Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 62. (Read 81426 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Just a heads up for those who have problem with raven and criptobridge-raven will be listed on cryptopia tomorrow(deposit/witdrawals are already working)not really sure if they are any better then cb but just a heads up

Nice!!! Didn't see that one coming this soon.
It's about time!
In any case RVN has seen its price rise quite nicely as a result lately. I had actually mined over 20'000 of these coins in 5 days not long after its release back in feb. Waited a few weeks and sold'em. Made $500. Good five days of mining for a 5x1080 rig that was.
Been accumulating a few thousand coins every now and then. It's like a safe bet to get back to when you're bored of Nicehash or ETH...
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
Just a heads up for those who have problem with raven and criptobridge-raven will be listed on cryptopia tomorrow(deposit/witdrawals are already working)not really sure if they are any better then cb but just a heads up

Nice!!! Didn't see that one coming this soon.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

nice I have 5200 rvn coins in a wallet and I did not like my choices of exchanges
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Activity: 224
Merit: 13
Every bloody day several shitcoins are coming out. Not a single good one in the last few months. It's pathetic actually, it's not even worth trying to instamine because the value on the trash exchanges they might get listed at isn't even worth your electricity.
Haven is an interesting idea.

Here is the whitepaper:

https://havven.io/uploads/havven_whitepaper.pdf

The first few pages make my head hurt because they are using brain cells that have not been exercised in nearly 30 years.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Every bloody day several shitcoins are coming out. Not a single good one in the last few months. It's pathetic actually, it's not even worth trying to instamine because the value on the trash exchanges they might get listed at isn't even worth your electricity.
Haven is an interesting idea.
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
Signatum was an outright scam, but most here(myself included) made money... hmmm  Grin
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
on another note, 1.13 enemy is "out"

1.13 has Renesis support. I’ve already mined 18k coins to hope get a nice cache before this enemy release and difficulty rise.

Anyone have a link to the beta?

thats what I was hinting at hahaha.  You can ask on the discord.  In any case, mining Renesis could very well be wasted hashrate...or not.  But latest "new" algos included in enemy for example were absolute trash, someone correct on that if im wrong.  Although its nice to have a new coin to mine, I just see these just like SIGT all over again, and again.

Yah I sent him a message in discord, no response yet.  Probably a blessing in disguise.  Renesis looks like a total shitcoin with no new ideas and with the only purpose of being asic resistant.  I mean when the wallet has a big tacky image of calvin pissing on something, it tells you something lol
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

1.13 has Renesis support. I’ve already mined 18k coins to hope get a nice cache before this enemy release and difficulty rise.

thats what I was hinting at hahaha.  You can ask on the discord.  In any case, mining Renesis could very well be wasted hashrate...or not.  But latest "new" algos included in enemy for example were absolute trash, someone correct on that if im wrong.  Although its nice to have a new coin to mine, I just see these just like SIGT all over again, and again.
I made $$$ on SIGT though Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

Bleh... I was hoping that this rally could finally be sustained... But BTC's been struggling to stay over 8000 last week and broke it downwards again this morning. I loaded up on a few million PoS coins (Linda, BitBean, Pundi X) hoping to cash in a good yield while buying them at the low... But seems they might be going lower...

AMD rigs off for a couple of weeks while I'm away on hols. 1080 rig is mining either ETH, RVN or Nicehash depending on what I feel like...
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I am holding 5200 rvn. Which is somewhat like 100 usd.

Maybe I should mine some more.

I've been mining RVN for about 3.5 months with 25 gpus ... Mostly 1070ti's, a rig of 1080ti's, and a mixed rig.  Last night (07-29) the difficulty jumped way up.  I switched back to mining ETC tonight.  RVN/BTC pair is way up today, but not enough for me to make the trade or continue mining it.  I was mining it when it went through it's last peak in the high 500 sats.  I'm just going to hold on to what I have and see what happens.

Not sure what will happen to the price of ETC once it lands on CoinBase, but I'm done mining RVN at it's current difficulty level.

Fpgas have taken over raven is what they are saying
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
RVN is up to 2.4 cents  I have 5200 = 125 usd

BIS is down to 1.22     I have 200    = 244 usd

BTG is down to 27.98   I have 6      = 180 usd

those are all long term hodl coins   and they are all full profit  IE I sold enough that power was paid for.

6x 1080ti on BTG for now.

6x 1080ti on x16r and or ETH

and some solo mining

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

along with some mining on:

ckpool
mmpool
bravo-mining
solo ltc
viabtc 

but no where near last dec/jan levels

about 6.5kwatts  in power at 3 locations

buddies office
solar array
my garage

I was over 30kwatts in DEC and  JAN
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
I am holding 5200 rvn. Which is somewhat like 100 usd.

Maybe I should mine some more.

I've been mining RVN for about 3.5 months with 25 gpus ... Mostly 1070ti's, a rig of 1080ti's, and a mixed rig.  Last night (07-29) the difficulty jumped way up.  I switched back to mining ETC tonight.  RVN/BTC pair is way up today, but not enough for me to make the trade or continue mining it.  I was mining it when it went through it's last peak in the high 500 sats.  I'm just going to hold on to what I have and see what happens.

Not sure what will happen to the price of ETC once it lands on CoinBase, but I'm done mining RVN at it's current difficulty level.
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Man punch cards!  Don't ever drop a stack of those and if you do pray they're numbered.

dropped my decks own a few times back in the day (fortran in college). after the 1st time i started numbering them heh.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

No  did not get to  play much with games on it.

I did load 1000's and 1000's and 1000's of key punch cards on  that card reader. 

Best  shift was 11 pm to 7 am.   We did a long printout it took 3 hours to print.  You could pull a chair up to the printer put the cover down and take a nap while it printed.  If it jammed it would stop and you would wake up and fix the jam.  If it finished the job it would stop you would wake up and take the 3000 page print out  get it ready to distribute the next morning.  The computer shop  had multiple locks as it was a secure room.

So I would basically get to take a 3 hour nap every night I worked.  I would knock off work at 7am get some breakfast in the ships galley and take a bus to the beach.  Sleep a few more hours while getting a nice tan and then come back to the ship at 4pm  hang out with my buddies and go to work at 11pm.  Since my ship was a repair ship we would stay docked more then we sailed.  I got to do that routine above for about 13 months in a row while at San Diego.

Man punch cards!  Don't ever drop a stack of those and if you do pray they're numbered.
Pages:
Jump to: