scam when these ICO are yet to develop into full fledged service or product that is serving a particular niche in the market or in real world applications. Let be diligent to invest and observe to contribute.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0
June 17, 2018, 04:45:17 PM
The biggest number of scams in ICO are connected with the simplicity of attraction a bigger number of people at the project and distribution of advertising about a similar way of earnings on the Internet.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
June 17, 2018, 04:42:38 PM
Unfortunately you are right, about 80% of ICO are scams. But this is just for now. I think in the next few years we will see a big decrease of scamers. People become more clever and they will not support fake projects.
copper member
Activity: 196
June 17, 2018, 04:41:52 PM
The fact is you are right. I have come across many of this scam icos and people rushing into it. This has made it difficult for people to detect the legit from scam projects. Hopefully there will be a better solution to solve this
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 04:40:03 PM
Could not disagree more. ICOs are like the real world startups. If a startup fail, you don't say that it was a scam. You might say that the management team was weak, the idea was bad, fund management wasn't satisfying, but it means something went wrong, although all the employees did their best. The same applies to ICOs. If they raise 10M usd and then fail in the following years, means nothing else, just the normal procedure and lifecycle of startups.

Yes it is true that the ICO that we have seen are most likely scams, but there are few projects that is also paying, but the number of scam ICO are growing and it has taken away money from real investors as a result of market breakdown, it must be stop, before joining an ICO, you must study first the project and its road map and its success rate.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 04:36:45 PM
The scam ICOs is why people lose faith in the cryptos as a concept. They give crypto a bad name. Until the state regulates thy crypto market, investors won't be protected from scammers.
Activity: 167
June 17, 2018, 01:41:41 PM
I think 95% of the ico is fraud, which is to defraud the investor's money, and then increase the encryption price, and investors buy more expensive encryption to lose money.
You are wrong.  Scam projects are much smaller.  Now a lot of projects that do not reach the soft cap.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 17, 2018, 10:00:39 AM
I don't think many are scams, a lot of them just fail, there's a lot more competition than last year and less buyers.
Many ideas have already been implemented and those projects that try to replicate the success of previous projects fail. It seems to me that now in order to avoid fraud, you have to choose ICO with a famous team and a new idea. Although there are very few such projects on the market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
June 17, 2018, 09:37:54 AM
Could not disagree more. ICOs are like the real world startups. If a startup fail, you don't say that it was a scam. You might say that the management team was weak, the idea was bad, fund management wasn't satisfying, but it means something went wrong, although all the employees did their best. The same applies to ICOs. If they raise 10M usd and then fail in the following years, means nothing else, just the normal procedure and lifecycle of startups.

Hmm you have a point to your idea dude an ico project need a strong team to be success in this cryptoworld but what I see more and more ico project turning to scam this is really bad and sad for all participant of ico project.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
June 17, 2018, 09:35:14 AM
True, you can invest into ICO which will multiply your investment or you will invest into ICO which die and you will lose your money.
Every investment is risky.
Activity: 55
Merit: 2
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
June 17, 2018, 09:33:23 AM
Pages:
Jump to: